[Comic] DSOF #10 [05-24-08]

Started by WhiteFox, January 10, 2008, 10:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelix

Since you insisted...

Name: Nelix-Youvenski Kharisma, also answers to "furvert", "Oui U!" and "27".
Race: Anthropomorphic Arctic Fox.
Appearance: Fur is dominantly blue/teal, with white patches such as the chin,throat, paws and the tip of the tail. Eyes are also blue. Hair is a darker shade of blue, The back of the hair varies depending if he's showered or used gel which results in greasy gel'd back to ruffled spikes.The fringe always forms two "Insectoid" feelers. All other features are typical of arctic foxes. Claims to be of Scottish descent.

semi-optional:
Size: 6'5ft (Closer to 6'4 and a half but no-ones going to notice. >.>)
Body type: Has disproportionately long and thin arms and legs (Fingers are elongated) , chest and Head should be fine.
Clothes: Wears a lab coat and kilt. T-shirts and shirts vary. Wears boots but also likes going bare foot. Also frequently wears a sieve over his head...
Personality: Either dreadfully nervous and stressed or Maniacally joyful.
Pose: Standing or any pose you want, is oddly flexible.
Props: Often carries a hacksaw... usually clean.
Area: I hang around the irc and lurk the forum occasionally. I do have a FA account so you could notify me there.

Basically the same as any normal furry.

EDIT: I've changed a few things.

Brunhidden

Thora says she wants in, but wants to sleep instead of posting, like its all that much effort  :rolleyes

her description- she says use her avitar mostly http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e358/Thora_Thorsdottir/mini-minithora.jpg essentially shes a viking chick, but she gets offended with the horny helmets, however shes pregnant

gender- female
race- unknown. shes never really been much into furry, but i always kinda thought of her as a 'Seljord  serpent' if she were antrho. or humanish, that works too
hair- blonde, butt length
eyes- brown
height- not entirely sure, she does not quite come up to my armpits and people shorter then me also make fun of her height
weight- im not going to even try now, it'll only change by tomorrow
body type- kinda stocky and very busty, pregnant probably isn't really a body type
clothes- either viking garb or she also wears band shirts and tank tops IRL, also finds chain mail bras to be comfy and supportive undergarments
pose and props- unknown, she occasionally poses with a norse style sword, but shes playful and will play along with those around her
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

WhiteFox

Brunhidden:
Human is an acceptable species, and I was wondering if at least one or two would show up. (At this rate.)

Update on the project: Group two is drawn, and sent out for approval. Group 1 is inked, coloring starts soon, and I'm starting to draw group 3.

Group #5
Valynth
Nelix
Cogidubnus
Thora

Group#6
Keaton the Black Jackal
Hazzy
Shazzy
Sienna
Mew?

Hazzy will be drawn in Group 6, but the idea came up to draw him in a group with those others mentioned. I havn't gotten a hold of Mew yet, though, to see if she wants to participate.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Brunhidden

thora is in with cogi? i wonder what the odds are they're dueling, unlikely but i know so little about cogi and his mannerisms with his blade

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 30, 2008, 03:16:01 AM
thora is in with cogi? i wonder what the odds are they're dueling, unlikely but i know so little about cogi and his mannerisms with his blade

But why would I want to fight your wife? From what I can tell, she is a very nice lady. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 30, 2008, 08:45:02 AM
But why would I want to fight your wife? From what I can tell, she is a very nice lady. :)

Practice? Training?

... Later?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sunblink

Oh hay guise I'm in. Here's my reference-stuff. :B

Reference Picture: CLICK HERE

Required:
Name: Keaton the Black Jackal
Race: Anthropomorphic black-backed jackal. Succubus, but wings and head-wings are optional.
Appearance: See picture for a good example. Clan marking is on left-hand hip. Click here for clan marking reference picture.

Size: 5'2"
Body type: Athletically muscular, with sinewy limbs and a taut stomach
Clothes: No real default here. Still designing a good outfit for Keaton. :B At most, just give her some baggy pants and a shirt, with belle-sleeve arm warmers.
Personality: Tomboyish, outgoing, boisterous; if you want a particular expression for this picture.
Pose: Um... I really have no idea. I'm terrible at poses.
Props: None.
Area: Really no idea, but I do frequent the Haunted Ballroom of the forum a lot. :3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

WhiteFox

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 30, 2008, 08:45:02 AM

Actually, I would like to see more character interactions. If neither of you would mind, I might do that.

Kinda friendly sparring like.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Cogidubnus

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 30, 2008, 09:42:49 PM

Actually, I would like to see more character interactions. If neither of you would mind, I might do that.

Kinda friendly sparring like.

I don't mind, no. By all means. :)

James StarRunner

Mischa

I suppose I can't resist tossing up Mischa's profile here.  Although I wanted to appear with Shazzy... Awww... :(

Let's see...

Name: Mischa
Race: Balloon genie (humanoid in appearance)
Appearance: Bright red skin, green eyes, purple hair pulled up into a ponytail.  Her most notable feature is that she has an air valve (like the kind you'd find on a beachball or similar inflatable toy) on her right hip.

Size: Around 6 feet tall
Body type: Uhhh... buxom!
Clothes: Genie outfit!  Primarily in shades of blue.
Personality: *asks around*  Bubbly, cheerful, bouncy.
Pose: Not sure... something bouncy and playful ^_^
Props: Maybe a bottle?
Area: Primarily the IRC chatroom, although sometimes I can be found around the DMFA forums. :3

Maybe pictures would help?

http://www.zetallis.com/art/fanart/m/mischagenie.jpg
http://www.mabsland.com/Art5b/Mischa.jpg (wrong color eyes, though XD)
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z183/BouncyMischa/BottledMischa.gif?t=1209686841  (showing Mischa's air valve)

Squee!

