You are invited to Celebrate with us!

Started by yakanaj, June 16, 2008, 03:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakanaj

I honestly don't know if I put this in the right thread, but it seemed to fit better here than anywhere else.  As you may or may not know (or chose to block it out of your mind because it was just too horrifying...) James StarRunner and I  -Yakanaj-  are getting married on August 12, 2008 and we wanted to invite all our friends - that means you!

So, here are some pictures of what our (more accurately my) ring looks like and What the invitation is like.

Please feel free to print out the invitation and put it on your fridge to be forgotten until a month after the wedding. We just wanted you to know that you are invited.

Zina

Pretty sure this belongs in the Villa.
And congrats, you two. Best of luck! :>

yakanaj

Thank-you.

Like I said, I wasn't sure where it should go.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo.

nice ring. I like how the stone is sunk, so it won't catch on anything.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

they're a bugger to clean though, and while its unlikely for the stone to fall out if it DOES theres not an easy way to get it back in securely

congrats as well, seems like a lot of people i know are getting married soon. daughters a flower girl in two weddings this summer, giving each of them an engraved wine bottle as a keepsake present
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

(Posted in spite of the forum software)

Well, it's a bit too far for me to get there, but I wish you both the best.
Are you planning to post any video of the event?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... James, you have two sets of parents?

James StarRunner

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 16, 2008, 08:21:57 AM
Well, my parents have separated and both remarried. I'm still close enough to my step parents though to put them on the invite so they don't feel left out.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, right.

Cool to hear that things are still that civil; a lot of the time, the split is unpleasantly aggressive...

CameronCN

Good thing that that last question made me look at the invitation, or I would never have noticed where you're getting married!  :eager What a wonderful surprise! That just makes it so much more special, super congrats to you two! Whee! :mowhappy

(In case you hadn't figured it out, what I'm saying is, I'm a Mormon too! It was such pleasant surprise to see that! Cardston is actually sort of close to me, too...not that close, though...)

yakanaj

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 16, 2008, 01:10:25 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 16, 2008, 08:21:57 AM
Well, my parents have separated and both remarried. I'm still close enough to my step parents though to put them on the invite so they don't feel left out.

Yup, and both sets are crazy.

Quote from: Cameron on June 16, 2008, 03:49:13 PM
Good thing that that last question made me look at the invitation, or I would never have noticed where you're getting married!  :eager What a wonderful surprise! That just makes it so much more special, super congrats to you two! Whee! :mowhappy

(In case you hadn't figured it out, what I'm saying is, I'm a Mormon too! It was such pleasant surprise to see that! Cardston is actually sort of close to me, too...not that close, though...)

Well, If you're able to, you should come. I would love to meet some of my forum friends. Yay for the LDS! we're everywhere!

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 16, 2008, 05:01:10 AM
Ooo.

nice ring. I like how the stone is sunk, so it won't catch on anything.

That's what I thought when I got it. Yes! It won't catch stuff! Crap! Must not bang on door jams!

Sunblink

Also too far for me to attend, but I really do wish you two the best of luck. :3 That's a very awesome wedding ring you've got there; as Llearch mentioned, the sunken stone is a great design.

(for amusement purposes) Eat lots of cake during the wedding.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

James StarRunner

But the cake is a lie! That's why we're having peanut butter cookies instead. :3

Ok, maybe some cake too...

It's ok if you can't come. I realize that there aren't many who are close by, but we want people to feel welcome. Who knows? Maybe someone CAN make it.

yakanaj

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 17, 2008, 04:08:22 PM
But the cake is a lie! That's why we're having peanut butter cookies instead. :3

Ok, maybe some cake too...

It's ok if you can't come. I realize that there aren't many who are close by, but we want people to feel welcome. Who knows? Maybe someone CAN make it.

Yes, we wanted to make you all feel welcome. Also, we do take cheque and money orders.  :erk

(hehehehehe...)

Zedd

Congrats you two...I love the photos and the invite :3

Gareeku

Don

Felicitations, I send my sincerest congratulations on your wedding and wish you both a bright and joyfull future.  :mowhappy

Gabi

Congratulations! And a non-random hug to go with the random one. :)

By the way, the drawing looks great. Who made it?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

yakanaj

Quote from: Gabi on June 21, 2008, 02:09:55 PM
Congratulations! And a non-random hug to go with the random one. :)

By the way, the drawing looks great. Who made it?

My roommate Raelyn. She has an art site. It's here:  http://nokuthula.deviantart.com/  She's very good.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Soon there was the pitter patter of thousands of little squirrel feet~

Congrats again, you two. I hope the fires of passion burn in those eyes for decades to come.