[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2009, 11:09:53 AM
The fourth panel is supposed to be like that - it was "censored", after all! :B
Thing is, it's close enough that it looks like they're supposed to be the same and aren't.  You might consider making it medium grey or something.

QuoteAnd I mostly omitted the colours, anyway; though making Abel's eyes red in the third panel could really be a nice touch.
Their eyes seem to go solid the colour of their clan mark when they're doing a 'Cubi-type attack, though it may depend on just how mad they are.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gareeku

Censor Ocelot. Lol. Reference to Hiimdaisy, art style-wise?

Ren Gaulen

Brunhidden

Zig's expressions in 2 and 3 look so much like the classic anime expressions, impeccable. also i am quite impressed at how well you drew the skirt thing, its a fashion trend that needs to catch on. and finally Jyjy has a look i would have almost interpreted as 'ye gods, that could have been me lying on the floor'
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Gareeku

Mao

I think my favorite part is the uncomfort-'Abel' look that Jyyras has.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 04, 2009, 02:06:33 PM
I think my favorite part is the uncomfort-'Abel' look that Jyyras has.

like it? this can easily be reproduced by grabbing or slapping a feline on the booty, the rest comes naturally

Ren Gaulen

Mao

Kipiru

I love Abel's responce in the first panel-that's so like him!

Gareeku

Ren Gaulen

ShadesFox

The All Purpose Fox

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

Well, considering I helped you come up with ideas for it, saw it as it developed, and also shamelessly recommended inserting the character based on me into the last panel asking Jy that question, am I allowed to say that I think it's awesome?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on February 04, 2009, 08:10:33 PM
Well, considering I helped you come up with ideas for it, saw it as it developed, and also shamelessly recommended inserting the character based on me into the last panel asking Jy that question, am I allowed to say that I think it's awesome?
Yes, you are. :3 Now go Ahead and say it. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2009, 08:12:16 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 04, 2009, 08:10:33 PM
Yes, you are. :3 Now go Ahead and say it. :3
It's awesome.

Now, when are we going to stop making jokes about the Ahead?

Ren Gaulen

Amber Williams

Non-critique related:

I am not sure if its preference or not knowing how, so I figure I would at least mention in case its the latter. If you want to make the copyright symbol instead of the generic (c), you simply hold down the ALT key (I guess the clover if you use a mac) and use the keypad on the right to type 0169 which will get you ©.  Most art programs are set to register the input. :3

Critique-related:
I've noticed you have a tendency to stop drawing by the ankles. Which isn't too major, but I admit it gets rather distracting at time when a bit of the art has their lower limbs fading into nothingness. In such cases of sequentional art, its usually better to just use the border-line to straight cut off than to leave them floating like that. Especially in white area.

Abel-related:
One day I am gonna commission a customized Abel nutcracker. :3

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 04, 2009, 08:17:30 PM
Abel-related:
*falls over laughing* Believe me, if I had any skill in metal working, I'd make you one, free of charge.

Wait, did you like it?

Tapewolf

I am not sure if its preference or not knowing how, so I figure I would at least mention in case its the latter. If you want to make the copyright symbol instead of the generic (c), you simply hold down the ALT key (I guess the clover if you use a mac) and use the keypad on the right to type 0169 which will get you ©.  Most art programs are set to register the input. :3
He's not on a Mac, but that trick is an MSDOS/Windows special.  It does, however, work on Linux (sometimes).

...actually, since he's probably got a Cyrillic codepage, it might do something truly weird  :P

Ren Gaulen

Critique-related:
I've noticed you have a tendency to stop drawing by the ankles. Which isn't too major, but I admit it gets rather distracting at time when a bit of the art has their lower limbs fading into nothingness. In such cases of sequentional art, its usually better to just use the border-line to straight cut off than to leave them floating like that. Especially in white area.
I drew the legs that way exclusively because they didn't fit in the original panel. And for some reason I wanted to avoid the cut off effect either. I honestly can't explain why now. :/

..Maybe it's really foggy in there. :B ..Oh gods! It all takes place in Silent Hill! :dface

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 04, 2009, 08:25:06 PM
He's not on a Mac, but that trick is an MSDOS/Windows special.  It does, however, work on Linux (sometimes).

...actually, since he's probably got a Cyrillic codepage, it might do something truly weird  :P
To be honest I added the disclaimer in the last moment, and I completely forgot how to make the © sign. :animesweat

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on February 04, 2009, 08:33:33 PM

To be honest I added the disclaimer in the last moment, and I completely forgot how to make the © sign. :animesweat
For the record, on a Mac, it's "Option" "G." ©.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jairus on February 04, 2009, 08:36:21 PM
For the record, on a Mac, it's "Option" "G." ©.
Actually, that's 'Find Next' in most applications, at least on this machine.   ALT-G did it though - I'll have to remember that.

ShadesFox

I think that it is 169 in Unicode too, so it might work right.  Still, © is being used in this thread a lot now, so you can just copy/paste it from here X3
The All Purpose Fox

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: ShadesFox on February 04, 2009, 08:48:40 PM
Still, © is being used in this thread a lot now, so you can just copy/paste it from here X3
That would be cheating. :P

Amber Williams

Lisky

it's only cheating until someone gets hurt... then it's hilarious... wait... thats not right...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 04, 2009, 09:49:47 PM
Its only cheating if you lose! :U
Statement: I have no idea master. Cheating seems to be only a relevant term when one is caught in the act. Otherwise it is viewed as intelligence, no?
- HK-47

Brunhidden

Abel-related:

if you had said that to me five years ago i could have hooked you up, piece of cake.

and i believe the expression you are trying to pin down is 'its only funny till someone gets caught, then its hilarious' but its so hard to choose the appropriate derivative for the context. i myself prefer 'its only funny till the flying monkeys show up'