02/25/08 [DMFA guest comic 1]

Started by Paul, February 25, 2008, 06:04:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Hehe, good one. I like the body language everyone displays - Merlitz doesn't really look happy at this turn of events. I mean turn of clothing.

One of the guest comics so far that gets closest to Amber's own style of humour, I think.

Brunhidden

dosent dan know that chicks dig effeminate men?

wait.... or was that 'chicks dig guys who don't dig chicks?'

well i know chicks dig giant robots and chocolate, dan should just drop the robe and get a giant chocolate robot if he wants the wimmens
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Sid

Teeeeheeeeeee... love the return of Dan's high-heels, and Wildy looks simply adorable in the last panel!
:boogie

Reaver225

Evil never looked so innocent before...

Naldru

I like the cartoon.

But wouldn't this have been before Dan met Merlitz?  It would also be interesting to see Jyrrus's reaction in a future guest stint.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kayriel

I wish I had some artistic skill, I'd like to do a guest comic. xD Sadly, it all went into writing.
That and one of my exes forbade me to ever touch a drawing pencil again. >_>;
<3 Abel

Ren Gaulen

Great comic. The characters really act, well, in character, and the art is good. And Mab in this comic looks as cute as the Cuteness itself. Maybe even cuter. Oh, and Merlitz's remark is priceless.
By the way, Daniel used to hide those shoes in the closet before Mab started to live "there".
Now I feel like drawing a guest comic myself... :paranoid

Evil Deluxe

Thanks, you guys! =B (I'm the gal that did the comic you're talking about). This definitely gave me an ego boost that I needed. <3

And @ Ren and Naldru: ... DETAILS. D=

Aaand.. If you have a DeviantART and want to favorite it, it's located here: http://evildeluxe.deviantart.com/ Thought I should post it. =\ It'd make me happy and I know from previous guest comics I did for other comics, people like to pounce on the opportunity to favorite any comics that have been on other sites.

And.. I apologize for my cruddy handwriting at the bottom. >_>;

pyrohamster

very nice comic! you deserve a big cookie       
                    ccc
                ccc   ccc
            ccc   o   o ccc
        ccc     o   o o    ccc
            ccc    o  o ccc
                ccc   ccc
                    ccc

c= cookie outline.
o=chocolate chip

Faerie Alex

The one thing I can see (and this may be what Ren is talking about) is that by Mab's reaction in #418, she didn't know about Dan's shoes until then. However, we see Dan with that robe starting at the beginning of the comic, so the flashback must be occuring before the first strip. i.e. Mab would not have known about Dan's shoes before she saw the dress robe.

But other than that, I do quite like it. Especially Dan's expression in the 4th panel and Wildy's in the 5th.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

kaskar

8) Amazing how Dan even knows Merilitz from his trainee adventurer days.

:popcorn  ( Will continuitity suvive this lot of flashbacks ? )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: kaskar on February 25, 2008, 11:59:07 PM
      8) Amazing how Dan even knows Merilitz from his trainee adventurer days.

:popcorn  ( Will continuitity suvive this lot of flashbacks ? )

Continuity is for the weak! >:O

And no, it will not survive. Not in the guest comics. >:3

Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 25, 2008, 06:52:06 PM
Thanks, you guys! =B (I'm the gal that did the comic you're talking about). This definitely gave me an ego boost that I needed. <3

Which you deserve. Of course all guest and fan comics are to praise, because of their good intentions alone even. And many have hilarious punchlines as well. But concerning artwork and overall interplay many of them still ...  well ... let's say, there are reasons why they don't have their own webcomic up and running already. But not so on this. The art on this really struck me and it goes really well together with everything else. Keep it up.  :)

Only, yeah, you should work on your signature :P I tried to visit your page but couldn't get the URL right before I read it in this topic. Then again, that could just have been me.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 26, 2008, 06:48:32 AM
Only, yeah, you should work on your signature :P I tried to visit your page but couldn't get the URL right before I read it in this topic. Then again, that could just have been me.

