[Art] The Panther's Art Station (6/26--Two Holiday Cards and an Aisha Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 05, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 23, 2006, 08:19:01 PM
Iiiiintroducing...Jakob in color.  Woot!   :3  (I can change the background if it's not too good...)

I don't know how you assembled it, but if it does exist without the background layer (transparent PNG or PSD or something) I'd be interested in having a copy of that.  I'm playing around with different shades of grey for the wings and the background is getting in the way :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aisha deCabre

Heh, actually I have the original PSD file saved, layers all separate and intact and all, for just such an occasion, if you'd like it.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 24, 2006, 07:33:56 PM
Heh, actually I have the original PSD file saved, layers all separate and intact and all, for just such an occasion, if you'd like it.
That would be ideal, if you wouldn't mind.  I've always wanted to try out GIMP's PSD importer :)

Aisha deCabre

Hope you're having good luck with the picture.   :3

At any rate, here's a few more things to put up so this thread can stay alive, whilst I get the incentive to finish those other requests.   :shifty

Haku
--I'm on a dragon spree...so after watching Spirited Away a few days ago, I drew a familiar dragon from said movie.

And while tinkering around with shading styles on Photoshop, I made a few random colorization patterns using the dodge and burn tools, and also the smudge tools.  The result is really cool, like shiny silk fabric.  They can be used for some desktop images methinks.  ^^

One in blue...
Green...
And red.

Enjoyeth, ye peeps.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

o.o oooooh, purdy... *stares* i like the green and red colorization patterns especially, and the dragon looks great!

Awesome artwork as usual, Aisha! :hug

xHaZxMaTx

llearch n'n'daCorna

mmm.

The red one makes me think of arteries. The blue one, drains. The green one, hillsides.

That may or may not be what you're aiming for, but it gives you some idea. :-) All very cool, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alan Garou

They're all awesome. Especially the red one, which looks like oil flowing through water. And Haku is beautifully drawn.

Aisha deCabre

Thank you all...veins and oil... XD I guess one can think of those as well.  With pictures like that it all depends on the audience.   :3

This one's just a quickie preview.  I tried sketching a better picture of Aisha in her regular attire.

The demon huntress...

When I color her I'll probably get rid of the wide smirk.  Just looks wierd somehow.   :sweatdrop
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

I kinda like the smirk, although I see what you mean. It makes her muzzle look lopsided or something. Is she taking the cape off, it seems to be sliding? But very nice, it shows Aisha's attitude.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on December 31, 2006, 04:48:17 PM
This one's just a quickie preview.  I tried sketching a better picture of Aisha in her regular attire.  The demon huntress...

Oh, the reverse-succubus trick, eh?
"Gareeku!  Are you mad?  She's an Adventurer!  She'll kill you!"

It looks pretty good though.  I rather like the smirk, but that's probably because I've been trying and failing to replicate Jakob's cynical grin ever since Blade drew it (and for all I know it was an accident anyway)

**EDIT**
Oh, and thanks for the PSD file.  I've never worked with layers much before which made it something of a learning experience.

It worked though:  http://www.jpmorris.force9.co.uk/stuff/jakob/jakob_aisha3-50.png

llearch n'n'daCorna

Layers are -really- useful, once you figure them out.

Being able to slice just -one- layer up, while leaving all the others identical, is -really- useful at times. :-)

Aisha deCabre

(Goes into PSA mode) Yes, artists, layers are your friends.  Repeat with me now: layers are friends.   :3  Haha, seriously though, looks cool, Tapewolf.  Glad to be of assistance.

QuoteOh, the reverse-succubus trick, eh?

Heee...well, it's a good thing then that Gareeku isn't a textbook Incubus (Furrae textbook, that is).  Now YOU on the other hand...  >:3

Aside, here's my sucktastic colored version of yonder Aisha picture.

Don't let her catch y'all being evil.   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 01, 2007, 06:04:03 PM
(Goes into PSA mode) Yes, artists, layers are your friends.  Repeat with me now: layers are friends.   :3  Haha, seriously though, looks cool, Tapewolf.  Glad to be of assistance.