Gabi

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 30, 2008, 02:21:53 AM
Brunhidden:
Human is an acceptable species, and I was wondering if at least one or two would show up. (At this rate.)

Update on the project: Group two is drawn, and sent out for approval. Group 1 is inked, coloring starts soon, and I'm starting to draw group 3.

Group #5
Valynth
Nelix
Cogidubnus
Thora

Group#6
Keaton the Black Jackal
Hazzy
Shazzy
Sienna
Mew?

Hazzy will be drawn in Group 6, but the idea came up to draw him in a group with those others mentioned. I havn't gotten a hold of Mew yet, though, to see if she wants to participate.
I've been skipped! And so was schizo. It went Valynth, schizo, me, then Nelix.

I have wiku wiki too. http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Gabi
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

i think people were shuffled to get them into specific groups, or some people asked to be with others in particular. theres some kind of rhyme or reason to shuffling people

WhiteFox

My current list of people to be drawn.
If you're not mentioned, I either need a description or a reminder.
Applications are still open.

Group #3
Zina
Tapewolf
Ren Gaulen
Ryan Galen
Saist

Group #4 (IRC batch 2)
Tony
Janus
Dimitri
Sofox
Jouster

Group #5
Valynth
Schizo
Gabi
Nelix
Mischa

Group #6
Keaton the Black Jackal
Hazzy
Shazzy
Sienna
Mew

Group #7
Cogidubnus
Thora
James Star Runner
Mischa
Tezkat

---

PS: Taken from chat:

Alteisentieress: I'll probably end up screaming something like "I'M 16 FEET TALL AND DRESSED IN THE CARNIVAL OF MEAT OUTFIT"
WhiteFox: Atle, I will draw that unless you submit an actual profile.

I know what the Carnival of Meat outfit is. And I will follow through.

WhiteFox

Sigh.

For the last...I  dunno, three weeks? I've been pretty burnt out. Mostly because developing techniques in photoshop have been a masochistic process. I dread opening up Photoshop. it's somewhat akin to consciously putting my hand on a red hot burner, my aversion is so strong.

Since I'm mostly back up an running now, and the dread of photoshop has slackened in my hiatus, I'll be back at the grindstone.

Anyway, Since I'm going to be getting back to work, I'm going to be building a more comprehensive website (as opposed to the mess of pages I have now) and starting a new thread.

I haven't been able to work on the Cast image project much, 'cause I ran out of printer ink. Since I'm out of ink, I can't print off the char. bios and draw when I do my daily walk down to the café for a cup of tea. (The Café trip is integral to my artistic process.) I can't draw in front of my computer, with the bios up on the monitor, cause it makes me think about Photoshop.

As an offering to those who I may have offended by dropping off the radar (And not updating the status of the cast pic) I will submit a scribble from my sketch book, selected completely at random.

(At some point, I realized that all my characters were B- or C-cups, and something in my head snapped.)

Brunhidden

Quote from: WhiteFox on May 24, 2008, 12:12:23 AM

(At some point, I realized that all my characters were B- or C-cups, and something in my head snapped.)

why is it some people only think A-C cups are normal? i live in a world where an F- cup bra occasionally makes an appearance. listen to my wife sometime and she shall go into a rant about shirts, and how they only make shirts for small chested women, assuming anyone with a larger chest must be some horrible butter tub.

sorry to hear about your ink, perhaps if you take a pencil and jot down abbreviated descriptions on like notecards or something, so its easy to take with you and not requiring ink

QuoteWe find no real satisfaction or happiness in life without obstacles to conquer and goals to achieve.

WhiteFox

Ok, so, I'm a big fat liar.

DSOF#10 Isn't SAIA such a nice place?

So, after being burnt out for a week, I somehow managed to put in a solid 6 hours of work to finish inking, do all the coloring, add speech bubbles (Which remains my second most hated part of production) and even hack together some BG's.

As usual, I'm not all happy with it, but there are parts I like. Jade in panel two was awesome on paper, and I love the BG in panel 1. I paid a lot more attention to the scale between Jade and Theo in this page. Also, I figured out new ways to draw wings not once, but FIVE times as I was drawing/Inking this one. As such, Theo's wings are *Really* messed up. His left and right wings don't match in panel one, did an art shift in panel two (I love those wings), and these are completely revised from what was in the pencils. Theo's hair changes a lot too, I'm still trying to get a decent technique down for hair. There is progress, tho. So, I dont' like Theo's constantly changing look, but it just means I'm developing my skills, I guess.

Sorted out a new method for shading, too. A lot more groundwork in the pencil stage goes a long way.

Anyway... I'm not making an HTML page for this one till I get the new site up. Which might be a while.

Tapewolf

No screams?  Does the librarian just want a word with Jade as well?

Anyway, I wouldn't have noticed the wings if you hadn't mentioned it.  I'm not sure which I prefer.  But yes, the shading is good.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

you know, this comic and what he just said really gives me some..... ideas....

then again dungeon keeper was always my favorite game, cool to think of it as a career/major

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 24, 2008, 07:56:24 AM
No screams?  Does the librarian just want a word with Jade as well?

Anyway, I wouldn't have noticed the wings if you hadn't mentioned it.  I'm not sure which I prefer.  But yes, the shading is good.

the librarian does in fact like some people, shes always helpful to me

QuoteWhat other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart! What jailer so inexorable as one's self!

WhiteFox

Ke-ke-ke-ke...

That's not the librarian, just so you know.