Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yaksha

Are you guys accepting new members right now?  If so, mind if I bring my demon into this?

Sunblink

Quote from: yaksha on April 14, 2008, 09:13:13 PM
Are you guys accepting new members right now?  If so, mind if I bring my demon into this?

(OOC: Erm... good sir? We are regrettably not accepting new members at the moment since we're quite full, but in the event that we do open applications again, you can always try getting our attention in the OOC thread. It's been created for purposes like this. ;) )

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

E, I'm not sure the beast has a soul in the conventional sense.  Otherwise Cross would just have ripped it out.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 16, 2008, 04:09:59 AM
E, I'm not sure the beast has a soul in the conventional sense.  Otherwise Cross would just have ripped it out.

It's got a soul. You'd have to be able to break the rather powerful curse set on him to remove it, though. And then there's the possibility that Cog would crumble to dust shortly afterward.  :)

e_voyager

i was working under the impression that th soul i say was either cogi's or an aspect of the curse it's self. i have no ideal id my pole with read the wolf however as there is a lot of webbing in the hall and i'm sure that the wolf is not standing still waiting to be hit.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cog,

Point of order, m'lord. Witt is a hedgehog, not a porcupine. Porcupine quills are lengthy and barbed, and snap off in the wound - to the point that the hair-thin ends will continue to work their way deeper and deeper, causing toxic blood poisoning, if left. Hedgehog quills are much shorter, and whilst still relatively sharp, are not as razor-pointed, and are also smooth.

ie, twisting like that will likely cause the quills to drop back out of the holes they created.

Secondly, they're only likely to be on the order of a handspan long.

If you wish, you might want to consider changing the attack slightly; or not, up to you. After all, it's not going to make much difference to the end result - this time, at least.

Curious point, porcupines even have barbs on their willies. Go figure...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

'Twas thinking they were a bit longer than just one hand, but that's fine. And it doesn't really change much, no, so I don't think I'll edit.

Besides, editing after you tell me that would be like cheating.  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Fair enough.

Just wouldn't want you thinking they'd behave and make more damage than they might based on what -I- see them as.

I suspect I need to see if I can draw the blasted character. :-/ Anyone for stick figure art?...

e_voyager

okay i may need to edit my ic post a little. it seems that we have 5 people trying to fight the feral cogi five different ways. Epyon's attack isn't really all that powerful as he's in a bad position standing with his side to the wolf and his power is less the full strength because he's really not good at this type of fighting. whats he's doing is similar to jab a animal through the bars of and odd shaped cage with out hitting the bars. admitting the stick is made of metal  but still it's not really easy to to. it's like a jab rather a strait punch or a hay maker/ upper cut.

still whats stopping me is that we have an ice attack, a jabbing fool , a spider bite and with drawn, a demon pulling as lobo (heh a joke there on so many levels ) and a  kamikaze attacker. oddly enough even as the second attacker  i don't know whats going on.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Paladin Sheppard

FYI guys I'm out of town for the next 4 days have fun posting with out me :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: e_voyager on April 20, 2008, 01:59:03 AM
oddly enough even as the second attacker  i don't know whats going on.

I believe Cog has it in hand. Relax. ;-]

Sunblink

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 20, 2008, 05:19:54 AM

Awwww, see you, Pal. Enjoy yourself.  :hug

~Keaton the Black Jackal

e_voyager

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on April 20, 2008, 05:19:54 AM
take care

e_voyager

cogi is about to be spider thrashed and epyon is to weary mentally to have a good reaction time even if he is away of whats Sal has planed. can some one else intervene on Cogi's behalf?

Aisha deCabre

If I may put in a small bit of nitpickery, Cog, Demon-Aish doesn't wear a cloak. x3

Otherwise, nice post.   :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on May 08, 2008, 10:53:03 AM
If I may put in a small bit of nitpickery, Cog, Demon-Aish doesn't wear a cloak. x3

Otherwise, nice post.   :3

Aw, nuts. I'll fix that.

But thank you, though.

techmaster-glitch

Just reminding everyone that Arcwelder is still alive, well, and bat-shit crazy :3

(though, at the moment, only Cross and maybe Pandora and Ax actually know where he is, if they were listening to Cross. Evereyone else who was involved with him while he was unconcious should still think he's in Pandora's room)

Stygian

Sooooooooooo... Arc complains that we want to just cross 'his' junkyard, but he has no compunctions against ruining Pandora's airship?

I say we start with one finger for every time he tampers with someone else's stuff. Then we move on to bigger things. And perhaps a few burns.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Stygian on May 08, 2008, 08:35:21 PM
Sooooooooooo... Arc complains that we want to just cross 'his' junkyard, but he has no compunctions against ruining Pandora's airship?
He thinks the engine room is his new home now. He doesn't even really realize he's on an airship at all.

Cogidubnus

A note to our passengers: the management would like to assure you that Pandora-crafted airships are the finest airships that exist in Alternate-Furrae, and that there is no good reason why they should crash at all, and that you are completely safe from internal tampering and adjustment as well. We promise.  :)

Stygian

The cake was a lie, Cog. Tell me one good reason that the airship couldn't be too.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Stygian on May 08, 2008, 08:48:00 PM
The cake was a lie, Cog. Tell me one good reason that the airship couldn't be too.

Have I lied to you? In this room?  c:

techmaster-glitch

Just for clarity, the 'metallic groaning sound' was the hull of the airship itself. The metal superstructure of the ship was put under stress due to the flight turbine stall.

Cogidubnus

Tapewolf gets a medal for an excellently phrased response. I laughed.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Dismay?

Well.. perhaps at the waste of alcohol that could be put to much better use by simply drinking it, I suppose....

Cogidubnus

Well, if I couldn't get a ticking timebomb of berserker death unstuck from my shoulder, I might be a little dismayed.  :3
And the alcohol thing, yeah.  ;)

Also, just as a note, people seem to be accepting quite a few things in stride here, and while sometimes that makes things easier on my end, sometimes it does not. Curiosity will not be punished, unless it is. :3
Alternatively, I also understand that it could be something -I'm- doing, in which case, please let me know.

I'd also remind people there what Cog just did is not a Were thing, and indeed, unless your character is extremely versed in obscure curses, would not even know why what just happened, happened.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 15, 2008, 12:26:21 PM
Also, just as a note, people seem to be accepting quite a few things in stride here, and while sometimes that makes things easier on my end, sometimes it does not. Curiosity will not be punished, unless it is. :3
That's part and parcel of Jakob, really... in his case, most of it is deliberate (e.g. he has seen aircraft before, but not in this world, obviously).

For the Cog thing, AFAIK he's still waiting for information about what happened to Cog, how many people he killed, how they killed Cog etc.  I don't think anyone has even said if Cog is still alive.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

For Witt... he's been around enough to know that there are many strange things in the world. However, it's not related to his cup, so he doesn't give a damn.

It occurs to me that I've been thinking "oh, he's got a month before he has to get the big lump detached from his shoulder"; I wish you'd said something earlier, because it seems to me that _Witt_ doesn't know anything of the sort... and some of his reactions might need adjusting.

Now, of course, I have to run with what I have. Less than optimal, but ok.

Hmm. Needs more thought.

And Pandora needs to let Witt know if she wants a drink.

And Witt should probably ask if anyone knows if Cog is going to do that again anytime soon... Quickly, before someone distracts him again...

Cogidubnus

I never said when the timebomb would go off. It could very well be next month - but I imagine it would be something he, and other people for that matter, might be concerned about.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Given Pandora hasn't done what Cog has, I'd guess that we're still in shock.

Maybe Pandora has some clue as to why Cog is such a big boy. You think? ;-]