Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Pal - No, I don't think anybody wants you to go. I don't want anybody to go, although if you want to leave, that is another matter. So, no, it's alright.  :)

Paladin Sheppard

Thanks Cog I just seem to be in a rut and can't get out...

Sunblink

Quote from: Cogidubnus on February 06, 2008, 05:53:47 PM
Pal - No, I don't think anybody wants you to go. I don't want anybody to go, although if you want to leave, that is another matter. So, no, it's alright.  :)

I agree wholeheartedly with my Co-GM. :) Honestly, I've been in a bit of a rut myself. Ruts suck. D:

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Scartherogue

ummm.... i hope i am not intruding or anything but i wish to join your RP... that ok? if i am approved i will submit my profile.

Tapewolf

QuoteCross was standing close behind Keaton and demanding why she persisted in continuing their possibly foolhardy trek through the junkyard.

It wasn't so much demanding as pleading.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

So let's dispel it, he thought and a faint puff of nothing shimmered out from his hand towards the thing.
Is that a dispelling spell, Tape? Just need clarification.

And just my two cents, but I seriously doubt that dispelling is that easy. If it was, you guys wouldn't have had so much trouble with the Harpist or Izria.

And llearch, I'm having a little trouble following what your character did.

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 06, 2008, 08:11:25 PM
Is that a dispelling spell, Tape? Just need clarification.

It is indeed.  If you want me to re-edit it, remind me again in about 9 hours.

**EDIT**

And as for how easy it is to dispel them, Abel seemed to think it was fairly easy:
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_607.php
...and he's half Cross' age.  Of course, it probably depends on the strength of the spell you're removing (which should be fairly weak since it was cast by a Being).  But I don't expect Cross to have the stamina to dispel them all.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2008, 08:05:20 PM
QuoteCross was standing close behind Keaton and demanding why she persisted in continuing their possibly foolhardy trek through the junkyard.

Ah, my apologies. I'll fix that then.

EDIT: Fix'd.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 06, 2008, 08:05:20 PM

Oh, I suspect it was. Keaton would take it as demands, though. ;-]

(just a guess...)

tech:
fired six shots, two at each of three random nearest monsters, aiming for eyes.
attempted to knock the nearest over.
leapt over it, grabbed another one, threw it at a third.
kicked a fourth in the face, then spun it around and hammered it into a fifth.
then reloaded, fired all six shots up at Arc, and reloaded again.
Put his J&W .45 revolver away, and shouted.
then looked around to see what happened.

Make more sense now?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

techmaster-glitch

Yes. It seemed something like that. Just needed to make doubly sure.

EDIT: Oh, by the way Stygian;
Then she looked to the mole mage, stamped the ground with her boot, and pointed and gestured violently back toward the front entry from where they had come
The party is way too far away from that for it to now be a viable option. That and the entire party is surrounded.

Cogidubnus

Just to make sure that there is no confusion, I'm strongly suggesting to run again.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, tape.

Classy. Wonderfully in character, and smart, and clever, and sneaky.

I'm rolling in the aisles, here, laughing over it. And boy, did I need a good laugh.

('course, I'm not so sure they'll fall for it, but hey, worth a try...)

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 07, 2008, 06:53:53 AM
('course, I'm not so sure they'll fall for it, but hey, worth a try...)

I don't know if you caught the revised version, but I've added a logical chain that allows Cross to be convinced Arc is Pandora.  Frankly, I'm not sure he believes it, but it gives him plausible deniabiliy.

e_voyager

i don't know where they came from or why they saved up but i know that they scare me. i second Cogi's suggestion to run and run now.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

This was an accidental post in the wrong thread.

**EDIT**

Snuggles, I think you may be a little late to that party.  The battle is halted and Cross is now talking to the Mers, so I'm not sure I can fit that particular piece of interaction in  :<

Snuggles

heh... thanks for the head up Tape... I change my post.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Snuggles on February 07, 2008, 02:36:29 PM
heh... thanks for the head up Tape... I change my post.

No problem.

As for the others contemplating flight, Cog simply seems to have bolted out of blind panic.
For those who still have their senses, I'm not quite sure how running is going to help unless you can outrun lightning  :B

e_voyager

i'm counting on how people tend to forget i'm around try and hid myself them play dead. after all i can do it fairly well. and i'm not that important to anyone in the group. so they shouldn't notice me if the mer's don't and with the mer's killing as mans of arc's friends as the did i might just escape that nightmarish junkyard clinging to my so called life.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Mmph.  I think I read every paragraph of Aisha's post except the one where she reveals her wings.  If no-one minds, I think I'll go back and add a reference to it.

Aisha deCabre

Nobody minds.  But I didn't think I hid the paragraph that well.   :P
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Cog,

I've presumed that we're more or less standing with our backs to a junkpile, surrounded by a C of Mer, standing 3-4 rows deep... *cough*

So.. Witt is ploughing into the middle, probably towards one end, and is clearing out that end. That leaves somewhere between half and two-thirds of the Mer for everyone else.

I don't expect him to -reach- the end without trouble happening, but his game plan remains more or less intact - leap into the pile and start throwing it in all directions, and chances are most of those he's throwing are going to have trouble getting up again.

I leave it to you and Keats to decide the fallout. ;-]

e_voyager

that's some game plan. let me know how it works out for you. i'm going to hide and strike when i think i have and advantage if i can't find a opening to run. my undead status as far as i know can't protected me from lighting. well time to catch up with the IC thread

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on February 08, 2008, 05:42:42 AM
my undead status as far as i know can't protected me from lighting. well time to catch up with the IC thread

I'm assuming that the dead Mer was the only one with the lightning power.  If not, we're doomed  :U

e_voyager

Well i've caught up and found that there is no where to run. Found that  the mer leader is dead. and found that with the Mer's in disarray it's my best chance to fight my way out of this dead trap with my Sai's and i'm to scared no to go full force again these creatures..

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2008, 05:58:17 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on February 08, 2008, 05:42:42 AM
my undead status as far as i know can't protected me from lighting. well time to catch up with the IC thread

I'm assuming that the dead Mer was the only one with the lightning power.  If not, we're doomed  :U
Well, maybe you should have RAN when Cog first suggested it, hmmm? >:3

In fact, because everyone is now fighting the Mer, you have completely screwed up the whole reason they are there.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Have we?

Y'know, since Keats was the one calling for their death and all...

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 08, 2008, 09:17:15 AM
Well, maybe you should have RAN when Cog first suggested it, hmmm? >:3

In fact, because everyone is now fighting the Mer, you have completely screwed up the whole reason they are there.

Running wouldn't even have been futile, since you cannot outrun lightning.  It would have been suicide, plain and simple.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 08, 2008, 09:27:31 AM
Y'know, since Keats was the one calling for their death and all...
I honestly don't know what that was about.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2008, 09:27:42 AM
Running wouldn't even have been futile, since you cannot outrun lightning.  It would have been suicide, plain and simple.
I'm pretty sure the sniped leader was supposed to give you enough distraction to run. You didn't need to look to Keaton for it.

It's just that you guys weren't supposed to fight them. The reason they were there was so that you wouldn't have to fight anything. Now that you are, Cog did an ass-pull for nothing.