Battle of the Se- Whoa, Abel!

Started by Rithm Alfortele, May 09, 2008, 08:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raffe

Quote from: Zack on May 18, 2008, 12:11:31 PM
As ridiculous as it is..I can almost see someone sending in a question asking what a baby between Jyrras and Abel would look like. and I probably just jinxed it by saying that..
I already conjectured in another thread.

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 12:05:55 PM
I was referring solely to the "Jyrbel". I have nothing against Abel and Jy being together.
What about the "Dantilda" thats been around somewhere.(was that the pairing or just the kid?)

And I bet not many people saw Merliyka coming.  >:3 >:3

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 18, 2008, 12:22:07 PM
Ok. Seriously. Am I the only female and/or person who finds the concept of an offspring of two guys incredibly stupid?  I dont even like the idea of females having babies, (ouch ouch ouch) much less the idea of a guy having to squeeze a watermelon out of a lemonseed sized hole...or having his abdomon sliced open. 

Ugh.
But...Jyrras has the power of science, babies can be grown in vats...

EDIT:would Pyroduck/Alexsi be Pyrexsi? or Aleduck?
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 18, 2008, 12:23:27 PM

And yet it is still abominable. Abominable.

Raffe

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 12:24:42 PM
Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 18, 2008, 12:23:27 PM

And yet it is still abominable. Abominable.
The power of pairings compels you. The power of pairings compels you.
But if Amber doesn't like it then maybe they'll adopt :)
Hooray ellipsis!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 18, 2008, 12:27:09 PM
The power of pairings compels you. The power of pairings compels you.

The power of pairings does not affect me.

Quote from: Deebs' servant on May 18, 2008, 12:27:09 PM
But if Amber doesn't like it then maybe they'll adopt :)

:sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop :sweatdrop

Fine, whatever.. We'll have to see for ourselves how it actually turns out, anyway.

Don

Ok. Seriously. Am I the only female and/or person who finds the concept of an offspring of two guys incredibly stupid?  I dont even like the idea of females having babies, (ouch ouch ouch) much less the idea of a guy having to squeeze a watermelon out of a lemonseed sized hole...or having his abdomon sliced open. 

Ugh.

I for one fully agree with your words.

Raffe

...I think too much about babies...
Oh well, Jyrras has Deebs for now.
Just wondering about those who have donated, what made you pick the side you did?
I picked guys' side because I was hoping for some Jyrbel fanservice, but I was extremely tempted by the possibility of seeing Deebs and Matilda.
Hooray ellipsis!

Don

My donation were pretty much towards the development of Jyrras and Abel's relationship, though it was partially influenced by the "battle of the sexes" theme as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ok. Seriously. Am I the only female and/or person who finds the concept of an offspring of two guys incredibly stupid?

No.

Incidentally, Deeb's Servant, you've posted 11 times in the last 2 pages, on this thread alone. This is not your personal playpen, and Amber has indicated - repeatedly - her distaste for this particular line of thought.

I really strongly recommend you find something else to talk about. Seriously.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 18, 2008, 01:09:07 PM
Ok. Seriously. Am I the only female and/or person who finds the concept of an offspring of two guys incredibly stupid?

No.

Seconded. A lot.

Zedd

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on May 18, 2008, 01:10:27 PM

No.

Seconded. A lot.
Ditto..

Don

No.

Seconded. A lot.

I already agreed with this once before above, but I'm just saying it again because the topic in question is irrational and illogical.

Raffe

No.

Incidentally, Deeb's Servant, you've posted 11 times in the last 2 pages, on this thread alone. This is not your personal playpen, and Amber has indicated - repeatedly - her distaste for this particular line of thought.

I really strongly recommend you find something else to talk about. Seriously.
And I stopped myself with the "I think too much about babies" post, where I changed the subject.

Changing the subject again, do we have any idea who would be in the wallpapers? Amber said something about groupshots depending on how much the guys and girls count changes, so does that mean one of the outcomes could be less characters, but in action somewhere? Would the groupshot be them dispersed or all in a line?
Hooray ellipsis!

Don

you've posted 11 times in the last 2 pages, on this thread alone.

Speaking of wich..I have been posting here too much myself. I've posted 9 times in the last two pages wich despite that i've tried to have differant content in my posts they are becoming relativly the same. Thus I shall leave this thread for now.

Lucheek

..Jyrbel? How would that be pronouced? Wouldn't Jybel sound better? o-o

I don't have any money to spare, so I wouldn't care who wins. I just like seeing Amber's art.

(....Will Flluffy be in any group shot?)

LionHeart

Quote from: Zack on May 18, 2008, 01:16:57 PM

No.

Seconded. A lot.

I already agreed with this once before above, but I'm just saying it again because the topic in question is irrational and illogical.
Agreed entirely.

I've never understood how the whole "m-preg" thing would work. There is just no way a guy can have "a bun in the oven" when we don't have "ovens" in the first place.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LionHeart on May 18, 2008, 04:31:28 PM
I've never understood how the whole "m-preg" thing would work. There is just no way a guy can have "a bun in the oven" when we don't have "ovens" in the first place.

Technically, you don't -need- an oven to get started. There are possibilities available; the egg is perfectly capable of attaching itself inside the fallopian tubes, or elsewhere in the body, if it gets loose.

It's quite dangerous, even critically so, for the parent host, but it _works_ - at least for the start.