Unless she's fixed it already, it worked fine for me...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Evil Deluxe

Alright, I got the message already.
It's not in keeping with the plot, but I knew that when I drew it.
Besides, it's only a guest comic.
What does it matter if it's in keeping? =/
I just used what would work best.
And people seem to think that it turned out fine.
So I really don't see what the big huge deal is about it. -_- Not like it's permanent.

Eibborn

Yeah, don't mind them. Yeesh, nitpicky people. You did a great job!
/kicks the internet over

Faerie Alex

I don't mind all that much, really. Quite humorous. I guess I can be a bit nitpicky though. :animesweat
Jeez I need to update this thing.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 26, 2008, 07:17:31 PM
So I really don't see what the big huge deal is about it. -_- Not like it's permanent.

I liked it. I still do. It amuses me. *shrug*

Paul

Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 26, 2008, 07:17:31 PMSo I really don't see what the big huge deal is about it. -_- Not like it's permanent.
There isn't any big deal; many members of this forum just like to nitpick and read great significance into every teeny tiny detail. That's certainly what they do with the regular comic. ;)

Don't worry about it, your guest comic's delicious.

I like the way you drew the characters, those are very charming "cover versions" of them. And like I said, you hit Amber's joke style well, which is meant as praise.

Evil Deluxe

Quote from: Paul on February 26, 2008, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 26, 2008, 07:17:31 PMSo I really don't see what the big huge deal is about it. -_- Not like it's permanent.
There isn't any big deal; many members of this forum just like to nitpick and read great significance into every teeny tiny detail. That's certainly what they do with the regular comic. ;)

Don't worry about it, your guest comic's delicious.

I like the way you drew the characters, those are very charming "cover versions" of them. And like I said, you hit Amber's joke style well, which is meant as praise.

Heh. Thanks. ^^; I didn't mean to sound so.. stand-offish. ;__; I think it was the hidden stash of crappy self-esteem lodged into my brain underneath my egotistic jokes I do a lot.
I think low self-esteem comes with being a beginner webcomic artist (some old ones still have this too, like a certain Amber we all know and love). It's all a part of the package.

Paul

Here, have some artistic self-confidence. Tastes like peppermint.

Incidentally, the picking of nits is sort of a DMFA forum specialty. It's mostly random speculation for fun's sake.

Naldru

Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 26, 2008, 08:48:20 PM

Heh. Thanks. ^^; I didn't mean to sound so.. stand-offish. ;__; I think it was the hidden stash of crappy self-esteem lodged into my brain underneath my egotistic jokes I do a lot.
I think low self-esteem comes with being a beginner webcomic artist (some old ones still have this too, like a certain Amber we all know and love). It's all a part of the package.

It sounds like you need some egoboo and cookies.  I liked it, and there's no doubt about that.

:mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie
:mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie egoboo  :mowcookie
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Damaris

Quote from: Evil Deluxe on February 26, 2008, 08:48:20 PM
I didn't mean to sound so.. stand-offish. ;__; I think it was the hidden stash of crappy self-esteem lodged into my brain underneath my egotistic jokes I do a lot.

Responding to ridiculous and baseless criticisms doesn't make you sound standoffish at all.  Obviously certain people need to learn the difference between a guest comic and a regular comic before they make more posts.

The comic was delightful- I enjoyed it terribly. :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Damaris on February 27, 2008, 11:14:39 PM
The comic was delightful- I enjoyed it terribly. :)

You're terrible like that... ;-]

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Alondro

*Charline realizes the power of guest art and wants to be a Mary-Sue*  Then I can eat Jyrras!   >:3

*Charles grins*  Only to have it retconned as soon as Amber gets back! 

*Charline fails*   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Alondro on February 28, 2008, 11:48:01 AM
*Charline realizes the power of guest art and wants to be a Mary-Sue*  Then I can eat Jyrras!   >:3

*Charles grins*  Only to have it retconned as soon as Amber gets back! 

*Charline fails*   :<

Why would anyone want to eat Jyrras? That would be... monstrous!! D:

Also, what happens in guest comics, stays in guest comics.

Which means that guest comics are like Las Vegas... :sweatdrop