[Comic] Furrae Chronicles (more heads, full Nero)

Started by James StarRunner, June 17, 2008, 04:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

[Latest Update] June 27, 2008

Added two more heads and full body of Nero

Some of you know, some of you don't, but plans are in the making for Gareeku's 'Furrae Chronicles' in comic format. If all goes well, I hope to launch it at the end of August. So far I've gotten permission from most involved. Before I start the comic though, I've been trying to get permission from owners who have characters appearing and practicing drawing those characters.

So far I have permission from the following to draw their characters:
Gareeku
Nero
Tape
Xze
Gabi
Mel
Keaton
Paladin
Cog
Aisha
Charline
(and myself)

People I haven't heard from yet (so far I think this list is all I have left. If not, let me know):
Sioffra
Ryn
RJ
Sty

Those who wish their characters not to appear or those who say nothing will not have their characters appear in the comic.

Starting a few quick sketches, I have already done the following:

If those who I have named above would please leave permission (if they haven't already) and leave reference pictures and other notes for me here, that would be greatly appreciated.

Aisha deCabre

I wish I could see the sketches...Photobucket hates me for some idiot reason... ><

Regardless, as I've said, I can't wait to see this comic idea come to light. ^^  And also, I'm sure you know I gave you permission already to use Aisha.  She wasn't on the list...just pointing that out.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 17, 2008, 04:58:04 PM
I wish I could see the sketches...Photobucket hates me for some idiot reason... ><

Regardless, as I've said, I can't wait to see this comic idea come to light. ^^  And also, I'm sure you know I gave you permission already to use Aisha.  She wasn't on the list...just pointing that out.
On the list now. Not sure if I can quickly solve the photobucket thing though... Also if you could put up what references you want me to draw your character from that would greatly help. ^_^

Tapewolf

If this is any help to you, Ryn is active on DA as http://rynserenity.deviantart.com/
...so that provides one channel of communication, if getting hold of her is the problem.  Of course, if you have already tried to get in contact with her and are simply stalled on a reply, it won't help any.

Out of interest, what happens if a character doesn't appear?  Are you going to substitute another member of the cast for that role, or discard the scene entirely?

And do you need a reference for Jakob?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 05:03:36 PM
If this is any help to you, Ryn is active on DA as http://rynserenity.deviantart.com/

And do you need a reference for Jakob?
Thanks, I'll go give her a visit.

And I have a few references of Jakob, but they are from greatly differing styles, I'd like to know what is most appropriate for this comic.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 17, 2008, 05:06:27 PM
And I have a few references of Jakob, but they are from greatly differing styles, I'd like to know what is most appropriate for this comic.
Zina's rendition, I think, since it is actually taken from a scene in Furrae Chronicles.
http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/jakob_by_zinacat.jpg

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 17, 2008, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 17, 2008, 04:58:04 PM

On the list now. Not sure if I can quickly solve the photobucket thing though... Also if you could put up what references you want me to draw your character from that would greatly help. ^_^

Nobody can solve it I don't think.  It's gone unsolved for almost 2 years now.

And thanks ^^ also, references...

This would perhaps be the best reference of Aisha I have of her appearance.  She'd have the same outfit in FC, but without the yellow coloring.

Aish isn't really a dragon, but this is an okay reference for her Dragonblade, the sword she's holding.  I had an older picture a while back of her holding the boomerang, if I could access it, I'd offer that as how to draw that weapon too...one doesn't hold the thing like a regular boomerang. x3

Perhaps one of the only slightly good references I've actually drawn myself.  Regardless, I hope Aisha's appearance is straightforward.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 17, 2008, 05:24:18 PM

Point. We can, however, re-host it somewhere else where you _can_ see it. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 17, 2008, 05:36:38 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on June 17, 2008, 05:24:18 PM

Point. We can, however, re-host it somewhere else where you _can_ see it. ;-]

Heh, for me and everyone in the same boat, however few that may be, that would be much appreciated. ^^;

Now I won't derail the topic any longer. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

James StarRunner

Sunblink

Oh, nice sketches. I can't wait to see this comic get off the ground. >:3

By the way, if you need any references for Keaton, here they are: A headshot

And a full body shot. Note the mismatched hands.

There are some details which are a little less apparent, such as the fact Keaton has a pair of white, abstract eyes, kind of like gypsy moth eyes, on the backs of her wings. She does not have these "eyes" on the backs of her head-wings. One day I'll draw reference of the eyes, I swear. Here's a full shot of her clan marking, too. It's white, and located on her left hip - a sliver of it is visible in the second reference picture. I don't have a picture of the clothes she's wearing in Furrae Chronicles, but I'll see if I can sketch up a reference picture for you at some point.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Gareeku

James StarRunner

Thanks Keaton, take your time. It's still going to be awhile before I get up to the RP portion of the story. XD

Quote from: Gareeku on June 18, 2008, 06:21:52 PM
FC comic, eh? Sounds cool... ;)
Oh, don't sound as if it's news to you! XD

Gareeku

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 17, 2008, 05:03:36 PMOut of interest, what happens if a character doesn't appear?  Are you going to substitute another member of the cast for that role, or discard the scene entirely?

James and I have pretty much decided (at least that was the impression i got when we last spoke about the matter) that any character which we do not getting permission for using will be replaced by an original character.

James StarRunner

Or since there's so many characters already, we may not replace them. Not totally sure, but we still have time left. Everyone who hasn't already, please put up the reference pictures you want me to work from.

Gabi

You
want
references?

My avatar would also work, and I have some more if you want.

Random fact that hasn't came up yet but will be useful if you're making a comic: Gabi normally keeps her hair lose when she's staying in some place (e.g. Ha'Khun), but ties it when she goes on an adventure. This is to prevent her hair from getting in the way of whatever she may have to do.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

James StarRunner

Adding Jakob and a "A found my bounty" happy Aisha

Gareeku     James
Gabi           Nero
Jakob         Aisha

Nero

His staff can apparently grow a few kinds of blades via magic. This one being the spear.
-Disclaimer: Batteries not included-

WhiteFox

I am compelled to make art comments.

Jakob and Gaareku's faces... I find faces on angles look better when I'm not shy about covering up the far eye with the nose.

One other note, on Nero and one or two of the faces: Necks taper. From any angle. Also, the shoulder (His left, our right) looks like it should slope closer to the body. I love how his hair parts over his horns, tho'. Nice touch.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Fox LeBlanc on June 27, 2008, 08:58:37 PM
I am compelled to make art comments.

Jakob and Gaareku's faces... I find faces on angles look better when I'm not shy about covering up the far eye with the nose.

One other note, on Nero and one or two of the faces: Necks taper. From any angle. Also, the shoulder (His left, our right) looks like it should slope closer to the body. I love how his hair parts over his horns, tho'. Nice touch.
Ya, you should have seen my muzzles before. I know I still need practice with them even though they already have gotten much better. As for the necks... I wasn't too worried, I just wanted to get the head. XD

Glad you like the horns though. I did put some thought into that. On a side note though, I didn't finish it and still have to put his wings in. :P

Suwako

:U Nero is normal looking!.

Nero looks alright, though I imagined the spearhead looking more like energy but of course without colour that effect is kind of lost...  I don't see tiny wings, but meh.. I forgot about them myself and he could be hiding them or something like Kria with a trinket or such.

I still like the head, I find it very consistent between the 2 drawings you made. Nero looks relatively short in this picture because of the size his head and probably his leg/torso ratio but I see to many 1/3 of leg torso's so i could be wrong. I'll try and find his length, hmm (goes to DA) nope I didn't write his length, so if it is not in the story that he is short your average size will do. He is 20 years old about, though he appears younger.   :U

I hate my old DA account, and you know it~

WhiteFox

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 27, 2008, 10:52:47 PMYa, you should have seen my muzzles before. I know I still need practice with them even though they already have gotten much better.

Glad you like the horns though. I did put some thought into that. On a side note though, I didn't finish it and still have to put his wings in. :P

This is one of those cases where I start looking at real life pictures of stuff to figure out how to draw it.

It's pretty common to draw muzzles like that tho, so it's all gravy.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

James StarRunner

Quote from: Aiyno on June 28, 2008, 05:43:24 AM
:U Nero is normal looking!.

Nero looks alright, though I imagined the spearhead looking more like energy but of course without colour that effect is kind of lost...  I don't see tiny wings, but meh.. I forgot about them myself and he could be hiding them or something like Kria with a trinket or such.

I still like the head, I find it very consistent between the 2 drawings you made. Nero looks relatively short in this picture because of the size his head and probably his leg/torso ratio but I see to many 1/3 of leg torso's so i could be wrong. I'll try and find his length, hmm (goes to DA) nope I didn't write his length, so if it is not in the story that he is short your average size will do. He is 20 years old about, though he appears younger.   :U

I hate my old DA account, and you know it~

Ya, I didn't manage to finish the wings before I had to leave for work. I didn't think he was 20... I made him more childlike thinking he was much younger, so I'll make him look more teenaged in the next one. But ya, the energy part of the weapon will stand out a lot more after the colouring.