The move

Started by Azlan, July 08, 2006, 11:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

Quote from: Supercheese on July 08, 2006, 06:25:16 PM
Quote from: Ronin Foxtail on July 08, 2006, 06:23:29 PMI think anyone who can use it prefers Skype. But I don't know, I don't use it (to be more accurate, I can't use it.)

Aren't there limitations to Skype? I've installed it but never used it myself...

I happen to prefer Skype myself. It feels a bit more personal, and the quality of the audio is much higher, but you can only conference a few people at a time. It's nothing like the random, ten-way insanity you can get on a TeamSpeak server.

Er... I haven't actually been on your TeamSpeak server for some weeks now, but I can't see the harm in posting the connection info for any new folks here who'd like to try it out.  ;)
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Supercheese

Quote from: Tezkat on July 08, 2006, 08:44:39 PMI happen to prefer Skype myself. It feels a bit more personal, and the quality of the audio is much higher, but you can only conference a few people at a time. It's nothing like the random, ten-way insanity you can get on a TeamSpeak server.

Er... I haven't actually been on your TeamSpeak server for some weeks now, but I can't see the harm in posting the connection info for any new folks here who'd like to try it out.  ;)

Well, the audio quality is low because the codec is set low to minimize lag. I could increase it, see what happens...

As to your second point... ten-way insanity is fun!  =P  Although perhaps I should use Skype more...

Eh, I think I will post the address anyway.

ShadesFox

You can 10 way on skype!  I've not used it yet but you can.  We need to skype more.
The All Purpose Fox

Silverfoxr

jsut signed up this layout is a bit odd to get used to ><

roninfoxtail

Quote from: Silverfoxr on July 08, 2006, 09:29:34 PM
jsut signed up this layout is a bit odd to get used to ><

Which one, the dark default one? There is a brighter one for DMFA.

Silverfoxr

oh i found the brighter one the dark default one makes my eyes go eek!

roninfoxtail

Yeah, the default one is irritating when you're used to the bright ones at the Nice.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Silverfoxr on July 08, 2006, 09:31:35 PM
oh i found the brighter one the dark default one makes my eyes go eek!

Eyes going eek?  Sounds painful <_<
The All Purpose Fox

Silverfoxr

heh thats cause the sudden changes make my eyes go out of focus for a sec :)

Zina

oh hey, new forum.
Lovely. X3

Malakin

Yay, my internetz finaly alowed me to join up with the new forum :D

ohh new  :) 's   :eek thats alot!  well back to lurking ...  :bored :sleep

Damaris

What exactly is ninja-ing?

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Malakin

i think its posting just before someone else or somthing ?

Kasarn

Quote from: Damaris on July 08, 2006, 11:07:20 PM
What exactly is ninja-ing?
Somebody posts a new post before you finish yours.

DAMMIT, Malakin ninja'd me... see how that works?

Damaris

ahh, I see.  I will discuss it with the powers that be.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Malakin

Quote from: Kasarn on July 08, 2006, 11:10:28 PM

Somebody posts a new post before you finish yours.

DAMMIT, Malakin ninja'd me... see how that works?

Mwahahaha, all your answers are belong to me :P

ElectroMotive

wait we can ninja again?

Darkmoon

Paladin Sheppard

Aww thats no fun  :(

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Malakin on July 08, 2006, 10:38:47 PMohh new  :) 's   :eek thats alot!  well back to lurking ...  :bored :sleep
Yay! I like these smileys!  :D  But all the other ones are just overkill.

-EDIT-
Aww, you don't have the :shock: and :? smileys. :(

Tezkat

Quote from: Supercheese on July 08, 2006, 08:53:40 PM
As to your second point... ten-way insanity is fun!  =P  Although perhaps I should use Skype more...

I never said it wasn't. ;) They just have a very different feel. Skype is like a telephone call. TeamSpeak, well... I tend to be kinda shy and quiet in large crowds. :|

Quote from: shadesfox on July 08, 2006, 09:04:44 PM
You can 10 way on skype!  I've not used it yet but you can.  We need to skype more.

Really? That must be a new feature. Last time I tried, there was a 5 person limit. Then again, I don't Skype all that often, either. :rolleyes

Who else is on Skype? (My name on there is the same as everywhere else...)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

e_voyager

hello all. well I've made it here as well and i love the spell check option
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Suwako

Quote from: e_voyager on July 09, 2006, 05:53:12 AM

Ow yes, I saw it aswel. But being half drunk at the time it slipped my mind. I love it aswel. I usualy run my texts through Word for spell checks. Now I don't have to anymore :)

E_Voyager you deserve a positive Karma point  ;)

RJ

I feel right at home already thank goodness- this forum is a lot like the one I visit for my Naruto manga news. Hehe...

Ooooh... karma...

ElectroMotive

Quote from: RJ on July 09, 2006, 09:40:36 AM
I feel right at home already thank goodness- this forum is a lot like the one I visit for my Naruto manga news. Hehe...

Ooooh... karma...

I feel the same way. all the model train forums I go to are exactly like this... except without the karma.

Lysander

The closest thing I ever visit to a different forum would be the GameFaqs message boards. This stuff is all new fangled to me. :januscat

QuoteRock voncert movement #2 - The one armed fist pump. Ready, go.
TytajLucheek

blade

xHaZxMaTx

Ha! I don't need no stinkin' spell check! :razz

Eibborn

Hey, groovy. No offence, bud, but it was REALLY hard to make out what you were saying some o' the time.
/kicks the internet over

thetire

hoo nedz spal chek? I no I dnt ned it.

QuoteRock concert movement #287
-the one-foot-behind-the-head maneuver