Galava

Started by Tezkat, May 12, 2008, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Well, the problem now seems to be that I'm not going to be able to produce soldiers as fast as he can kill them. :/

I've got a que of 100,000 going, but it's going to take 67 days to complete. Hrm.

I'm requesting peace, hoping he'll take his winnings and go home, and switching to peace mode as soon as I can.

- As an addendum, he didn't blink when I mentioned the Thugz. How would I go about asking for a little help from them, then?

Darkdragon

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 05, 2009, 01:54:03 PM
Well, the problem now seems to be that I'm not going to be able to produce soldiers as fast as he can kill them. :/

I've got a que of 100,000 going, but it's going to take 67 days to complete. Hrm.
Quote from: Darkdragon on January 05, 2009, 01:00:13 AM
Do not spend resources during the last minute on long building queues as they will get destroyed if they raid your province (which will happen 90% of the time).
A little late for that particular part of the advice.  :rolleyes

I'm requesting peace, hoping he'll take his winnings and go home, and switching to peace mode as soon as I can.
Unlikely.

How would I go about asking for a little help from [Thugz], then?
You are most welcome to.

Tezkat

I'm sitting on plenty of monies that could go towards the reconstruction effort.

The Thugz probably wouldn't be able to help even if we asked for it. They have a policy of power levelling all their lowbies up to at least 1600 prog, so none of their fighters would be small enough to help you against that guy. They could glare menacingly at him, maybe... :animesweat It's not like GOONS are the type to back off from a fight because you ask nicely.

For future reference, what you generally want to do in cases like this is just move your troops out of the way and let him have your province(s), then move them back into an already plundered province where he can't hurt them. (It's also safe to queue up more troops in a province that's been plundered.) Hide your resources on the market. It takes over a month to rebuild a decent sized army. That's not worth a few prog points or cash. Unless you happen to lose an artifact (which is super annoying), raiding isn't all that damaging to your empire so long as you manage to preserve most of your troops and resources.

Realistically, I'd say you'd need about half a million troops to survive out of peace mode these days. Above 1200 prog (i.e. in range of the big guys), it's probably more like a million. Don't stop building troops. The raiders won't, and they can easily support seven-digit troop counts through plunder and occupation. (I think fisherman has something like 3 million troops now...) :dface

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Darkdragon

Not to mention those here with a seven-digit troop count without raiding endlessly... >.>

I think the rule of thumb is this: If you think its enough, its not enough.

Tezkat

It's more a matter of "enough" being a moving target. It's all well and good to say that, for instance, 800k troops is enough, and it might be for a time, but when the raiders are adding 30k troops a day... :dface

fisherman

As long as there is someone with higher prog in war mode with less troops, you should be raid safe.

Tezkat

...until that person gets raided, and you rise to the top of the list? >:]

Tezkat

Okay... we have a bit of an incident now... :dface

One of the Thugz was kind enough to step in and try to take the pressure of Cog. Unfortunately, he's now being gangbanged by four GOONS.

Kasarn and I are too big to help. Darkdragon?

Darkdragon

The guys in the 800's are a bit too low to hit as the underdog bonus would be 40%+ and I'm not comfortable with that. I can hit the guys in the 1000's and make sure they regret it though. Will get on to that as we speak.

Do you think we should extend reconstruction efforts to the guy who helped?

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on January 07, 2009, 11:09:12 PM
The guys in the 800's are a bit too low to hit as the underdog bonus would be 40%+ and I'm not comfortable with that. I can hit the guys in the 1000's and make sure they regret it though. Will get on to that as we speak.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

Don't attack any of those guys until we have proper spy data on them. Some of them have pretty insane unit stats, so they're probably all war castle and dark magic. We might need to coordinate strikes with the Thugz...

Do you think we should extend reconstruction efforts to the guy who helped?

We could. It would only be fair. llearch and I could get on that.

We should also get Cog some rebuilding monies as well...

Darkdragon

On a side tangent and for the record, there's apparently a rule against starting wars if you have collections outstanding. I can't collect because I reset land types and is waiting for the deconstruction effort to get somewhere. I'll see how the situation improves after about 3 hours.

Tezkat

Really? Interesting... Good to know, I suppose.

Which one are you spying on?

Darkdragon

Sherman. The spies will return in 2 hours.

Cogidubnus

Shoot. I feel bad that he's getting beat on. :<

I'd help, but...um, I don't really think I can. :B

Darkdragon

Get spy data and share with guild. At least you can do that (hopefully).

fisherman

Quote from: Tezkat on January 06, 2009, 02:25:10 AM
I'm sitting on plenty of monies that could go towards the reconstruction effort.