I can see the use, it's just that I can't figure out how they work in Gimp 2.  In V1 you could see the contents of each layer, but for some weird, weird reason they removed that ability with version 2, so I mainly use it for merging two images rather than what most people do.  I'll have to read up on how it's supposed to work.

QuoteOh, the reverse-succubus trick, eh?

Heee...well, it's a good thing then that Gareeku isn't a textbook Incubus (Furrae textbook, that is).  Now YOU on the other hand...  >:3
..would be far too cowardly to be found dancing with an avowed demon hunter >:3

QuoteAside, here's my sucktastic colored version of yonder Aisha picture.
Don't let her catch y'all being evil.   :U
Oh, don't worry about that.  I'm quite capable of concealing my wicked deeds...

Anyway, the picture.  The red is rather vivid, perhaps a little too much so, but this is likely the sort of thing which depends on your monitor type and settings.
For some reason I can't help but think of little red riding hood*.  Let me guess, she's going to reach granny's house to find she's been replaced by a human in a fursuit?

**EDIT**
For all my rambling I forgot to mention that it's a nice picture.

*or Rosaleen in Company of Wolves... which amounts the same thing, her own lycanthropy issues notwithstanding

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 01, 2007, 06:33:44 PM
I can see the use, it's just that I can't figure out how they work in Gimp 2.  In V1 you could see the contents of each layer, but for some weird, weird reason they removed that ability with version 2, so I mainly use it for merging two images rather than what most people do.  I'll have to read up on how it's supposed to work.

If you want, bother me sometime. I'll happily chat about it...

.. especially since I think Gimp v2 -does- do what you want it to, just not how you think it does. Or something :-)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 01, 2007, 06:56:47 PM
If you want, bother me sometime. I'll happily chat about it...
.. especially since I think Gimp v2 -does- do what you want it to, just not how you think it does. Or something :-)

Ah.. they've moved it to its own special dialogue.  I couldn't quite believe they would do anything so stupid as removing it entirely, (although since the file dialogues have become truly abominable over the last release or so, it was distinctly possible).
Thanks for the offer though..

Aisha deCabre

QuoteAnyway, the picture.  The red is rather vivid, perhaps a little too much so, but this is likely the sort of thing which depends on your monitor type and settings.
For some reason I can't help but think of little red riding hood*.  Let me guess, she's going to reach granny's house to find she's been replaced by a human in a fursuit?

**EDIT**
For all my rambling I forgot to mention that it's a nice picture.

Yah, it's probably the background or the fact that the blue clothes were made dark.  It kinda contrasts the cape...though honestly I thought the biggest problem with the picture was that I made her eyes a little big.  XD

Ha-ha...I was just waiting for someone to make that joke.  This was her design since Furcadia...although she'd have a collection of different-colored capes.  Capes are cool.   :3  But thanks for remembering about the nice comment.  ^^

Anyway.  To HazMat's hopeful happiness, I have the pencil sketch of his character to now show before coloring.   :U

It's kinda dark, but still should be easily viewable.  Loungin' on a beanbag chair listening to music...I don't suppose he has a beanbag chair but I gave him one.   :3  A few minor adjustments and it should be ready soon.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

xHaZxMaTx

Bean bags chairs are kick-ass, I wish I had one. :(  Looks great so far, but the right side of the headphones is a little messed up.  It should be behind his head, but it looks like it's just on top of his head.  Other than that it's great.  Awesome work and thanks again. :3

James StarRunner

Aisha deCabre

*Heaves this thing back up with some new pics*

Hee, thanks for the comments as usual y'all, so very nice...and also thanks to James for stopping by.  :mowmeep

--This is a species of dragon I made up for one of my stories, specifically one called Kin.  This is actually the one kind whom the society of dragons considers legendary/nonexistent.  They're called Spirit Shielders because they have these little orbs around their heads, and when a dragon dies, they carry their souls to their eternal rest in these little orbs.

