05/21/08 [DMFA #906] - ancient methods

Started by Paul, May 21, 2008, 08:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I see Hannah also has an ancient method of dealing with her new scars: cover them up! She looks quite snazzy again, actually.

Don

Hooray for ancient methods. I'd definatly consider using those if I ever need to stash something out of sight.

Zedd

Madmann135

well... you know what they say.. if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I see our resident undead is looking normal once again.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Raffe

Once she gets a chance, she should get a cloak/cape that covers her shoulders and neck.
Superhannah would look absolutely fab :bunny :boogie :bunny
Hooray ellipsis!

Naldru

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 21, 2008, 10:14:50 PM
Once she gets a chance, she should get a cloak/cape that covers her shoulders and neck.
Superhannah would look absolutely fab :bunny :boogie :bunny
How about the boa from the wallpaper wars.  Effective and fuzzy.

Edit:

I just took another look.  She has a scarf around her neck and what I assume is a dress strap covering the scars.  Amber beat you to it.  Amber is great.  All praise Amber.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aleolus

Aww, now how are they gonna find out that she's actually friendly and this has all been one big misunderstanding?  They're gonna party up, I already know it's gonna happen!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Aleolus on May 21, 2008, 11:09:08 PM
Aww, now how are they gonna find out that she's actually friendly and this has all been one big misunderstanding?  They're gonna party up, I already know it's gonna happen!

I don't think they want to find it out. She's too troublesome. Also, she'll probably break out from the closed as soon as she comes to - Aliyka's got the powers! :B

Raffe

Dan still got a sword on him? Doubt it, but never saw it get taken, and the bird didn't want to undress a fella.  And hes still in a dress.....
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 22, 2008, 12:49:43 AM
Dan still got a sword on him?
Shanna borrowed his sword when they tried to attack their abductors. Graz subdued them. The sword was then taken away then, apparently.

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 22, 2008, 12:49:43 AM
And hes still in a dress.....

Dan is in a dress... that is hidden under another dress! Just how awesome is that?! :B It takes a real man to wear two dresses at once!

Jim Halisstrad

Ok, I think Ren owes me after I almost choked to death from laughter.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aleolus on May 21, 2008, 11:09:08 PM

Dan knows, Hannah knows, having heard the entire fight and probably by deduction as well (not a guard, but attacking Dan whom she knew was a fellow prisoner).  The only person who doesn't know is Aliyka herself.

But did Hannah get her tail back?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Grenn

Yes.... was wondering why he had the dress on still.....  :3

Greyman

Quote from: Paul on May 21, 2008, 08:11:33 PMI see Hannah also has an ancient method of dealing with her new scars: cover them up! She looks quite snazzy again, actually.
Her experience is showing.

For a moment I thought she'd regenerated, before I realised she just covered up the uncute bits.  On checking the Demonology 101, it does not look like the undead can regenerate fully. 

Still such clever and suptle placement should tide Hannah over till she can find a good mortician.

Victoire Épique

The amazons are a mysterious people, with many strange and subtle practices. We can only hope to begin to comprehend the motives and techniques of the amazon.

...Also, I like the scarf. :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Greyman on May 22, 2008, 06:58:53 AM
For a moment I thought she'd regenerated, before I realised she just covered up the uncute bits.  On checking the Demonology 101, it does not look like the undead can regenerate fully. 

I had no idea she'd be able to stick her head back on, but there you go.  In any case, though they can't heal themselves, they can probably be repaired.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KelseyPotter

If their internal processes, with the exception of the brain, are put on stasis, then wouldn't it be that much harder for them to heal? Although it could be a bonus--I mean, they don't bleed--but wouldn't it be a problem to keep having these gaping wounds that just won't scar? Or is there more to the magic than I think there is?

rt

I'm just popping by to alos show my approval for such ancient time tested methods  :)

thegayhare

Quote from: KelseyPotter on May 22, 2008, 08:49:30 AM
If their internal processes, with the exception of the brain, are put on stasis, then wouldn't it be that much harder for them to heal? Although it could be a bonus--I mean, they don't bleed--but wouldn't it be a problem to keep having these gaping wounds that just won't scar? Or is there more to the magic than I think there is?

Thats why so many turn to taxidermy

It's like with Reg Shoe  (Though I'm guessing it's alittle more advanced on furrea)  the stich the wounds closed.  When Hanna gets some time She'll probably stitch up her new seams.   or if a part is to damaged they remove the flesh.  Amber has sponken about dead fashions in that they replace skin with metal I'm sure some other might use cloth or leather to skin there bones

Raffe

Hmmm...replacing part of your neck with metal or chainmail would make it hard to be decapitated.
Although she seems to like remaining fuzzy, so would there be a way to scoop around the bones and fill the core with metal? Seems that a half cut through the neck is better than a full lopping off.
Hooray ellipsis!

thegayhare

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 22, 2008, 12:11:52 PM
Hmmm...replacing part of your neck with metal or chainmail would make it hard to be decapitated.
Although she seems to like remaining fuzzy, so would there be a way to scoop around the bones and fill the core with metal? Seems that a half cut through the neck is better than a full lopping off.

Nah she likes being fuzzy so if she ever gets too damaged she'll just make a bunny fursuit.  I bet they can make some realy nifty faux fur

GabrielsThoughts

it's the ancient method passed from solid snake.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kenji

I like her face in the last panel... >.>

Brunhidden

reminds me of when my brother passed down the aincent family secrets of smashing things when angry
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

MT Hazard

something happens in the last panel that I'm surprised no one has commented about, the person in question in being undead and all.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Naldru

Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2008, 12:24:23 PM
something happens in the last panel that I'm surprised no one has commented about, the person in question in being undead and all.
I assume that you are referring to the fact that she seems out of breath.

Come on.  She's been blasted across the room, torn limb from limb although she managed to pull herself together, and has had a generally miserable day.  Dead or alive, that has got to be tiring, and she seemed to be running out of energy when Dan first her.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jakon

This reminds me of something in an old favorite video game of mine... something like "You use the secret, ancient lockpicking method taught to you by the wise old hobos of Chicago ... which is to say you kick it with your steel-toed boot."

thegayhare

Quote from: Naldru on May 23, 2008, 01:57:36 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on May 23, 2008, 12:24:23 PM
I assume that you are referring to the fact that she seems out of breath.

Come on.  She's been blasted across the room, torn limb from limb although she managed to pull herself together, and has had a generally miserable day.  Dead or alive, that has got to be tiring, and she seemed to be running out of energy when Dan first her.

not to mention she pushing that box with just one leg

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: thegayhare on May 23, 2008, 02:34:14 PM

I believe she had reattached her leg already, since Dan was talking about heading out.

Naldru

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 23, 2008, 02:39:52 PM
Quote from: thegayhare on May 23, 2008, 02:34:14 PM

I believe she had reattached her leg already, since Dan was talking about heading out.
I think they said that both the tail and leg had been taken away, possibly for use by the Death Knights

Warning:  bad pun alert

The missing leg has made Hannah hopping mad.  However, the events of the day have left her dead tired.  And anybody who thinks that having the fluffy parts is going to get them a little tail is going to be severly punished.