The Thugz probably wouldn't be able to help even if we asked for it. They have a policy of power levelling all their lowbies up to at least 1600 prog, so none of their fighters would be small enough to help you against that guy. They could glare menacingly at him, maybe... :animesweat It's not like GOONS are the type to back off from a fight because you ask nicely.

For future reference, what you generally want to do in cases like this is just move your troops out of the way and let him have your province(s), then move them back into an already plundered province where he can't hurt them. (It's also safe to queue up more troops in a province that's been plundered.) Hide your resources on the market. It takes over a month to rebuild a decent sized army. That's not worth a few prog points or cash. Unless you happen to lose an artifact (which is super annoying), raiding isn't all that damaging to your empire so long as you manage to preserve most of your troops and resources.

Realistically, I'd say you'd need about half a million troops to survive out of peace mode these days. Above 1200 prog (i.e. in range of the big guys), it's probably more like a million. Don't stop building troops. The raiders won't, and they can easily support seven-digit troop counts through plunder and occupation. (I think fisherman has something like 3 million troops now...) :dface

Brainy Smurf is about 3.7M in around 3.6M.  I want to hit 4M sometime.  Bulllgod's assistance was nothing less than embarrassing, I actually had a talk with him about good tactics and skill.  I would be happy if you brought assistance requests to our embassy as opposed to just asking a thug.  This is of course okay, but its easier to keep track of that way.

Darkdragon

I would like to clarify exactly where this embassy could be located so future requests could go with due protocol. Thanks in advance.

Valynth

Some one declared war on me....  then went "oh shit!" and went for peace.  I didn't even get to smack him awwwww.....

man only had 2 provinces and 6000 units.  Part of the reason I let him go was how pathetic he was.  That and he was in a guild.

Also, if he had attacked me with the entirety of his army my response would have been:

Awww, look at the widle newbie.  Are you lost widle newbie?  Where's your guild? Awww it's all right lets go to the Admin station, I'm sure they'll find them for you.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

fisherman

http://z11.invisionfree.com/West_Side_Thug_Unit/index.php Is our forums, you need to be masked to see your embassy.  Tezkat is masked, if you do need to make a request and hes not available you're free to register.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Done. ;-]

Not that I expect to use it, but hey, it's nice to let everyone know, and most folks know where to get hold of me even if Tez isn't around, so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

fisherman

I sent this to Tez:

Some of the thugs are meeting IRL and will have our computers and be on #cribz in IRC to discuss many things facing us. If you care to join us meet us in IRC at 9:30 PM EST. Please let anyone else in your guild know who you want to come. Both of you should be able to mask whoever you want into #cribz. Please have people maintain their galava name to avoid confusion. I sent a bulletin my whole guild. Make sure you know that your whole guild is invited.

Maybe see some of you then!

llearch n'n'daCorna

2:30am GMT. Hrm. I think I'll probably be asleep.

By the by, it'd be useful if you specified which of the networks you're going to be on...

fisherman

irc.coldfront.net

#thugz is our default chan but we wont be talking there.  Have tez mask you in #cribz or query me

Tezkat

So... um... what happened to Kasarn? He dropped out of both Galava and CN without warning... :dface

fisherman

I was wondering the same thing.

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on January 17, 2009, 09:47:02 PM
So... um... what happened to Kasarn? He dropped out of both Galava and CN without warning... :dface
Do you have an update on this Tezkat? Or should I try my hand at PMing him?

Valynth

Good news everyone.  By shear random chance and force of moxie, I got a powerful melee weapon that is now equipped to my most plentiful unit.

Frozen Fury:  (stats hidden for national security.)

Even with all my castles being armory boosts, I can't get a weapon like that normally.

*prays the armory never, ever resets again.  He's still annoyed about the last one.*

Edit:  well, impending full reset negates that....  DAMN
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. I'm full magic, and I've got three (!) useless ranged and melee weapons. And one armour.

Nice of it to be helpful...

Darkdragon

Well, I've got three useless magic armours and a useless magic weapon. It'd be nice if I was in magic. At least I got a ranged armour which is better than what I can usually get.

EDIT: llearch: I would like to make an emergency deposit right now of exactly 29,580,650. Doable?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sure. Let me set it up.

Hrm. If divided by 50, it's an odd number. Tell you what, I'll set up 29 million, and then the rest.