... I wouldn't volunteer for it myself, but medically speaking, it can happen. You'd need a heck of a lot of medical attention to get it to happen to a guy, though. And I feel really sorry for the poor git - there ain't no way to get it out once it's grown, if you both live that long. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raffe

Quote from: Lucheek on May 18, 2008, 03:52:56 PM
..Jyrbel? How would that be pronouced? Wouldn't Jybel sound better? o-o
...like gerbil, the fuzzy little pets...
Think someone else will pop up in the next ww pic?
Hooray ellipsis!

Don

One thing I'm curious about. With the wallpaper wars if the total donations reach a certain amount both wallpapers are drawn but the winner is given special treatment.

Is there another donation point in which both sides are given equal specialness?

Amber Williams

Quote from: Zack on May 18, 2008, 05:34:41 PM
One thing I'm curious about. With the wallpaper wars if the total donations reach a certain amount both wallpapers are drawn but the winner is given special treatment.

Is there another donation point in which both sides are given equal specialness?

A tie.

VSMIT

But knowing you, you'll blank the donation numbers so we can't force one...

Amber Williams

I blank them not because I dont want a tie, but because more often than not, the time between the second to last and the winning counter has a surge of donations that I can't properly keep up with them and work on a proper finale image at the same time.

People will often see one side losing, try to bolster that side up, only for that side to end up taking a massive sweep because the other side thought this entire time their side was still in the lead.

However, I will say that if the two numbers are within a particular small distance between eachother, I will more than likely fill in the gap myself and create a tie.  If I feel like it. :B

Alondro

Ugh.

*Charline hmms*  While I'm not too keen on the idea of males giving (given that my Mum was also a goddess of children and would see it as such a horrid abomination she'd likely go on a human-race-devouring binge again), I DO rather like the idea slicing their abdomens open.  Slowly.  With my claws.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Raffe

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 18, 2008, 09:43:10 PM
I blank them not because I dont want a tie, but because more often than not, the time between the second to last and the winning counter has a surge of donations that I can't properly keep up with them and work on a proper finale image at the same time.

People will often see one side losing, try to bolster that side up, only for that side to end up taking a massive sweep because the other side thought this entire time their side was still in the lead.

However, I will say that if the two numbers are within a particular small distance between eachother, I will more than likely fill in the gap myself and create a tie.  If I feel like it. :B
Could you save the image before numbers then just update that same image with the new numbers? Maybe twice a day with just numbers?
Or would that still be too much time in between that thered still be that landslide?
Hooray ellipsis!

VSMIT

She'd have to be at a computer the whole time, to truly update it the way you want to.

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Lucheek on May 18, 2008, 03:52:56 PM
....Will Fluffy be in any group shot?

That would imply a gender.

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 18, 2008, 10:54:00 AM
Sid would be correct. There is a very big difference between aesthetically changing your looks and actually changing ones true gender.  Its easy as pie to make oneself look like a girl if the cubi is in fact a boy, right down to the naughty bits. However, actually becoming a girl with functioning reproductive bits requires something powerful and permanent which is about the equivalent of a sex-change surgery in Furrae...so it isn't something done lightly since it is not something that can be reversed.

But really, if it's a magical change like you say, couldn't it go the other way? I mean, it would be just as difficult, if not more so, but still theoretically possible.

Amber Williams

Magic is not always a simple on/off switch. Much like science isn't always a simple on/off switch.  Just because you can get one result from magic or science, it doesn't always mean that it is just as easily reversible if you backtrack.  In the case of gender-changing, true gender changing, the magical equivalent of a surgeon needs to more or less do the equivalent of genetic recoding...a process that takes a good full-day and can be considered very risky since if they miss any, negative things happen. (it is generally standard procedure to keep the patient extra days for a few more go-overs just to be safe)

Magic has a tendency to be chaotic, and that much magic causes the code to be less stable. So a second procedure (in this case reversing) will often be disasterous because now one is mixing magic with magic and on unstable terrain. In theory it could be possible, but the chance of survival is low enough most dont want to mess with it.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Brunhidden on May 18, 2008, 09:35:48 AM
being aroudn this forum so long i find it impossible to read what mabb says without inserting 'for' between abel and gay

Abel for gay?  :B
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Slowtini

...Amber, remember that "Ear-Zilla" comic you did a while ago?
What you just said about genetic-recoding through magic made me think of that...

Is Jy going to... D:

Don

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 18, 2008, 09:43:10 PM

Thank you for answering my question, it is very appreciated.

Victoire Épique

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 19, 2008, 11:58:45 AM
Magic is not always a simple on/off switch. Much like science isn't always a simple on/off switch.  Just because you can get one result from magic or science, it doesn't always mean that it is just as easily reversible if you backtrack.  In the case of gender-changing, true gender changing, the magical equivalent of a surgeon needs to more or less do the equivalent of genetic recoding...a process that takes a good full-day and can be considered very risky since if they miss any, negative things happen. (it is generally standard procedure to keep the patient extra days for a few more go-overs just to be safe)

Magic has a tendency to be chaotic, and that much magic causes the code to be less stable. So a second procedure (in this case reversing) will often be disastrous because now one is mixing magic with magic and on unstable terrain. In theory it could be possible, but the chance of survival is low enough most don't want to mess with it.
Ah, I see now.
Thank you very much! :)