Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkdragon

Thank you very much. I really hate it when we've basically agreed on peace but then he sends troops.  :<

I was also going to write the prime factorization of 53783 * 11 * 5 * 5 * 2, but then that doesn't divide evenly to any number under 10000 without the other factor being very large. In the future when I plan on getting attacked I shall attempt to have a number of gold which factorizes to a nice number between 9000 - 10000.  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Meh. We did all right with 2958 + 1...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkdragon

I'd like to have 28 million back. You can use the rest as you see fit.

Tezkat

Heh... nice job with those KoT guys. Were they really as weak as they looked? It almost looked like they were stupid enough to gang up on you without bothering to spy first... >:]

Quote from: Darkdragon on January 26, 2009, 03:26:11 AM
Quote from: Tezkat on January 17, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
So... um... what happened to Kasarn? He dropped out of both Galava and CN without warning... :dface
Do you have an update on this Tezkat? Or should I try my hand at PMing him?

No, I'm afraid I haven't been in touch with him since he quit all the games. He does still seem to be around the forums though... :B

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Darkdragon

It would seem that way. But one guy chickened out and moved most his troops out of harm's way and I steamrolled though the other provinces and one guy was just weak. I'm not bothering to hit the last guy though, the time's about to expire and I have enough resources for the moment. ;)

Most successful raid ever done. 'nuff said.  :mowhappy

Tezkat

Are you even in the black without occupations? You've got even more troops than I do at 2/3 the prog... :dface

Darkdragon

Last I calculated I would turn a profit of 1200 food when the weather's good. If not, I make enough wood / stone to break even.

(It takes me "only" 25.5k food and 338k gold to create troops for six hours)

Valynth

Some one declared war on me again...

...Bad time to mention I have 380k+ soldiers sitting around?   :3

they only have 40k in their defending province...  This will be fun...  And hey, free prog!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkdragon

You'll have to be quick about your free progression, since the war expires in a day and 20 hours.   :mowwink

Valynth

My luck continues.

I just got a free melee weapon that's more powerful than the frozen fury...

Sadly, no amount of luck will bring back disco.....:disco
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I have 2 free melee and 3 free ranged weapons, and 2 free ranged armours.

It's a pity I'm running magic, and don't have _any_ free weapons or armour for that... :-/

Cogidubnus

So, being attacked by three different guys at once. Two of them seem to be the same guild, one of them is maybe random?

Doing alright, I guess. One keeps sending one unit at a time, to make me waste workshop items. They haven't really dented me so far, though, just nibbling on my forces. I suppose I'm posting just in case I'm making a classic blunder and should be panicking more than I am.
(The peoples:XRCatD, Vespillo, Wiccan High Priest.)

Darkdragon

I would say that the one not in the same guild is true that he means "testing" and doesn't actually mean harm. I mean, he has more than enough troops to crush you (probably).

I would also say you would be able to hold off the other two in the long run, so there is no reason to panic... yet. Although if you were paranoid like me you would go build more troops immediately. >:3

Cogidubnus

I don't think I exactly understand what testing is supposed to do. Hypothesis - will Cog's troops defend him? Experiment one seems to confirm that indeed they do.

As for the other two, they haven't attacked in about a day or so now. They've been pretty ineffective thus far too. Even when I had only around 100,000 troops, the guy who steamrolled me had at least 100+ seige towers. I think they've sent a grand total of five.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's more a "poke him and see if he reacts" sort of thing. If he doesn't, you can throw everything at him in one move. If he does, you haven't opened yourself to being kicked under...

Of course, it doesn't take into account people taking the mickey, or playing possum, or the like. But that's another story...

Tezkat

Sending a zillion little one-man excursions is a very popular (and usually effective) strategy for wearing down enemy workshop units. You may want to disable them for that war if they're getting expensive to replace. Any attack strong enough to inflict serious damage will take many hours to land, so you'll probably have enough warning to re-enable them if necessary (though given that his army is several times stronger than yours, moving aside would probably be the better option in that case anyway :dface).

fisherman

Do not send all your troops at once, you don't want to leave home unguarded.  After the war switch to one units type too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Why one unit type, fisherman?

