Oh joy... more remakes are planned.

Started by Alondro, January 31, 2008, 01:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Meh... I couldn't care less if the writers ever come off strike at this point.   :rolleyes

Guess Who's Back

Look at the last paragraph to see what else they're planning on re-making.  Ugh.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

All fairness - I loved Carey in "Fun with Dick and Jane". That was a top notch remake.

Mostly though? I get confused when I see the DVDs in the shop. 

Oh dear.

Kenji

I think "Nightmare" sums up most movies lately real nicely.

superluser

On another forum, we were discussing this remake.  Looks like this will be slightly better than the other remakes Hollywood has planned.  And by that, I mean it looks like it will be a complete failure.

Evidence as to why it will fail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxUaadrxuDk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0lJarqCPg0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hodox87bB1s

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Omega

I hate it when they waste their best jokes on those trailers.

What happened to all those writers that dared to do something new and innovaiting?
Or is the fault of those producers that don't want to risk their money on something that hasn't been made hundreds of thimes already?

Alondro

I think the main problem is that people have so little to do and such limited imagination these days that they end up going to see the awful remakes anyway and keep making the studios money.

Why put any effort into it when you can throw out crap without a thought and still get rich?

Just look at how much money Jackass 2 made.  Hell, if I knew being a complete moron on camera would net me $50 million, I'd be stuffing scorpions down my pants too.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Tapewolf

I've taken to referring to them as 'de-makes'.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

FYI, the only new news is the Nightmare remake (which is a travesty). Birds and Near Dark were annnounced over a year ago.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Dannysaysnoo

As long as they get a semi decent replacement for Englund, we should be at least safe.

thegayhare

so long as they don't try to remake my favorite movie of all time...

I swear I might hurt some one if I hear about a remake of the day the earth stood still.

course it would be nice if some people weren't such snobs about there movies.  I know some people who refuse to watch this movie because its ing black and white

superluser

Quote from: thegayhare on January 31, 2008, 01:03:50 PMI swear I might hurt some one if I hear about a remake of the day the earth stood still.

Uh, would you be mad if Keanu Reeves were starring as Klaatu?

If so, please let me get into a protective suit before you click here.

Edit:

Wait, did I misunderstand you?  Because I thought you already knew about this:

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,2317.msg95089.html#msg95089

thegayhare

you knww I had actualy forgotten about that...

*runs off to cry*

*is done crying and storms back in*

Keanu Reeves!!!  Keanu Reeves as Klaatu

THats all the proof I need to know there is no god,  Remaking the movie was a terrible Idea in the first place but casting Keanu as klaatu  thats just rubbing salt into the wound.

I've got to find my axe

bill

Quote from: Kenji on January 31, 2008, 03:43:25 AM
2007 was one of the best years in a long time.

superluser

Kenji

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 31, 2008, 05:30:43 PM
Quote from: Kenji on January 31, 2008, 03:43:25 AM
2007 was one of the best years in a long time.

Just cause something is rated "Not as much @$$ as the years before" doesn't make it anything more than @$$.

bill

k let's see

No Country for Old Men
There Will Be Blood
Michael Clayton
Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Grindhouse
Ratatouille
Sunshine
3:10 To Yuma
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
Across The Universe
Gone Baby Gone
American Gangster

Hell, all of these are A-List. Three (No Country, Diving Bell, and TWBB) are on my fast-list for all-timers. I'm not even including the crowd-pleasers like 300 and Sweeney Todd, both excellent in their own right. No offense, but the whole "Movies suck now" thing is nothing more than the natural "things suck now" urge. This is one of the best eras since the early 90s.

Omega

I don't know any of those on that list!

Cogidubnus

I'm going to have to agree with Bill and say that those are all excellent movies. I would further have to agree with him and say that No Country is also on my list of all-time favorite movies.

Shit, Bill was right about something?  D:

Alondro

Quote from: thegayhare on January 31, 2008, 05:02:08 PM

Keanu Reeves!!!  Keanu Reeves as Klaatu

THats all the proof I need to know there is no god,  Remaking the movie was a terrible Idea in the first place but casting Keanu as klaatu  thats just rubbing salt into the wound.

On the flip side, one could say it's quite strong evidence for the existence of Satan...  >:3

Kenji

Out of that list of movies, I've seen..... none. :B
And the only one I care about is Ratatouille. :B

Sid

Quote from: Omega on January 31, 2008, 07:54:01 PM
I don't know any of those on that list!

Quote from: Kenji on February 01, 2008, 12:21:00 PM
Out of that list of movies, I've seen..... none. :B
And the only one I care about is Ratatouille. :B

Good to know I'm not the only one who just went "...huh?" at that list. xD
:boogie

thegayhare

I recognise most of the titels mentioned but they arn't the sort of movies I watch so it's not a good list for me

Zina

They're remaking The Warriors.
I can't wait. :L

They're also remaking Hellraiser and Footloose.
GOOD TIMES ARE AHEAD.

superluser

Quote from: Zina on February 01, 2008, 05:28:44 PMThey're also remaking Hellraiser and Footloose.

A Hellraiser/Footloose crossover?

I just broke my awesometer.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... what, Pinhead doing the backspin did that to you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Quote from: superluser on February 02, 2008, 04:21:07 AM
Quote from: Zina on February 01, 2008, 05:28:44 PMThey're also remaking Hellraiser and Footloose.

A Hellraiser/Footloose crossover?

I just broke my awesometer.

Nothing would be more amazing.
Nothing.

superluser

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 31, 2008, 07:39:45 PMThere Will Be Blood
[...]
Hell, all of these are A-List. Three (No Country, Diving Bell, and TWBB) are on my fast-list for all-timers.

Having just seen TWBB, let me say that Upton Sinclair sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck.

There was a book that revolved around the American Left literally resurrecting Upton Sinclair every few years in order to have him fight the battles that they cannot, only to see him assassinated over and over.

It seems that the author may be right.

RJ

Day of the Dead remake is coming...

NOOOOOOOO!!!

Goatmon

Quote from: rabid_fox on January 31, 2008, 03:08:06 AMAll fairness - I loved Carey in "Fun with Dick and Jane". That was a top notch remake.

Couldn't agree more.

bill

Carey's best serious role was still in Eternal Sunshine, though.