The crazy Dan Cosplay

Started by James StarRunner, April 08, 2008, 03:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James StarRunner

While I got some photos done with my fiancee, we also worked on some DMFA related pics.

Dramatic Dan is Dramatic!
Dan vs. Invisible Foe
Dan vs. Tree?
Dan vs. Fiancee!? Oh Snap!
Dan vs. Fiancee part II
It's bite is worse than it's bark
Strike a pose
Weeeeeeeeeeee!
They're for training! I swear!
Yes, they really were high heels
There was no yarn so...
Still hanging around
Can I get some help? ...Please?

AND A MOVIE TOO!

Did this when pretending to be tied up in the swings, except when I tried to get out... well... I really was stuck.
James conquers the swings

Yes, I'm a geek.

*edit* added high heel pics

Tapewolf

Heh.  Now let's watch the mods do mental contortions trying to work out which section this belongs in...

**EDIT**
Whereabouts was it taken?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 08, 2008, 03:18:01 PM
Whereabouts was it taken?
Heheh... It was taken in my backyard, all of it.

Dannysaysnoo

I feel sorry for that kid. Witnessing a man running around in a dress will scare anyone for life.

James StarRunner

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on April 08, 2008, 03:35:45 PM
I feel sorry for that kid. Witnessing a man running around in a dress will scare anyone for life.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_197.php  :B

Ren Gaulen

Strangely enough the robe looks like a robe and not a dress on you. Maybe Dan made his robe look like a dress?

Quote from: James StarRunner on April 08, 2008, 03:15:31 PM
Can I get some help? ...Please?

When you are defeated by the swings in such a humiliating manner, it is time to quit your adventuring career... :3

Darkmoon

It's DMFA related. DMFA it is.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on April 08, 2008, 04:33:14 PM
It's DMFA related. DMFA it is.

Meh. I think it should go in Tower of Art.

Shall we start a moving war? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

It is still my personal life goal to one day get myself and several DMFA cosplayers to be able to perform Thriller and at some point at a convention, spontaneously perform it during the dance they always hold.

Zedd

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 08, 2008, 06:37:00 PM
It is still my personal life goal to one day get myself and several DMFA cosplayers to be able to perform Thriller and at some point at a convention, spontaneously perform it during the dance they always hold.
Heehee..That be cool

e_voyager

Indeed and to witness that i would be willing to brave the convent hall and their crowds again. just don't blame me if a number of them wind up duct taped to various walls and items of decoration okay?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Reese Tora

alt captions for 'Fiance part II'

Fiance girl is unimpressed by your skills.

"Your powers are weak, old man."

(The expresion on her face, just screams, bored, disinterested, unimpressed, to me... obviously not the case from the other pics in the series, but in this case it appears otherwise.)
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

PurpleCheeseLlama

DMFA Thriller?

*dies happy*

Dannysaysnoo

you pull the cosplayers together, i'll make the music video.

James StarRunner

I'll get my groove on then.   :ipod

Amber Williams

Really the biggest problem is finding enough time and people to be able to practice the choreography.  While its possible to get everyone to practice solo, there would still be a bit of time everyone as a group would need to practice and perfect.

James StarRunner

Oh, I totally agree with you there. But by practicing it, it gives me a good excuse to make a further fool of myself. I can't pass up that opportunity! :P

M

Oooh, nice costume and pics.

As a big sewing/costume nerd, I must know what you made the robe out of. :eager

Reese Tora

hmm, yes; Amber's very own DMFA flash mob >:3

--edit--

It would be even better if we could get a DJ to be in on it and play Thriller at the time... of course, the problem is getting enough DMFAers to dress up as different DMFA characters to do this(as opposed to a mob of Dans and Mabs).
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

pyrohamster

aaaaghs, you wear my brand of shoes

James StarRunner

Quote from: Marmonstein on April 09, 2008, 08:43:25 PM
As a big sewing/costume nerd, I must know what you made the robe out of. :eager
Uhh... Well... Stuff... Cheap fabric from Walmart... A stepmother who is a seamstress... And one of Amber's comics as a pattern. Ya... Not proud to admit it, but I didn't make it. All I was able to do was to sew a few snaps on and be a dummy as it was sewn together.

On semi-related note, it took us awhile to figure out how to get that yellow triangle thing by the neck to be held up. Being a robe, it's supposed to open from the front, but the 'triangle' looks like it's connected to both sides. (Really, how is that supposed to work Amber?)

Sadly, I was dreadfully underweight when it was made, so now that I gained some weight back, it's really tight on me. Now I need to replace about everything... The robe... The ears and wig since they were destroyed... Get new pants since my sister volunteered herself to donate them... And get a tail... I still need a tail... Heck, maybe I'll be lazy and just hire someone to make a Dan fursuit when I actually have cash (Peh, as if that will ever happen).

Quote from: pyrohamster on April 10, 2008, 12:29:59 AM
aaaaghs, you wear my brand of shoes
Yep, Merrils... Good shoes. (Didn't want to take my black slippers in the wet muck.)

M

There's no shame in not making a costume. If I had the money, I'd buy several different costumes myself.  :) As for the triangle, to me it looks like a strange undershirt or lining of the robe.

Shame to hear that you're accessories were damaged. :<

Wildy

I'm in! Just not this year.

Sofox

Quote from: Wildy on May 04, 2008, 07:02:52 PM

I'm in! Just not this year.

Cool, who will you be?

James StarRunner

Quote from: Sofox on May 04, 2008, 08:57:39 PM
Cool, who will you be?
You're just being sarcastic, right? There's only one character a ferret like Wildy can be... Merlitz! >.>

Wildy

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Wildy on May 05, 2008, 01:51:04 AM
Quote from: James StarRunner on May 05, 2008, 01:29:14 AM
Quote from: Sofox on May 04, 2008, 08:57:39 PM
Cool, who will you be?
You're just being sarcastic, right?  >.>
Boy I sure hope so.

Either that or stupid. I know which my money is on, but I'm cynical that way...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 05, 2008, 04:14:10 AM
Either that or stupid. I know which my money is on, but I'm cynical that way...
Note that he posted at 2AM local time, which, looking at the mistakes I made last night, is rarely sensible.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E