Going offline for a while...

Started by KarlOmega1, April 04, 2008, 12:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarlOmega1

My fellow forumites...

I have some news to bring you..I will be offline for a week or two starting next week. The reason? To watch over the dogs at my parents' place while my dad takes my mom to the Mayo Clinic to remove some form of cancer... They cannot take the dogs down there because Ivan tends to get carsick, So it's my duty to watch the dogs while they go there.

I hope this isn't a problem for all of you...just wanting to let you guys know I'll be offline for a while.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Suwako

You parents have no internets and computer? Neanderthals...  >:3

KarlOmega1

They have internets and computer...but their Norton security trial period ended...last thing I want is to catch a bug on their compy...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

... install AVG, which is free to personal use?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Or Nod-32. I've heard that's a good one.

You have a Mayo clinic where you leave? There's one here too.

I hope your mother gets better.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Suwako

Quote from: Gabi on April 04, 2008, 02:35:36 PM
Or Nod-32.

For thirty days, that would work... I (and longer but the nag screen and no updating really ruins it) I would be more tempted to use AVG free edition though.
Maybe Spyware Exterminator beside it. of course You could buy G-data (panda) the best virusscanner of 2007 (according to many sites.)

Damaris

Panda's a whore.  It totally gluts itself on system resources- I hate the damn program.  (we use it at work)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bill

If you stay on legitimate websites, it's not that tough to stay virus-free even without virus-blockers, honestly.

Jim Halisstrad

First off, good luck to your mom @ family.

Second of all, I've been riding the internet bareback with firefox and haven't caught anything yet.

bill

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on April 07, 2008, 08:31:39 PM
First off, good luck to your mom @ family.

Second of all, I've been riding the internet bareback with firefox and haven't caught anything yet.
http://www.spamgasm.org/videos/Fuckner/notavirus.exe