I mean, if you've got, as in my case, four magical units, surely it'd be faster to run all four in parallel? Obviously it requires that all your units use the best kit you've got, but as long as you're running the best kit for all of them, does it make any difference?

Or is Coggeh running with more than one type (as in ranged, melee, magical) rather than more than one type (different units) ?

Cogidubnus

I am using multiple types of units, yeah - ranged, melee and magical. I suppose it dilutes my armory points too much, yes, although I wasn't aware that I could fix that now.

Tezkat

Yeah. Spreading your units across multiple armoury types makes you really weak. Just concentrate on one type. You'd probably have to go all armoury castles to make multiple types viable--even I don't have the points to pull it off.

After your wars expire, you can reset your armoury for a fee on the account settings page (under Reset Account). That also means that you need to reequip all of your troops, which can be expensive. If you need help with the cash for that, give a holler. I think we can still use the new market for twinking other empires...

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a bit tricky. We'd have to do it when we're both (i.e., Cog and whoever else is doing the transaction) online, and there are limits to how we do it. But yes.

It would be important to not put anything on the market that you can't afford to lose. Which means we'd have to get Cog to put up a sale, and then buy it. Hence the co-ordination.

Cogidubnus

I'm actually swimming in cash, so no problems there. I'll fix it when I get home then, I suppose.

Tezkat

Er... I'm not sure you can reset your armoury with wars active.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 10, 2009, 11:56:34 AM
It's a bit tricky. We'd have to do it when we're both (i.e., Cog and whoever else is doing the transaction) online, and there are limits to how we do it. But yes.

It would be important to not put anything on the market that you can't afford to lose. Which means we'd have to get Cog to put up a sale, and then buy it. Hence the co-ordination.

Um... why is that? Surely nobody else would buy the resources at foreign aid prices. >:]

I don't see that much of a mechanical change in the new market beyond the display system and the fact that you can no longer cancel offers. Or maybe I'm missing something... :animesweat

Valynth

Event update:  I now have an even more powerful melee armor for my troops!  My luck is awesome!

And since my troop count is about to hit 600k, I think I'm going to be the guild aggressor at my prog range. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on March 10, 2009, 01:57:35 PM
I don't see that much of a mechanical change in the new market beyond the display system and the fact that you can no longer cancel offers. Or maybe I'm missing something... :animesweat

The other important change is that once you put something on the market, it's gone. You NEVER get it back. This makes it difficult to put up, say, a million food at $slightly_inflated_value and sell maybe half, then sell the rest later after the time expires.

It also means that once you put stuff up, if the market moves, you're screwed.

Sorry for the delay, I forgot I hadn't responded...

Darkdragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 14, 2009, 06:01:19 AM
It also means that once you put stuff up, if the market moves, you're screwed.
Not quite. It allows you to edit your ppu even after you put it up.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It didn't originally. And if the market moves enough that you're not wanting to sell, you're still forced to sell.

This makes it much harder to do things like, keep track of what the limit on the market is, and how it changes as you increase progression, though, which is the main reason it irritates me.

Cogidubnus

Right, didn't know that the market changed, and I've not got some odd 100,000 food and stone and wood sitting there that I can't get at anymore, courtesy of being stomped on by a million-plus strong army from that same fellow from before.

So, I hads me an idea, I did.

If it's possible, could someone buy it from me at an exorbitant price, and then allow me to buy it back at an exorbitant price? It seems like the only way to actually get it back, at this point, and I need food more than anything else to get my troop numbers back after being zeroed out.

Darkdragon

I'll see if I can rustle up 50 million. I spent my money on progression earlier this morning. >.<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cog: I'll do it. I've got a hundred million doing nothing.