[Art] Cheerleader Ziggy

Started by Ren Gaulen, February 10, 2008, 08:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Finally, the picture of Commissar Cross is finished!
I tried to use a new shading technique explained to me by Tape here, but it's hard to see it here. :< Still, I'm happy with the way it turned out! :> I hope you'll like it too. :3

techmaster-glitch

Ohhhhhh yeaaaah. I -love- the face of this one >:3 He's not in the same pose as the other Commisars, but oh well.
The image looks much sharper, too.

Tape, time for another avatar-switch! :3

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Given his height, does he really need to be wearing the platform sole boots, as well?

Lovely pic, though.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

Thanks, everybody! :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 02, 2008, 04:13:26 PM
Done.
For the Emperor! >:O

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
Given his height, does he really need to be wearing the platform sole boots, as well?
All the better to crush the heretical filth with! :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 02, 2008, 04:38:24 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2008, 04:29:10 PM
All the better to crush the heretical filth with! :B

Ah. I must be dirty.

Ren Gaulen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 02, 2008, 05:23:29 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 02, 2008, 04:59:17 PM
You will be cleaned. With fire!
You know just how to please me, don't you? ;-]
I CANNOT PROPERLY PUNISH YOU WHEN YOU'RE ENJOYING IT!! D:<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 02, 2008, 07:07:12 PM
I CANNOT PROPERLY PUNISH YOU WHEN YOU'RE ENJOYING IT!! D:<

I know. Isn't it wonderful? ;-]

Sunblink

In my opinion, this is probably the best Commissar picture yet. I love Cross's uniform to pieces. All of the little details are so intricate and meticulous and Cross looks appropriately sinister. I'm practically at a loss for words. While the shading is a first-time thing for you, I think it's pretty successful so far :3

WHY DO YOU ROCK SO MUCH REN

WHY

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 02, 2008, 08:21:07 PM
In my opinion, this is probably the best Commissar picture yet. I love Cross's uniform to pieces. All of the little details are so intricate and meticulous and Cross looks appropriately sinister. I'm practically at a loss for words. While the shading is a first-time thing for you, I think it's pretty successful so far :3

WHY
Damn, to tell the truth I'm surprised at how well it turned out myself. :3 I cannot answer your question, but I want to thank you for your kind words. Thank you. :3 And I had a lot of fun drawing all those skulls and stuff. I love designing military uniforms. :>

VSMIT

WHY
It's because he works for the Emperor.  The Emperor makes him awesome.

Nice pic, he looks like he wants to just kind of shoot me.  For no reason.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: VSMIT on November 02, 2008, 08:53:57 PM

WHY
I offer my drawing to the Emperor.
I pray that He accepts it.

I offer my pen to the Emperor.
I pray that He directs it.

I offer my ink to the Emperor.
I pray that it quenches His thirst.

I offer my art on the altar of the galleries and forums.
I pray He grants me good comments.

I pray for His inspiration,
As I offer all that I am.

Nice pic, he looks like he wants to just kind of shoot me.  For no reason.
Thanks, and don't worry - he won't shoot for no reason. In fact, he probably already has a good reason to shoot you. Trust me, he always can find one.

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 02, 2008, 09:15:08 PM

WHY
I offer my drawing to the Emperor.
I pray that He accepts it.

I offer my pen to the Emperor.
I pray that He directs it.

I offer my ink to the Emperor.
I pray that it quenches His thirst.

I offer my art on the altar of the galleries and forums.
I pray He grants me good comments.

I pray for His inspiration,
As I offer all that I am.

Imperial Commissartist Ren Gaulen?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Ren Gaulen

Ren Gaulen

THE EMPEROR HAS BESTOWED THE AWESOME UPON ME ONCE AGAIN! PRAISE THE EMPEROR!

Burning Mouse and Pulsar Kaiko. I have finally sketched Jay's personal powered armour. It is completely different from its early concept. It is XBOX HUEG and is capable of destroying even heavy armour. Respect it. And respect Jay who have built this thing. In a cave. With a box of scraps. Kaiko, meanwhile, is showing off her own form of personal defence. She, however, is a firm believer that the best form of defence is offence. Her modified body can transform in several different forms. This is the Pulsar mode, armed with phase blades and a graviton rifle.

techmaster-glitch

*looks in awe*

If that thing is colored and finished in the same way Commisar Cross' was, that would be an awesome overload.

Also: gotta love XBOX HUEG :3

BRING IT ON!

Ren Gaulen

Jairus

:boggle

Wow, Nii-san...

That's amazing! Kaiko looks great too: I don't think I've seen much of her! Who knew a roo-rat could look so badass?

As for the Panzerknecht: It's Iron Monger! Or a Terran Marine from Starcraft. Either way it's just freaking awesome! And we know that Jay is totally wearing his version of the Nova armor underneath it...

