Super Bowl XLII

Started by Destina Faroda, February 04, 2008, 10:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Did anyone watch the game?

I missed the game, sadly.  I don't like the Giants, but I hate the Patriots FAR more and they were denied in their quest in perfection.  I know Darkmoon is probably mad, but I'm thrilled.  There is justice in the world and the villains finally got their comeuppance on national TV and nearly EVERYONE saw it.

Just like a good soap opera....or wrestling...
Sig coming...whenever...

bill

One of the best I've seen since XXXVIII (Pats-Panthers). Tense as hell, and there was no way I would have bet on Manning making a last-minute drive in any game.

Pagan

I went to a pretty good superbowl party. But most of us were more interested in the commercials than the football. Then the card games started, and almost no one was watching the tv.

Personally, I was rooting for the patriots, but neither team was a favorite of mine, so I didn't care too much.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

lucas marcone

i was pissed the pats got as far as they did (while cheating) and the NFL decided to wat untill after super bowel to do anything about it.

Alondro

I was trimming blueberry bushes from 10 am - 6:00 pm, then went home and sorted through stuff, got ready for work the next day, ate while sending business emails prepping for Anthrocon...

Then I went to sleep.

There was a Super-Bowl yesterday?   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Darkmoon

There's always 2009. Poor Patriots.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Omega

To my European sense of sport, American football seems kinda blunt. As does your baseball and carsport. They consentrade mainly on two things: Speed and straigth, which are, perhaps the most easiest acquirable skills than humans can get. Once you've seen the one game, you've seen them all. Besides, everyone knows that the lad holding the trophy cheats.

Eibborn

Quote from: Omega on February 04, 2008, 04:48:18 PM
To my European sense of sport, American football seems kinda blunt. As does your baseball and carsport. They consentrade mainly on two things: Speed and straigth, which are, perhaps the most easiest acquirable skills than humans can get.
Unlike so many other sports out there, like uh...
/kicks the internet over

Faerie Alex

Although I'll admit, NASCAR & Indy Car racing are much more dull than F1 racing.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

bill

Unlike other people I watch all forms of motorsport without feeling the need to engage in a dickwaving competition as to which series is better  :U

Valynth

To my European sense of sport, American football seems kinda blunt. As does your baseball and carsport. They consentrade mainly on two things: Speed and straigth, which are, perhaps the most easiest acquirable skills than humans can get. Once you've seen the one game, you've seen them all. Besides, everyone knows that the lad holding the trophy cheats.

As opposed to the sheer luck of soccer?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

bill

Yeah it is not like people cheat in soccer or anythi

Azlan

This was a defining moment for the career of Eli.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

lucas marcone

you seem to be forgetting the skill and precision it takes to throw a pass to a man with  at times three other guys trying to make sure he misses all while not getting sacked in the process. add that to the myriad of plays, counter plays, and trick plays and the agility needed to get around the average football player... football is just as skill intenseive as soccar.

that said i LOVE the bluntness of football. it's so satifing to see someone from your team completely mug someone from the other team and not get a "yellow card" soon as the NFL started makeing so many pointless rules it got less fun to watch. and DAMN the indoor stadiums I WANT MY MUDBOWELS BACK!

Zina

Baseball is more about strategy than anything else. Each player has a different strength to bring to the game. Knowing where your teams strengths and weaknesses lie and how they match up against the opposing team is what makes the game so much fun.
At the same time, it can be as boring as hell.
So.
You know.

bill

chess is the only real sport anyway

Zina

One day it will be an Olympic sport. Just like Curling.

Caswin

I caught the tail end.  Enough to see the two passes that turned things around.

"Go epic!  GO EPIC!"
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Zina on February 05, 2008, 08:46:14 PM
One day it will be an Olympic sport. Just like Curling.

Curling owns.

Damaris

It really does.  I love curling.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

JackLee1978

I had my DVR set on timer to record it so I can watch the commercials and the trailers (I had no idea that a Chronicles of Narnia movie was coming out in May), while I watched the Closer marathon on the family TV. After the marathon was over I turned to a news channel and found out the Giants won (YAY), but i didn't hear the score.  Later on I watched it, fastfowarding through the football and the bad commercials and watching the good commercials, trailers and Tom Petty. However, at about the two minute mark the Patriots just scored a touchdown seemingly insuring their win and for the first time in my life I got excited about watching football. And then the recording ended :mowsad

Best commercials and trailers

1.Iron Man trailer
2.Chronicles of Narnia trailer
3.Screaming animals car commercial
4.Deer-Alice Cooper-Richard Simmons commercial
5.Fed-Ex pigeon commercial

Worst comercials
1.Oboma ad (I'm getting sick of hearing about him)
2.The baby ads

Alondro

I saw the commercials afterward on Youtube.

Best one:  the happy singing bug getting eaten by the spider.  BWAH HA HA HA!  Evil critters rule!  Plus, it made Charline run away screaming in terror and I had peace for about 5 minutes.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Miaka

I didn't even know the superbowl was this weekend until the day before it.

but, I'm from Boston, so I sure as hell heard about it the day after.
One guy at school refused to talk the whole day because of it.

...God, I hate sports.
Only ones I can stand to watch hardly even count.