Losing a kitty :C

Started by Alondro, June 23, 2008, 06:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Our first cat is not going to live much longer, I'm sad to say.  Her name is Amie, and I've had her from a kitten from my aunt's place.  She's 14 years old now, so at least she lived a fairly long time in good health.  We noticed a lump a few months ago, which had since grown large enough for me to get a biopsy done. 

She has a metastized adenocarcinoma into the skin, abdomen, and lungs.  The skin lump is a metastatic tumor from a larger internal tumor.  There simply is no effective treatment for such an extensive cancer at such an advanced age even if we could afford it.

As always when one of us or one of the animals is ill, our very affectionate and unusually intelligent black cat, Lucky, senses something is wrong and stays quite close to her.  Out of the other 4 cats, he'll likely miss her the most, as he is friendly with all the other cats and the dog.

I'll be saying goodbye to her tomorrow when I get home from work in case she becomes too ill during the convention.

Meh, not the best way to start off a trip.   :<

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Eibborn

Aw, man, I'm sorry to hear it.
/kicks the internet over

Angel

Aw... poor kitty. My condolences - I know what it's like to lose a pet.  :<
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

JackLee1978

My Phoenix, who I've had for over 10 years, past away this past Saturday.  You may or not want to do any of the things I did for Phoenix after she passed away.

1.Find a nice spot to bury her. (I choose a spot in front of a fruit tree)
2.Place two coins on its eyes (I used quarters) for the ferryman.
3.Wrap it in a small blanket. It will hold the coins in place and it will preserve it for a little while.
4.I listened to Ava Maria from Cowboy Bebop while I covered her with dirt.
5.Afterwards, I stood in front of her grave played Blue, also from Cowboy Bebop, and remembered all that we shared together.

I don't know if this will help anybody or not, but this is tearing me up so I'm not going to write anymore.

Suwako

My condolences, my cat is nearing his end as well and I know I will be quite heart broken if this cat where to die.
* Aiyno doesn't tell that the thought of losing this cat drives him close to tears because he has a reputation to hold. 

Damaris

I'm sorry, guys.  Losing a pet, especially one that is special to you, is awful.

We lost Darkmoon's cat almost two years ago- I was useless for days at work.  Really, I still miss her.

*hugs to all*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber