[Art/Poetry] Xze's Corner of Insanity-12/13-WIP

Started by Nikki, July 11, 2008, 11:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you perfer more of mine?

Traditional arts
Digital arts
Writings

Nikki

Many problems. So many that you need happy pills. even though there is no point to that.

Pen only

i shamed the dragon with that >>

Something i never finished But i'm pondering on finishing it digitally.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nikki

Should i try making it digi? or just keep it penciled?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Jairus

I honestly don't know anything about digital art. It's something I should work on at some point. In the meantime, it still looks good in pencil. If you want to work on it in a program, go right ahead.

Nikki

Okay, since i'm starting this comic up again i'm gonna go ahead and post the pages since a few new people haven't seen it XD

Xanthys-Page 1
Xanthys-Page 2
Xanthys-Page 3
Xanthys-Page 4
Xanthys-Page 5
Xanthys-Page 6

And here are the characters;
Rhea Dragonspeed
Lance Fayte
Jon Pyrik
Shayde Helfyre
Sierra DeVille

Jairus

I can't really read the first three pages of the comic.

Incidentally, cute avatar.

Nikki

Can you tell that they were made long ago? I think they were back in...'04 or something.

And thank you =3 i'm thinking of changing my signature to match

Jairus

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2008, 02:28:33 AM
Can you tell that they were made long ago? I think they were back in...'04 or something.

Well, the dialogue's hand drawn on the first three, while the next three have typewritten words. Pencil in my experience doesn't scan well, so I can understand the difficulties of getting it into the computer properly. Unfortunately, I don't know any tricks to help, since darkening the contrast would probably pick up a bunch of other things.

Hm, it's actually nice to comment on other people's stuff and here how they do things.

Nikki

Actually, 5 and 6 were also handwritten.

The first...4 were made with the idea of just having a few long comic strips, so i used the whole page with a lot of little squares. The next two i sort of wised up and put just a little bit on them so that i could make my handwriting bigger and neater.

even though my handwriting still looks like a kid's =P

Jairus

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2008, 02:37:26 AM
Actually, 5 and 6 were also handwritten.

The first...4 were made with the idea of just having a few long comic strips, so i used the whole page with a lot of little squares. The next two i sort of wised up and put just a little bit on them so that i could make my handwriting bigger and neater.
Well, the first three are a lot less clear than the last three. That's kind of what I was trying to say. And space can usually be a problem (my lack of understanding for the need for proper arrangement of space is what plagues some of my older stuff)

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 05, 2008, 02:37:26 AM
even though my handwriting still looks like a kid's =P
My handwriting's not much better. I spend too much time typing on a computer. I mean, I can have some pretty clear – and actually fairly neat – handwriting when I focus on it, but I so rarely focus on it that sometimes my handwriting is barely legible. At least by me.

Nikki

Jairus

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 06, 2008, 04:51:45 AM
Smexy Apple =P

Yes, cute. Incidentally, that was the biggest hint that it was you... besides the late start on your part.

As promised, this was the one I did. Not much, really.

WhiteFox

Normally, I take critiquing very seriously. I don't mean I'm a hardass, just that I'm serious about it.

Rather than take a few pages to make in depth comments about everything here, I'll just say this. If you are picking up *anything* and drawing *something* on *whatever*, you are doing something right. Professional artists are doing exactly what you're doing, they've just done it for six hours a day for several years. But it's still the exact same thing.

This is the reason for my sig. Anyone can draw. They just don't, and then say they can't.

Nice lighting and shading on the apple, by the way.

Jairus, that's an awesome Bunny. Kudos.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Nikki

the best photoshopped drawing ive done

is an apple.

a danged apple.

ironic.

Nikki

I made something Decently cool :B

And ya, that be a Velociraptor all rave-y and vibe-y.

Whoo! go flopped sleep schedule! :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nice.

I should point out that the text on the apple was almost unreadable, since it was all overlayed and the same colour...

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Nikki

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 07, 2008, 07:15:15 AM
Nice.

I should point out that the text on the apple was almost unreadable, since it was all overlayed and the same colour...

That was intentional  :)

Nikki

STICK OF DOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

im not sure if i ever posted this before, but this is technically the first Digi art i ever did with my tablet =D

Now hug it!!

WhiteFox

Rave: lowering the brighness on the text might make it more readable. Maybe lowering the saturation too. I could just make out the raptor, that is cool.

Stick of Doom: Sometimes, when I'm running an RP, I have to get out one of those. I only save it for special occasions.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Jairus

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 07, 2008, 06:37:59 PM
STICK OF DOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!

im not sure if i ever posted this before, but this is technically the first Digi art i ever did with my tablet =D

Now hug it!!

Heeheeheeheehee... cool. It's like a Banhammer! Only pointier!

Nikki

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on August 07, 2008, 07:49:29 PM
Rave: lowering the brighness on the text might make it more readable. Maybe lowering the saturation too. I could just make out the raptor, that is cool.

Lower brightness..check...

lower saturation...uh..how do you do that?

Quote from: Jairus on August 07, 2008, 08:31:00 PM

Heeheeheeheehee... cool. It's like a Banhammer! Only pointier!

you should see my Motivation mallet =D

Nikki

Zedd

Well that's alot pics but what happen to the stuff you used to do?

Nikki

Zedd

Yes I do hun, And I miss talking to you on MSN or whatevers

Nikki

Well i lost all my pencils, my sketchbooks are full and my parents refuse to buy me more and i can never find the brand i used to use, and even if i had pencils and the sketchbook(s), my scanner is broken.

Zedd

Brunhidden

your art is almost getting a 'buddies on away' feel to it
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 29, 2008, 02:56:06 PM
I have no idea what this is supposed to be.

just so you know, about 9/10ths of my sketch book pages look like this. I'm always experimenting on how to draw stuff; heads, feet, hands, hair, etc. I'm pretty sure this is natural.

As for lower saturation... that means more gray or white. Pale colors have low saturation. Most color pickers will have an option for saturation, (Hue/Saturation/Value.) If you have sliders for Red/Blue/Green mix, then turning all of them up a bit will desaturate the color until you get white.

(Dear god, I almost started on a rant about color theory. We'd be here all day.)