Spirit Shielder

--And a couple more species...water and earth, contrasting to my fire one I posted much earlier:

Marinus
Geoden

--And a dolphin spirit thingy with fiery wings.  I was playing around with the wind effects and stuff here.  ^^;

Fiery Wind

Also, expect VERY soon to see a HazMat's pic colored.  Huzzah!   :3

(Edit: Or, as per request if Hazzy wishes, the lineart piece.  More huzzah.  ^^)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Zedd

Gareeku

As I said on MSN hon, wonderful work yet again; I love the water dragon and the dolphin especially. *snugglins* keep up the awesome work! ^__^

xHaZxMaTx

Yay, you fixed the headphones.  And now there's nothing wrong with the pic as a whole. :)

That 'Spirit Shielder' dragon looks awesome. *Thumbs-up!*

Aisha deCabre

Hoo.  Finally, it's about time I updated this topic.  Now that I'm on spring break, I wanna try and get some request pics done.  First on that, here's HazMat, colored and shade-ified.  Sorry it took so long.  ^^;

Cool Hazzy

I also wanna announce that I wanna put any new requests on hold for the time being as well, until I get some more drawing mojo back, at least for people.  In the meantime, here's a dragon comic, as I haven't shown another one for a while (with a very badly-typed impression of a Scottish accent).   :rolleyes

Family Reunions

And a sketch of an anthro phoenix.  More practice with posing and stuff.  Also, I had wanted to draw something with wings for a while.   :mowtongue

Phoenix Spells

That's it for now, enjoy.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

*laughs at the comic* XD

Hehe, awesome arts once again, hon! ^^ I like the haz pic especially. :3

Zedd

Yarg...Grammies with a scotish/irish accent *shudder*
Haz looks great though

xHaZxMaTx

Good things really do come to those who wait! :D  That's awesome, Aisha, thanks so much! :tighthug

I also love the phonetically spelled Scottish accent in the comic. :lol  Funny to me because I just finished reading Pygmalion (yawn) in my English class.

Aisha deCabre

Woo, I haven't updated this thing in a flippin' long while, and yet I've been doing a lot of drawing.  Bad me!  :U

Since I'm a little too lazy right now to Photobucket the new pics, I shall direct ye all to my DA page instead.   :3  I was, and probably still am, on a dragon-drawing spree, so here's a few cool things.

--On my DA page, I put out offers to dragonize people's characters, just like the characters in my little comic, as in the one up yonder in the last post.  Here's the first (and so far only) request I got, and also one of Aisha.  (Oh WHY can't I draw her as well as a panther?)

Gareeku Dragonized
Aisha Dragonized

--And just for fun, one of my dolphin characters as a draggeh.

The Vigil

--One pertaining to my story...

Spirit Shielder

--And finally a couple of random ones.  :3

Mysticism
Xembra

Eeenjoy.  I'll probably put up lots of uncolored sketches as well.  And once again, thanks for the comments.  ^^
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Hello again all. :3

So, yeah.  My drawing muse has returned to me in force, and so I'm bringing this art topic back after about half a year.  In that time I've drawn a lot, and have hopefully improved...I even hope to open up commissions sometime in the near future, since I've had so many good opinions on that.

One small thing: Photobucket hates me, most of you whom I talk to online already know that.  So for the time being I won't be hosting my pictures there; and Imageshack has proven to be very slow.  I may use it if I have to, like say in the Secret Santa.

But otherwise, everything'll be shown from my DeviantArt page.

So to start off with, some of my most recent pieces, showing off my new coloring style.  And yes, linearting in the Pencil tool proves to be much easier. x3

A request pic for my brother.  His fox fursona has been drawn and shown here before, but this one I think is the best out of the lot. x3

A bit of a romantic picture with, yes, dragons.  But familiar-looking dragons. ^^

Aisha with her Dragonblade.  I'm still really friggin' proud of this one.

And now finally, I have a proposition.  I'm opening up requests again, but this time, it's just for the spirit of Halloween.  Characters in costumes. :3

General info is here.  But it's pretty straightforward.  Gimme a costume, gimme a character, and I'll try to put 'em together.

I only have 3 slots left, so yeah, if you want one, come and get it. ^^  My first two customers and the status of their pictures are right on the front page.

The first costume's done.  It's a character of Lysander's: Machaerus as Kilik, of Soul Calibur fame.

So yeah.  That's what I have for right now.  Enjoy!

Almost forgot to mention; try not to make the costumes too awful extensive.  I tried my best with the Kilik costume, but you'll see it's not the best in accuracy.  Also, be relatively clean.  :B
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.