WALL*E, best movie I ever recall seeing.

Started by LigerJet, July 15, 2008, 02:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabid_fox

I'm sorry. Wall-E is "Short Circuit" for the slow-of-thinking. It really is.

Oh dear.

VSMIT

Yeah, even the robots are the same.  And the autopilot is just a rehash of HAL.  Down to the "the mission is everything" mindset.

rabid_fox

Except for one subtle difference - Johnny 5 was a total jerk, yet you loved him. Wall-E is a sniffling little pansy and you just can't love that.

Oh dear.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: rabid_fox on July 17, 2008, 11:01:42 AM

Except for one subtle difference - Johnny 5 was a total jerk, yet you loved him. Wall-E is a sniffling little pansy and you just can't love that.

Jerk of the world!
Turkey!
Idiot!
Pain-in-the-ass!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zina

There were lots of words I'd use to describe Wall-E.
"Pansy" isn't one of them.

bill

Quote from: Zina on July 17, 2008, 01:11:24 PM

There were lots of words I'd use to describe Wall-E.
"Pansy" isn't one of them.
ban him   :eager

Zina

I'll teach him a thing or two about having different opinions than me!

thegayhare

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 15, 2008, 03:05:54 PM
I liked the movie too...and I doubt it's that preachy.  I've said that it would be a pretty sad future for people to put themselves in, but it's pretty darn doubtful that the ENTIRE human race would become sedentary blobs.  I bet they did that for comedic irony.

I haven't seen the movie but I have read alot of interviews with the team behind WALL-E and a lot of people are misinterpreting the look of the humans in the movie.  The fact that humans are so big and fat in the movie is not  a commentary obesity, rather the animators talked to scientists about the long term effects life in zero g.  If humans spent there whole life time in a weightless environment there bones would become weak, the muscles would atrophy and in the end we'd look like amorphous blobs of flesh.  The animators actually started with the humans looking just like that,  but they felt it was too confusing so they pulled the effect back bit and instead of free floating spheres of flesh they are the large baby like forms in the movie.

LigerJet

WALL*E was every shy, awkward male who had trouble approaching a girl.  There's a lot out there, you know.  He also showed a lot of bravery in the movie.  He was shy, not sniffling.

bill

hey brosephs, check out my new avatar  :ipod

Eibborn

I don't think it was as amazing as most of you do, but it was really enjoyable. I went in with really high expectations, though. I am a gigantic sucker for old broken robots, so it started out classified as 'good.'

I felt that they were trying too hard to make Wall-E lovable. It's not enough that he's a cute little robot with emotions who falls in love, he's gotta be Snow White as well? :/ He was a little too calculated to be cute for my taste.

I enjoyed it, but it's not a favourite.
/kicks the internet over

Brunhidden

Quote from: thegayhare on July 17, 2008, 04:49:50 PM
The fact that humans are so big and fat in the movie is not  a commentary obesity, rather the animators talked to scientists about the long term effects life in zero g.  If humans spent there whole life time in a weightless environment there bones would become weak, the muscles would atrophy and in the end we'd look like amorphous blobs of flesh. 

pay attention, the 'real' person even refers to it directly as 'bone shrinkage' and shows a little diagram too. however spending your entire life sitting in a chair cant help either, gotta have some kind of butt callus thats bulletproof
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

real person?  was that a referance to something in the movie or an interview I haven't read?

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: thegayhare on July 18, 2008, 09:07:57 PM
real person?  was that a referance to something in the movie or an interview I haven't read?
the President guy, in one of his messages

Brunhidden

i forget where ive seen him before, but its a real actor thats been around for a while. smiles alot, and runs the evil supercorporation that i can only compare to if macdonalds and walmart fused together
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Zina