I AM IRONMAN!

Started by Rakala, January 29, 2008, 10:09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Okay, I just recently saw the previews for the Ironman movie that's coming out. I'm going to see it just to see him flying at mach 7 and awesome fight scenes, but I would like to know other people's thoughts.

Zedd

All in favor this is one movie made by marvel that feels full of hype again say I

Alondro

Well, can't go wrong with Robert Downy, Jr. in the role.

A drunk, spoiled ass playing a drunk, spoiled ass trying to be a hero.

No acting required!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Omega

Quote from: Zedd on January 29, 2008, 11:07:37 AM
All in favor this is one movie made by marvel that feels full of hype again say I
At least this one has a better sound track.

I'm just waiting when they'll become brave enough to put Captain America on wide screen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Omega on January 29, 2008, 02:30:01 PM
I'm just waiting when they'll become brave enough to put Captain America on wide screen.

... needs a belt, does he?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Omega

What? no. I was saying that a character of that patriotic might become a target of hate and disgust. Some people won't be able to criticise him ,because they're afraid that people will see them as unpatriotic and some people will hate him, because he is supposed to be incarnation (of some sort) of America and freedon and such. Who ever would get that part might become a possible terrorist target. The politics would be certainly pulled into it.

Caswin

I actually heard he won't be doing the flying-past-jets thing... but it didn't seem that big to me anyway.

I look forward to it.  And Captain America.  (But no, as has been said, I don't look forward to the public response - I see it getting ugly on both sides.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

thegayhare

The thing that strikes me as odd about this is they just recently released the Ironman animated movie. 

I wonder if that means a Dr Strange movie is going to be put out soon after the animation ,  or do you think they might do an Avengers movie

Rakala

Hold on, Tony Stark wasn't drunk, spoiled, or an ass.

rabid_fox

Related; The Swedish group The Cardigans do a marvellous cover version of Ozzy Osbourne's "Iron Man".

Oh dear.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Rakala on January 29, 2008, 06:09:46 PM

He is, however, a recovering alcoholic.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Omega

In some comics he is.

Alondro

Quote from: Omega on January 30, 2008, 09:57:09 AM
In some comics he is.

It kinda depends on which era of comics you're looking at.  After so many retcons, I'm sure there's eventually going to be one in which he becomes a crossdresser and undergoes a sex-change...

... in which case he'll change his super hero name to "Iron Maiden" 

BA-DUM-DUM!   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Rakala

Quote from: Alondro on January 30, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
It kinda depends on which era of comics you're looking at.  After so many retcons, I'm sure there's eventually going to be one in which he becomes a crossdresser and undergoes a sex-change...

That joke was so bad I need to kill myself now. :crucify

(And yes, suicide by crucifiction is possible, but very difficult)

Fuyudenki

What?  Aww.  And here, I thought he was even cooler than Pete Parker, from the previews.

(In case anyone's missed it, Spider-Man = my favorite superhero of all time)

Azlan

I like this, I have great appreciation for Iron Man.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Omega

Quote from: Azlan on January 30, 2008, 11:43:28 PM
I like this, I have great appreciation for Iron Man.
I like him as a hero, but otherwise he seems a bit snob

Vidar

Quote from: Alondro on January 30, 2008, 10:47:25 AM
Quote from: Omega on January 30, 2008, 09:57:09 AM
In some comics he is.

Bruce Dickinson & co. want a 'word' with you.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Netrogo

Tony Stark has recently (last year) became the Dubya of comic book heroes. He's a complete fucking jack ass in every sense of the word. And yes, to those who haven't clued in, I'm a comic geek who sided against the Superhero Registration bullshit. Fuck the registration act. Fuck the heroes that registered. And lastly, Fuck Ironman.

Anyways comic geek rant asside I'm looking forward to the movie, it looks pretty sweet from the previews and Downey looks like he's got the character spot on.

The only problem I have with it is I think it's horribly cheesy that they're using the 'I am Ironman' song as the theme for the movie. They're only doing that because of one line in the freaking song. I could probably name a dozen songs that'd suit better then that but meh. Just my opinion.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Alondro

I'd register as a supervillain!  But only because I'd be the most powerful being in all universes and no one could ever stop me!   :mwaha

I'd be so powerful, I could make my own retcons!   :mwaha

Meh, I never took comic books seriously... cuz, you know, they're 'comics'.

Not like anime, which is REAL LIFE!!!  Naruto IS the world!  Yes!   >:O

*knows RJ will be pleased*   ;)

Netrogo

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on February 13, 2008, 12:14:22 PM
Quote from: Alondro on February 13, 2008, 12:08:36 PM
*knows RJ will be pleased*   ;)

Suck up :blankstare

Well, I owe her since she's on the look-out for a reputable place that I can get an Ulquiorra Espada outfit.   :P

Netrogo

Quote from: Alondro on February 13, 2008, 02:13:00 PM
Well, I owe her since she's on the look-out for a reputable place that I can get an Ulquiorra Espada outfit.   :P

Ebay?