Ask the All Purpose Fox - Enterprise!

Started by Kenji, January 18, 2008, 09:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger_T

Quote from: Darkdragon on February 01, 2009, 03:38:32 PM
Have the great APF's never heard of the Mpemba effect?
Must've slipped my mind for a sec. >:3 :P
It's a rather interesting phenomenon really, isn't it?

Quote from: Slowtini on February 01, 2009, 03:50:26 PM
How do you pronounce Mpemba?
I'm curious now.
You hum or sing the /M/, then, without merging the /M/ with the /p/ you say pemba.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Darkdragon

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

xHaZxMaTx

Darkdragon

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Mao

ShadesFox

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on February 04, 2009, 01:09:42 AM
Why is Azlan stabbing Shades? :o

Maybe he thinks I need more iron in my diet?
*twists and turns with the knife in him*

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 04, 2009, 01:53:28 PM
Ehhh.  What's up doc?

*Pulls the knife out and stabs Mao*

The iron in your diet :D

The All Purpose Fox

Slowtini

Shades, where did you get those bangin` shades?

Lushin

Quote from: Slowtini on February 04, 2009, 08:23:06 PM
Shades, where did you get those bangin` shades?
That privileged information. Only a few people know and they've been told not to tell on pain of death
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Mao

Tiger_T

I need no stinkin' lip gloss. >:3

...That's why I don't have one.

So... No.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Darkdragon

You see a corrupt politician drowning in a lake. Do you:

a) Point and laugh
b) Have lunch
c) Film the scene
d) Throw rocks
?

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

Mao

What about taking your foot off their head.. is that an option?

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

Mao

Is there a quota on how much drama must be generated by any given group per day?

Tiger_T

Yeah, but the formula to calculate the exact amount is too complicated to explain here.

Also there is no standardized unit of measurment in use.

The converting calculations again would fill many a page to give you an answer you could relate to.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Angel

What exactly is it that makes us baby-talk to cute things?

Has anyone actually analyzed what it would take scientifically to make a working Pokéball? Just curious.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Gabi

Many people associate cute things with babies. I don't even baby-talk to babies, so I can say it's not a physical reaction.

It would require the existance of pokemon at the very least. Plus conversion of matter into energy and (even harder) back into matter without killing nor damaging the pokemon in any way, plus a way to store the energy in the meantime while making it compact and safe to hold. In sum, I don't think we'll ever get to see one of those things in real life.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Is there another side to death?

Is chocolate best way to cure sadness?

Is Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest the only game to come out with more than one or two sequels?

What really makes a person to be a gaming nerd?

Why does it take alot skill and years to earn something that's very close into our grasps?

Gabi

Quote from: Zedd on February 16, 2009, 10:25:29 AM
Is there another side to death?

Is chocolate best way to cure sadness?

Is Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest the only game to come out with more than one or two sequels?

What really makes a person to be a gaming nerd?

Why does it take alot skill and years to earn something that's very close into our grasps?
Yes. Life.

Which Final Fantasy are you talking about? Because most of them are completely different games rather than sequels, and I haven't heard of any FF games having more than one sequel. Now Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros., on the other hand... :rolleyes

No, I think time and support are best. But chocolate is tasty. Just don't eat too much because it can make you sick.

You'd have to be a nerd (study a lot, read a lot, enjoy learning and value knowledge in general) and play games (not to be mixed up with a gaming geek, who's practically obsessed about games, spends most if not all of his/her free time playing them and talking about them and knows the subtlest details about them by heart).

Could you please rephrase that question? My internal parser is very sensitive to grammar mistakes.

Mao

Is it a bad idea to point out to a friend when they're being a hypocrite about something when they're complaining about the hypocrisy that  they've encountered?

Gabi

No, I think it's a good idea. Just be careful with the wording an intonantion.

Angel

Anyone know any good websites for studying Spanish? I want to review for a quiz tomorrow, and while the book is helpful, I'd like to find a site like I used to use when I studied French - where you can play little games and answer questions to help the lessons get ingrained in your head.

What's the word for the kind of class that doesn't really count towards your overall grade? Y'know, like chorus or P.E.?
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Mao

Is it retarded to be at work even though the city has shut down all transit and even the plowing services have been told to get off the road during a major blizzard?

Darkdragon

Is it hypocritical to say that "I'm sceptical of scepticism"?

Gabi

Quote from: Black_angel on February 22, 2009, 08:08:48 PM
Anyone know any good websites for studying Spanish? I want to review for a quiz tomorrow, and while the book is helpful, I'd like to find a site like I used to use when I studied French - where you can play little games and answer questions to help the lessons get ingrained in your head.

What's the word for the kind of class that doesn't really count towards your overall grade? Y'know, like chorus or P.E.?
I guess it's too late to help you with the quiz (I hope you did well), but you can talk to me whenever you want to practice your Spanish. I think talking to a native speaker is the best way to learn a language.

In Spanish? Extracurricular.

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 23, 2009, 10:57:58 AM
Is it retarded to be at work even though the city has shut down all transit and even the plowing services have been told to get off the road during a major blizzard?
I'd say it's definitely not recommended.

Quote from: Darkdragon on February 23, 2009, 03:34:18 PM
Is it hypocritical to say that "I'm sceptical of scepticism"?
It's a contradiction, but I wouldn't say it's hypocritical because you're not trying to pretend that you mean it.

Angel

Whenever I have Yahoo Mail and this site open at the same time, my mail goes so slow I have to close it. Also, I need to do Ctrl-Alt-Delete because it won't close normally. What should I do to fix this?
BANDWAGON JUMP!