Started by Azlan, August 13, 2007, 12:20:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 09, 2007, 05:50:03 PM
"Help" from Tape, Lee, Corna
Lesson learned. Never, ever, ever, ever ask for help from the Players or the DM. In any situation. Whatsoever. No matter the circumstance.
They don't take you seriously.

Oh I do take you guys seriously.  But I can't give you too much help.  After all, you guys are the players and you're supposed to be figuring out how to work with a given situation.  The best such example is Ram's entrance.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Rammenstein

I purposely wanted to make it vague. You know, to give the other characters a little bit of a jolt. And it seems to have worked, so far.

And you are correct, Tapewolf. He has the codes from HQ.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rammenstein on October 10, 2007, 12:09:41 PM
I purposely wanted to make it vague. You know, to give the other characters a little bit of a jolt. And it seems to have worked, so far.
Heh.  I was very tempted to make Dorcan instruct Morgan to take you out before you can do any damage - I'm still trying to think of an in-game excuse as to why he hasn't  >:3

On the one hand, Dorcan isn't a particularly violent type.  On the other, he's caught in a war, he's jumpy, over-emotional and he's been forced into a position of leadership which he doesn't think he can really handle (but is trying not to show it).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rammenstein

NOES! I dun wanna be shot at! :crying

I've noticed. You're doing a really good job of portraying Dorcan's insecurities in the matter. You gets claps. *Claps*

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Rammenstein on October 10, 2007, 12:09:41 PM

And you are correct, Tapewolf. He has the codes from HQ.

More accurately, Eraser actually has the same microcomms we're using :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2007, 01:01:11 PM
It's encrypted, so you'd need compatible hardware, the frequency we're using and the decryption key...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2007, 01:32:18 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 10, 2007, 01:01:11 PM
It's encrypted, so you'd need compatible hardware, the frequency we're using and the decryption key...

Well then, he has that too :giggle

He is on our side , after all.
But the chars don't know that... D:

Rammenstein

Oh, I do love throwing wrenches into running machinery. ^.^

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 10, 2007, 12:23:31 PM
Heh.  I was very tempted to make Dorcan instruct Morgan to take you out before you can do any damage - I'm still trying to think of an in-game excuse as to why he hasn't  >:3

... because Morgan is on the other side, and can't see him?

Arcalane

Shame the Rebellion lacks orbital weaponry.

"You brought thousands? Well, I brought an Ion Cannon. I mean sure it might flatten most of the town but... acceptable levels of collateral damage, right?"

Or gunships. Could settle for some VTOL gunships. :B

Rammenstein

Ion Cannon, huh? Well...I have an Orbital MAC! Ha! Beat that! :P

Arcalane

...you have nooooo idea what an Ion Cannon is, do you?

I refer specifically to the orbital variety employed by GDI - ie, that which acts in a similar function to your overgrown slugthrower. :P

Except without the need for ammunition.

techmaster-glitch

No, I do belive Ramen knows what you're talking about. It's just that he reeeealy likes those Orbital MACs from Halo. He thinks they're teh shit :P

Arcalane

Well yeah there's not much arguing with a superaccelerated slug from orbit, but the fact remains you require ammunition for this, as well as recharging time for the magnetic accelerator. But then the Ion Cannon also needs to recharge.

Whilst on the one hand there's the no warning factor on the MAC, there's plenty of "we're ****ed" factor on the IC. It depends which you prefer. :B

Rammenstein

Yes, exactly. I know what an Ion Cannon is, and I know that it is very, very powerful. I just prefer really, really big cannons that fire massive slugs of hard metal at extreme velocities.

Or, I could always pull out Species 8472 on ya. :P

techmaster-glitch

Oh, not those f@&%ing munchkins, I hate them :tantrum

Rammenstein

You only hate them because they pwn your precious Zerg. ^.^

Ryudo Lee

Okay okay, let's get back on topic please.

I'll consider orbital weapons... later.

Arcalane

In the same way one considers buying an expensive birthday present for a young child who may or may not have been behaving well?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on October 10, 2007, 03:11:46 PM
In the same way one considers buying an expensive birthday present for a young child who may or may not have been behaving well?

You don't know which side he's considering them for  :B

Arcalane

I had already considered that aspect. Of course, just because the Brotherhood has them doesn't mean we can't "borrow" them. :B

Ryudo Lee

I never said who has them.  Don't go assuming things like that.

Azlan

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 10, 2007, 04:29:03 PM
I never said who has them.  Don't go assuming things like that.

It isn't much of an assumption, if the Rebellion had orbital weapons, it would not be a "Rebellion" it would be the dominating power.  Brotherhood towers mean nothing if they are leveled by particle cannons from above.  If the Brotherhood has them, it does not avail them much in a conflict against the Rebellion, because of the covert operations and concealed headquarters.  However, since the Brotherhood is not in overt control of the World, it is difficult to pin down a reason for why not if they have them.

As for the Ram situation, if I had been able to get on a computer earlier, this would be a very different situation...

A small chuckle sounded over the intercom after Morgan's statement, quickly followed by a voice new to the group. It was quiet, with a somewhat breathy quality picked up from years of speaking in a soft voice.

"Only a few hundred? Peh, that's path..."

*thunk*

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Rammenstein

But that would have been mean, and would have made me cry.

Ryudo Lee

I usually give bonus exp's for such things.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ryudo Lee

Az most likely.  One of my groups most memorable moments was me saying "The first one to shut Tony up gets 1000 exp!"  He shut up real quick, and everyone got in real close to him, and two guys had duct tape.

techmaster-glitch

Arcalane

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on October 11, 2007, 02:15:32 PM
But, Ram hasn't done anything wrong...

Technically no, but since the group had no warning of his presence in the area, and as he didn't care to introduce himself before now, naturally, folk are going to be more than a little edgy at sudden extra comms activity.

The fact isn't that Ram did something bad, but that Az could have done something a lot different that could have derailed quite a few Plot Trains. :B