[Comic] 29/09/08 (Project Future Pg. 32 remixed)

Started by Tapewolf, March 01, 2008, 01:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Heh. I like how he asked him for the time.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on September 03, 2008, 02:06:23 PM

Thanks.  That was actually improvised.  Originally Kris told him that he "had a living brain", as in past tense.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 03, 2008, 02:56:39 PM
Quote from: Gabi on September 03, 2008, 02:06:23 PM

Thanks.  That was actually improvised.  Originally Kris told him that he "had a living brain", as in past tense.
Sometimes the improvised stuff works better. As it is, the moment is really neat.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

i have the following to say- wow, he really does a good 'i just crapped myself' face. its probably good that puppy can no longer poop.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 03, 2008, 09:41:43 PM
i have the following to say- wow, he really does a good 'i just crapped myself' face. its probably good that puppy can no longer poop.
That'll probably be going away eventually.  I've got 90% of the lineart for the replacement page, but it's unlikely to be ready for tomorrow.  Also, Ren seems to be kind of busy this week and I don't yet have the line-art for the coming page.  Hence that is liable to be late too.

Sofox

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 03, 2008, 09:41:43 PM
Like I said, master at Art reuse.

PS. I'm surprised that that "what's the time" line was improvised, given how he himself had asked for the time a few times before I assumed it had been foreshadowing this, as in a "He always asked people for the time. Then, a freak accident led to him being reconstructed in a robotic body. Now, HE NEVER NEEDS TO ASK FOR THE TIME AGAIN!!!"

(in theatres this Summer)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on September 04, 2008, 06:08:20 AM
I'm surprised that that "what's the time" line was improvised, given how he himself had asked for the time a few times before I assumed it had been foreshadowing this.

These things happen.  The last line of The Usual Suspects was a last-minute brainwave by John Ottman, who scored and edited the film.

In my case, "What's the time?" was taken whole from the game the panthers came from.  It was a conversation option, and they would respond differently depending on how intelligent they were.  A couple of weeks before the strip was due to go out I suddenly realised I'd missed a trick in the original story.

Brunhidden

i was not saying there was anything wrong with using the image again, if he makes the same face its understandable, i was just remarking how good of a face it is for the expression needed

also, i really like his ears in the lower left panel, kind of that thoughtful confused look as he is struggling to get things to work. cute confused puppy dog
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Jairus

Darn... I can't find an "applause" emoticon. That is a lovely reuse of lineart and character art, and very funny to boot. Makes me wonder how many times Ren "forgets" to ask for directions...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on September 05, 2008, 03:38:46 PM
Makes me wonder how many times Ren "forgets" to ask for directions...
REAL MEN NEVER ASK FOR DIRECTIONS!! D:<

...OK, I have no idea where we are.. :sweatdrop

Dannysaysnoo

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on September 05, 2008, 03:59:26 PM
Kris shoulda got GPS or something.
I don't think Britannia has any satellites (aside from the moons).

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 05, 2008, 04:06:21 PM
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on September 05, 2008, 03:59:26 PM
Kris shoulda got GPS or something.
I don't think Britannia has any satellites (aside from the moons).
Note to self..Never let warp acii's have the map

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zedd on September 05, 2008, 06:11:53 PM
Note to self..Never let warp acii's have the map

... particularly when it's chocolate coated.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

By way of a small update, I now have the lineart from Ren - there is a very good chance of it being coloured and ready at the usual time this evening.

Tapewolf

Okay folks, page 29 is now live, and it should turn a few heads.

techmaster-glitch

Heh. I already knew this was coming, so my only complaint is that he doesn't seem as recognizable as he should be. He still looks like Kris, mostly because all that happened was a color swap, and Kris doesn't look like...who he's really supposed to be >:3...

So I wonder who might not realize who that is, if there's anyone at all...

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 02:15:09 PM
My only complaint is that he doesn't seem as recognizable as he should be. He still looks like Kris, mostly because all that happened was a color swap, and Kris doesn't look like...who he's really supposed to be >:3...
Actually, I was afraid that it wouldn't look enough like Kris, since he was taken from the incubus and de-headwinged.  Maybe if Ren had more time we could have done a full transformation.

People might find this interesting as well.  IIRC Sofox and a few others saw this at AC:
http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/future/ProjectFuture_demonology.pdf  (8.3MB)
...it is four pages long instead of two.

techmaster-glitch

Aha, THAT'S why I'm having trouble recognizing him in the comic; he's missing his trench coat and red T-shirt :P

I knew something wasn't there that was supposed to be... :giggle

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 02:40:54 PM
Aha, THAT'S why I'm having trouble recognizing him in the comic; he's missing his trench coat and red T-shirt :P  I knew something wasn't there that was supposed to be... :giggle

Yes, I think it's the first time we've seen him in formal wear.  Another point is that I tried to make him look sinister, and maybe overdid it.  Poor Josh is going to have a breakdown.  And I... I just know I'll forget what I'm doing and colour him like Kris...

Zedd

Well now it's easy for you but hard as hell for some peoples *pokes wolfy nose*

Amber Williams

PREPARE FOR IMMINENT FREAKOUT! :U

(super droid extraordinaire. Freakazoid. Freakazoid.)
(Runs around in Cyberware. Freakazoid. Freakazoid)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 06, 2008, 04:51:28 PM
... I am not liking the look of this at all.

EDIT:
Actually, talking of freakout, my heart sank a bit when Fa'Lina did the emotion-damping thing to Abel.  I had that kind of thing lined up for the following page... Josh is going to need it.

Zedd

You got the DVD set now don't you...*needs shake fist emote here*

Tapewolf

Thanks to the valiant efforts of Keaton, strip 24 is now available in its full splendour:

http://www.project-future.org/strip.php?strip=24

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Both of those strips look great, Tapewolf. I had a feeling that something like this was coming up, though since I haven't been following it since the beginning I have no idea what everyone is talking about. Maybe I should take some time and climb through the archives.

Quote from: Zedd on September 06, 2008, 05:20:38 PM

You got the DVD set now don't you...*needs shake fist emote here*
Might as well shake your fist at me too... I'm watching the first episode with DVD commentary right now.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jairus on September 06, 2008, 07:02:44 PM
Both of those strips look great, Tapewolf. I had a feeling that something like this was coming up, though since I haven't been following it since the beginning I have no idea what everyone is talking about. Maybe I should take some time and climb through the archives.
You're not going to find any hints in the archives. ;)

...I sooooo want to just tell you who that is, but I think Tapewolf might want to say himself more :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on September 06, 2008, 07:02:44 PM
I had a feeling that something like this was coming up, though since I haven't been following it since the beginning I have no idea what everyone is talking about.
It does kind of explain the strip or two where Kris is looking at Josh's thought bubble, or why Kirian has Daryil's clan mark on her forehead, doesn't it?   >:3

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 06, 2008, 07:10:10 PM
...I sooooo want to just tell you who that is, but I think Tapewolf might want to say himself more :B
May as well.  The only reason I haven't named him yet was because you didn't  :3
Anyway, for those who haven't guessed, the incubus is of course, my avatar, Jakob Pettersohn.
I don't quite have enough of the right art to put together a full cast page for him, but that will happen soon (as soon as Ren draws some).