... you know. Just in case some bad guy tears the Burning Mouse apart. So he's got a backup.

Anyway... great designs, and I can't wait to see 'em finished, bro! *hugs* Thanks!

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Jairus on November 03, 2008, 12:36:33 AM
:boggle

Wow, Nii-san...

That's amazing! Kaiko looks great too: I don't think I've seen much of her! Who knew a roo-rat could look so badass?

As for the Panzerknecht: It's Iron Monger! Or a Terran Marine from Starcraft. Either way it's just freaking awesome! And we know that Jay is totally wearing his version of the Nova armor underneath it...

... you know. Just in case some bad guy tears the Burning Mouse apart. So he's got a backup.

Anyway... great designs, and I can't wait to see 'em finished, bro! *hugs* Thanks!
Thanks, Jay! :3 And trust me, even a roo-rat can be badass. After all, every roo-rat is a muad'dib deep inside.. >:3 *is gom jabbar'd*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 02, 2008, 04:04:13 PM
I tried to use a new shading technique explained to me by Tape here, but it's hard to see it here.
I missed this earlier.  What technique was it?  Last I remember was telling you how I did the laserdisc and the ion beam cannon effects, both of which I originally found elsewhere...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

While I do love the armor you've given Jairus' character, I think I actually like the style on the other better.  Powered suits like that always struck me as way more cool.  Hard to be subtle when every step you take not only shakes the ground but also has the potential to flatten smaller, innocent lifeforms.  Now the smaller stuff like the power suit that Kaiko seems to be wearing makes more sense.  Stealth is possible and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't leave something like that without a few tricks. 

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 03, 2008, 12:41:19 AM
Thanks, Jay! :3 And trust me, even a roo-rat can be badass. After all, every roo-rat is a muad'dib deep inside.. >:3 *is gom jabbar'd*

I hope you're not expecting us to turn him into a sandworm.

Jairus

Quote from: Mowser on November 03, 2008, 08:16:46 AM
While I do love the armor you've given Jairus' character, I think I actually like the style on the other better.  Powered suits like that always struck me as way more cool.  Hard to be subtle when every step you take not only shakes the ground but also has the potential to flatten smaller, innocent lifeforms.  Now the smaller stuff like the power suit that Kaiko seems to be wearing makes more sense.  Stealth is possible and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't leave something like that without a few tricks. 
Did you follow the link to the Nova armor? Jay's wearing his own version underneath it. It kinda looks like this, just not in SD/Chibi form. It's just that Burning Mouse is designed to kill EVERYTHING, while Nova in Jay's is more of an escape and defense mechanism that can fight back. Don't worry: eventually we'll see Jay in J-Nova armor. I think.

And I like the slimmer suits too. But roo-rats really aren't intimidating unless they're in some massive suit of armor like the Burning Mouse... or at least I thought until I say Kaiko.

One of these days I'll have to read Dune. Maybe then I can get all of the references to it.

Mao

Quote from: Jairus on November 03, 2008, 10:27:01 AM
Did you follow the link to the Nova armor? Jay's wearing his own version underneath it. It kinda looks like this, just not in SD/Chibi form. It's just that Burning Mouse is designed to kill EVERYTHING, while Nova in Jay's is more of an escape and defense mechanism that can fight back. Don't worry: eventually we'll see Jay in J-Nova armor. I think.

And I like the slimmer suits too. But roo-rats really aren't intimidating unless they're in some massive suit of armor like the Burning Mouse... or at least I thought until I say Kaiko.

Yeah, I've seen them.  I personally would opt for a more offense oriented version with possibly a method for either short range flight or greatly enhanced speed.  He who fights and runs away and all...

One of these days I'll have to read Dune. Maybe then I can get all of the references to it.

You really should.  I think you'll enjoy it.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Mowser on November 03, 2008, 10:45:30 AM
I approve of this message. Read the "Dune". Ride the worm. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 03, 2008, 10:53:48 AM
Quote from: Mowser on November 03, 2008, 10:45:30 AM
I approve of this message. Read the "Dune". Ride the worm. :3

... Don't people usually drink it, though?

Ren Gaulen

THE EMPEROR GUIDES MY HAND! :C

..Or is this joke getting old? :. Either way, more sketchy goodness for your viewing pleasure! :>

Girls' Night Out. "A Cyborg, an Angel, a Seraphim and an Elf walk into the bar.." Not funny, I know. Here you can see Kaiko, Keaton, Riona and Iris at some bar, with Lucky (Zedd's character) as a barmaid. Poor Kaiko seems to be both embarrassed by the fact that her companions are acting, well, retarded, and annoyed by the fact that some baldskin chick is stealing her girlfriend. :3

Erril Narin. Just a sketch of one of my characters, Erril Narin. Yes, everyone and their dog has some sort of a powered armour in my setting. :P

VSMIT

Now you have to draw a dog in a powered suit of armor.

KarlOmega1

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius