Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Just as a reminder, Cross is stalled on a reply from Pandora.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

I'm waiting to see when someone's going to find out that Arcwelder escaped. He -was- tied up by some of the other people, I'm sure they will be panicking a little if the realize he's not hog-tied with pretty bows in Pandora's pink room anymore.

e_voyager

Epyon hasn't seen Arc since he was taken upon the ship. as for Epyon he's busy feeding himself and trying to curb his undead hunger. it may work it may not he's been more intensely active in the past few hours then he has in the past week. thats why he's hungry again
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 25, 2008, 12:35:20 AM
I'm waiting to see when someone's going to find out that Arcwelder escaped. He -was- tied up by some of the other people, I'm sure they will be panicking a little if the realize he's not hog-tied with pretty bows in Pandora's pink room anymore.
Yeah, Cross was supposed to mention that to Pandora after she replied.  Since she apparently knows him, and since he evidently knows Pandora, she would be the obvious one to ask.

Tapewolf

Uh, Boogey, I think you and I were supposed to have collided in the corridor.
(I think I may have made my own goof that is now far beyond repair, but we'll have to see)

lucas marcone

i know i haven't been on in a while if you haven't already feel free to write out dani.

techmaster-glitch

Time for llearch to update the char thing...
Hey, check that out! It is updated. ooh, look at this...
(Dani)Unloading his 9mm pistols at Arcwelder whilst Arc is on top of the junkpile; yes, he hasn't posted in that long.

Oh an uh, llearch, Arcwelder is 'upgraping' the engines? :giggle What, is he shoving grapevines up the tailpipes?

(and another less significant edit, his black eye is now gone, he has an empty eye socket there now)

Tapewolf

Seriously, I can't do much until we clarify where Cross is and whether he has or has not run into Ty.  Llearch seems to have gone with ignoring the event entirely, so I might have to follow suite.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ty ignored it; I was merely responding to Ty.

Since that doesn't state whether Cross was there or not, it's still a bit vague...

(yes, I'm not deliberately ignoring you, Tapewolf. Accidentally, possibly, but not deliberately)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stygian

Aeckskuse mee, Tapes, but I'm damned impressed if Cross can actually sense Sal's emotions at all. As it says in her description, and as Pal has already demonstrated through Paige, she's pretty much had her emotions obscured to the outside world, to the point where they're strange and unrecognizable.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on April 03, 2008, 07:04:03 PM
Aeckskuse mee, Tapes, but I'm damned impressed if Cross can actually sense Sal's emotions at all. As it says in her description, and as Pal has already demonstrated through Paige, she's pretty much had her emotions obscured to the outside world, to the point where they're strange and unrecognizable.

Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask you about that.  You said that people can't hear her thoughts, but emotions is another matter.  I'll remove that line.

As he said it he realised that the spider's emotions were somehow wrong.  A twinge of guilt began to manifest itself as he realised it was just possible that she might not have been attacking them after all.

Stygian

Thank you. And no, not hear her thoughts. Her emotions they can feel, but they seem muddled and mostly unrecognizable. Unsurprisingly, while Cubi can still siphon some value of nutrition from them, they seem to 'taste' pretty bad. Like ice cream and hot dogs with mustard together, for a simple example.

e_voyager

if the moon is this hard on Cogi i can't help but wonder what Pandora is going through. even if her species isn't ties too the moon like wolfs and k9's tend to be.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

It's not a Were-specific reaction, it's a Cog-specific reaction.

It's mentioned in his profile that it's not a result of his being a Were, necessarily, but of him being a Were and also being cursed quite some time ago. It's responsible for both his long life and his unfortunate affliction.

e_voyager

I remember glancing through the whole lycanthropy - were thing but i don't remember the species of the cure that was placed on him aside for the whole i must kill thing and that it mad him kill his parents. Lycanthropy is what people tend to call werewolfism so i kind of mushed the cures and his species together.

Sunblink

Besides, Pandora's an Imperial Woodpecker. If by some odd occurrence she does become a monstrosity, what's she going to do? Peck on all our heads until we start getting really irritated? :B

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have to say, I'm mildly worried by what Cog is going to do.

If he runs past Witt, Witt's first reaction is going to be to attack, which isn't going to do either of them a lot of good. :-(

I'd -like- to say we look for an intercom, and to lock the door, but...

Tapewolf

Cross' first priority is to lead Cog away from Keaton, maybe lead him into the engine room or something and then disappear.  Then, since Pandora and Keaton are the only friends/associates Cog has that Jakob knows about, he'd want to ask them if they know about this tendency and what can be done.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2008, 07:50:05 AM
Cross' first priority is to lead Cog away from Keaton, maybe lead him into the engine room
:eek Oh dear, Arcwelder is not going to be happy about that...but the real problem is he won't be able to help jack-sh*t because he hasn't gotten his zombiebots back (which he still needs to spend a good amount of time repairing).

But I'm not complaining. If anything, this will be interesting. Gives me a chance to play out Arcwelder more (not that there's much to play, like I said before, he's basically a Splicer :B).

e_voyager

at the moment i'm trying to figure out if he's run past epyon or not as i was in the corror as well. did Cross run towards or away form the galley as i was away from the galley and Witt was towards the galley.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 10, 2008, 07:44:30 AM
If he runs past Witt, Witt's first reaction is going to be to attack, which isn't going to do either of them a lot of good. :-(

Probably not, no - but I wouldn't worry about it. ;3 Of course, Witt's going to need more than hot sauce and knives at this point, or even a .45...

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 10, 2008, 07:50:05 AM
Cross' first priority is to lead Cog away from Keaton, maybe lead him into the engine room or something and then disappear.  Then, since Pandora and Keaton are the only friends/associates Cog has that Jakob knows about, he'd want to ask them if they know about this tendency and what can be done.

It'sa good plan. Disappearing might be hard, unless you can mask sight, scent, and breathing, though.
As far as your post, though, just to answer a few questions...

Shooting it isn't going to do much, even with a .45 revolver, except for maybe piss it off. Messing with it's molecular structure, while inventive and probably fatal for anything, might not work, as it's got quite a bit of magical resistance in it. And if you did try to steal its soul, you'd get the nastiest magical backlash Johan'd probably ever felt - you can't suck the Wolf out of Cog, unless you have the ability to break the rather old and hideously powerful curse that's been laid on him. You might be able to suck Cog's soul out, mind, but then that wouldn't really help you much.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 10, 2008, 10:03:59 AM
It'sa good plan. Disappearing might be hard, unless you can mask sight, scent, and breathing, though.

Sight and breathing, definitely.  Scent... maybe, maybe not.  Either way, I was thinking more along the lines of teleporting back to the cockpit.

QuoteMessing with it's molecular structure, while inventive and probably fatal for anything, might not work, as it's got quite a bit of magical resistance in it.
The other problem is that a lethal dose is liable to take hours to kill it, even assuming it can't self-repair its DNA like some creatures are supposed to be able to.

QuoteAnd if you did try to steal its soul, you'd get the nastiest magical backlash Johan'd probably ever felt - you can't suck the Wolf out of Cog, unless you have the ability to break the rather old and hideously powerful curse that's been laid on him. You might be able to suck Cog's soul out, mind, but then that wouldn't really help you much.
Noted.  Either way, he's already realised that he can't do any of these things without damaging the mission.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 10, 2008, 10:03:59 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 10, 2008, 07:44:30 AM

Probably not, no - but I wouldn't worry about it. ;3 Of course, Witt's going to need more than hot sauce and knives at this point, or even a .45...

hmmm.

There's hot sauce in the kitchen... ;-]

llearch n'n'daCorna

Don't worry, he says. Not a problem, he says.

-.-

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 13, 2008, 08:59:26 AM

Don't worry, he says. Not a problem, he says.

-.-

Oh, don't worry. I have something in mind here.  :3

Also, Jakob, if you want to do something to try and escape, I wouldn't worry about breaking Cog. Really. Contemplating how easily it would be for himself to escape...well, Cross is usually composed, I suppose. Being pounced on by three hundred pounds of nightmarish teeth and claws, and slammed into a metal wall, isn't exactly a love tap.
If Jakob thinks he can escape, or kill Cog, by all means.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 13, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
Oh, don't worry. I have something in mind here.  :3

I'm not worried about me. I'm worried for Witt's continued survival. ;-]

I may post something a little later. Watch this (or, more correctly, that) space.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 13, 2008, 12:13:39 PM
Also, Jakob, if you want to do something to try and escape, I wouldn't worry about breaking Cog. Really. Contemplating how easily it would be for himself to escape...well, Cross is usually composed, I suppose. Being pounced on by three hundred pounds of nightmarish teeth and claws, and slammed into a metal wall, isn't exactly a love tap.
I'm not quite sure what you meant there since you seem to be saying both that he's trapped and that it would be easy for him to escape - I suspect a typo somewhere.

QuoteIf Jakob thinks he can escape, or kill Cog, by all means.

Well, I'd be a little surprised if shrinking to the size of a large dog wouldn't break its grasp (think Aary's poodle).  His current plan is still to lead it away, but this time on four feet instead of two.

As for killing it, is that actually a go-ahead to use lethal force on your character?  e.g. if killing the beast reverts Cog to his normal (unharmed) self, or are you saying it is futile?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 02:01:29 PM
I'm not quite sure what you meant there since you seem to be saying both that he's trapped and that it would be easy for him to escape - I suspect a typo somewhere.

No, what I mean is, instead of thinking about all the different ways of escaping, he might try escaping. :3

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2008, 02:01:29 PM
Well, I'd be a little surprised if shrinking to the size of a large dog wouldn't break its grasp (think Aary's poodle).  His current plan is still to lead it away, but this time on four feet instead of two.

As for killing it, is that actually a go-ahead to use lethal force on your character?  e.g. if killing the beast reverts Cog to his normal (unharmed) self, or are you saying it is futile?

>:3

It's a go ahead, yeah.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 13, 2008, 02:10:32 PM
It's a go ahead, yeah.

Cool.  I'm assuming that the Cog-monster doesn't ignore Witt entirely, by the way - if you think otherwise, let me know and I'll amend that.

Tapewolf

It's quite likely that Cross, unconscious, will revert to his base form.  This may be useful to whoever writes Pandora and the others in the cockpit.