Greetings from Texas

Started by Cogidubnus, March 06, 2008, 04:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

After a rather slippery drive home, I came back to this in my backyard:

Just wanted to share that yes, Texas does occasionally get some snow.   :P

Tapewolf

Nice.  Now I'm jealous, because we haven't had any in South Wales yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

Apparently I'm stealing Europe's snow, I know. This is the most snow we've gotten since the 1920's, actually. Six inches or so.

thegayhare

Bah...
thats nothing we've got 6 foot high snow backs here

Alondro

A good portion of China and Russia are buried in snow. 

Plus some of the Sierra Nevada and Rocky Mountains have upwards of 250 inches of snow for the year!   :U

In Southern NJ, we had a grand total of 3 inches.  Ha ha!  I hate snow.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Pagan

We had... a couple of inches here in Georgia awhile ago, sometime in January. The strange thing was that the storm started midday, that almost never happens here. Snow storms always happen during the night, but there I was, middle of Atlanta, getting out of US history and it's snowing. That was a wednesday, but it didn't stick. We had another snow storm two days later, another rarity, and that one stayed with us for about two, three days.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

rabid_fox

'Snow in Texas' sounds like a really, really bad acoustic ballad song. It'd be sung by someone with a really thin, reedy voice, like that Belle and Sebastian guy. Or the dude from Bright Eyes. The lyrics would be vague when you listen to them, but if you read them, laugh out loud stupid.

And there'd be a violin solo made of one note in the middle.

Oh dear.