Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

... in fact, I've got a better idea. Rather than spending all that money (since you seem to have 50 mil food, 50 mil and 26 mil stone, and 48.5 mil wood) let it all just go, and I'll sell you the appropriate values of wood etc later.

Unless you needed some money?

Whilst I can buy _some_ of that, I've got 2.2 million of each, and 7 mil or so of food lying about, so it's not like I need the goods...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

You mean just sell the resources, and you'll sell me resources later? Alrighty. And I didn't particularly need money, although I've been cleaned out there too, yeah.

I could certainly buy some food off you later. I'll do that, then.

Tezkat

Yeah, I can donate some monies if you need it, but I don't have the funds to buy all that at 500 PPU.

Let us know how much cash you need for rebuildings and stuff. You can sell the rest on the open market.

At this stage, it's probably not safe to invest in growth again until you have enough troops to defend it, unfortunately.  :<
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Cogidubnus

Well, I'd lower the price from 500 ppu, yeah. But, I'll just sell it off, and buy more from you guys when I need to, I suppose.

Darkdragon

Does anyone know at about what time of the day the prices of food is below the average sale ppu? I ask because I want to buy food and save money; the hardships of a non-food nation are staggering. (Not to mention my ridiculously large army needs to be fed. I hold more than half the troops our guild have. >:3)

On that note, is there anyone I can recruit to help me spy on people I can attack? I need to go faster than 3 hours per person with 65% success rate... Thanks in advance.

llearch n'n'daCorna

well, I have a pile of food. If you want some, let me know...

7.6 million, I think.

Darkdragon

That's very kind of you, good sir. What of arrangements for reimbursement?

llearch n'n'daCorna

reimbursement? What have you got that I'd want? ;-]

As it stands, I'm short of time to do the building, not resources. Money is flush, food is flush, stone and wood are ok... the major limits are merely making sure to log in three or four times a day, and when I'm working, that just doesn't happen :-/

Darkdragon

Good question. I've got almost 80 times more troops than you do, and I've actually got magic weapons and armour from events. Except I can't give you any of those because there exists no way to. >.> I'll PM you in Galava to work this out.

Time to do building...? It must be a sign that we run our empires completely differently that I don't know where you'll need to log in three or our times a day to build (I do log in about 5 times a day - about every three hours to read spy and market data) as I only collect once a day - just after I cast my arcanus spells or just before they expire, depending on day. Considering my food profit is negligible without arcanus spells, its sort of important in my case. :animesweat

One more thing -
Say this guy who has lower progression than I has only one-third the troops I have. Do you think I have enough troops to steamroll over them? I'm paranoid, yet I'm itching to kill something >.>

Valynth

Great, yet another powerful event weapon that I can use. 85-90 attack.

I should just stop buying armory stuff...

Edit:  Being peaceful is a bit borring, are we/our allies at odds with anyone?

I keep getting all the great crap, but end up just sitting on my ass...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkdragon

I've got no clue. I'm sitting on over half the guild's troops and I'm too paranoid to kill anything that has even a quarter of my troops. >.<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, so Valynth is getting all of my good stuff.

I have all magic units and equipment, so, of course, I have

Melee Weapons: Gae Bulg (6-7:2), Tyrfing (9-11:0), Enchanted Blade (14:1)
Melee Armour: Piranha Rat Tunic (0:8), Babr-e Bayan (0:10-11)
Ranged Weapons: Saginaw Bow (7-9:0), Laevateinn Harpoon (10-11:1-2), Ninja Star (14-16:0)
Ranged Armour: Helmet of Deflection (0:3), Shield of the Argo (0:4-6), Norman Leather (0:15)
Magic Weapons: All-Knowing Eye of Yasmin Sira (128:0)
Magic Armour:

>.<

Darkdragon

Well, I have good news. According to the latest update:
QuoteThe random armory event generator has been improved. In order to increase the likely hood a good event takes place, two items are drawn instead of one. The game will then compare the items and award the item with the best stats to the player receiving the event.
I would dare guess your chance of finding good weapons / armour will increase in the future.

Oh, and soldier cost has been reduced to 2 food. This means I save loads of food!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, I saw that.

I'm not holding my breath, you understand. ;-]

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2009, 03:27:17 AM
Ah, so Valynth is getting all of my good stuff.

I have all magic units and equipment, so, of course, I have

Magic Armour:

>.<

Hey, none of my weapons break triple digits...  my latest one is closest with a 85-90

the rest are below that....

Though I do have an armor with 70-75 defense. so eh, I guess I still come out ahead...
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

uh...

I have about 3-4 each of the magic items left to get. The only reason I don't already have them is I concentrated on tapping out the university when building castles.

So either it has to give me things I already have better items than, which is not on the cards, or it has to give me ranged or melee. So far it's gone for the latter. I suspect something in the code...

Joe3210

Does the random items get better with more progression?
"You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!"

lawl

Tezkat

I think it's based on your armory point allocation. I've got magic units. All the melee and ranged I get are crap, but I recently got some nice mage armour.

llearch n'n'daCorna

mmm. I've got, I think, the best magic armour and weapons around - recently picked up the Frozen Soul Of Mistalsia (15/135), to go with the All-Knowing Eye of Yasmin Sira (128/0). And six pointless range and melee weapons, and six pointless ranged and melee armour.

Joe3210

Quote from: Tezkat on April 22, 2009, 10:25:25 PM
I think it's based on your armory point allocation. I've got magic units. All the melee and ranged I get are crap, but I recently got some nice mage armour.

Thanks.

lawl

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 09, 2009, 03:27:17 AM
Melee Weapons: Gae Bulg (6-7:2), Tyrfing (9-11:0), Enchanted Blade (14:1)
Melee Armour: Piranha Rat Tunic (0:8), Babr-e Bayan (0:10-11)
Ranged Weapons: Saginaw Bow (7-9:0), Laevateinn Harpoon (10-11:1-2), Ninja Star (14-16:0)
Ranged Armour: Helmet of Deflection (0:3), Shield of the Argo (0:4-6), Norman Leather (0:15)
Magic Armour:

I do believe this has corrected itself. Perhaps too much. In addition to the above, I have picked up:

Ranged Armour: Force Ring (0:10)
Magic Armour: Jamshid's Robe (7:118-120), Robe of the Dragon's Bane (12:125), The Frozen Soul of Mistalsia (15:135)

And although I have the most powerful buyable weapon, I don't yet have the top two armours. We'll see what happens. Certainly these three magic armours are better than anything else I can see.

Darkdragon

That's great. Now build an army! :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Hadn't you noticed? I have a little force here.

Of course, I'm pondering selling them all off again, just for a lark...

fisherman

Tourney Server Up!!!

fisherman

Live comes out tomorrow around 3 PM PDT (-8)  I hope you guys decide to play!

Tezkat

So... the beta is officially over and all. Does anyone still care? Who all is planning on playing?

Also, fisherman would like to know if now is a good time to announce our old treaty. With the server reset, the Thugz will likely have lots of people gunning for them. :dface

Kasarn

I'll probably keep on playing... I guess... /shrug

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not so sure. I suspect I'll play, but...

Joe3210

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 09, 2009, 05:13:13 AM
I'm not so sure. I suspect I'll play, but...

It's difficult to rebuild the game up from scratch.

I'm playing as Lemuria though.

lawl

Tezkat

Heh. It's not like starting a new nation is much different than running an old one. Log in. Collect taxes. Buy stuff. Rinse. Repeat... :animesweat

Anyways, the guild is back up and running, for those of you who want to join in the fun.