Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Daimien on January 16, 2008, 10:15:13 PM
Damn, go figure being deaf would be one of the best ways to beat him and crocodiles can close their "ears" so as not to get water in them when they dive, but I never said he had that ability. I'm not just gonna say he does it now, even more so after reading the character profile.
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 16, 2008, 10:16:28 PM
Interesting profile indeed.

There's something I just have to point out, as a joke.  It must be a record to have three black jaguars in the same RP.   :rolleyes

Being deaf wouldn't help you with the Deadly Melody - that doesn't require the listener to hear it. It would help with the other things, though.
Also, if crocodiles can close their ears, and Sheebus is a crocodile, he very would could close his ears. I wouldn't consider that 'adding' an ability.

And really? Neat! Do we win anything?  :3

Tezkat

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 16, 2008, 10:03:00 PM
That's the guy.

Hmm... that was slightly more detail than I was expecting, but okay. :animesweat

If my guy ever has enough breathing room to introduce himself, I'll put up some info about his reputation(s) as well.

QuoteJust to let you know, Tez, he hadn't even seen Mask before you said something. Tez's...uniqueness means that he can slip through a crack in his sight. He sees physical objects and consciousnesses - however, not having a body, Mask is as far as I can see an illusion, with a mind - he doesn't often run into a seventh of a consciousness with no body.  :3

Based on your description of his abilities, I might think "ghost" or some similarly incorporeal entity would be his first guess.

Mask is on a scouting operation at the moment, as it were, trying to discern the limits of the Harpist's interesting abilities for when they have to fight for real. I might also add that putting on a show like that in public is somewhat out of character for him, and certainly a bit surprising to Edge and Fang. Of course, that would get them worried that he has an ulterior motive they don't know about... >:]

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on January 16, 2008, 10:16:28 PM
There's something I just have to point out, as a joke.  It must be a record to have three black jaguars in the same RP.   :rolleyes

'Cuz we rock. :kittycool On the other hand, it does make it a little more difficult to refer to oneself as "the black jaguar". :animesweat

Linos is too cool to kill. We should hire him and take over the world together. :kittydevious

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Stygian

Honestly, I don't think he'd get along too well with you, Tez. If the guy's somewhat tragic and solemn, and at the same time feels a need for a family...

Oh, and you're giving off some pretty strong 'I feel pretty' vibes right now, just so you know. XD

I don't know why I'm writing this, really, other than a feeling that I am somehow obliged to as you all seem to be spewing out comments here at machinegun pace. I just hope that my last post didn't screw up too many plans and at the same time doesn't get ignored in the commotion. If needed, I can revise it, as usual.

Tezkat

Quote from: Stygian on January 16, 2008, 10:30:43 PM
Honestly, I don't think he'd get along too well with you, Tez. If the guy's somewhat tragic and solemn, and at the same time feels a need for a family...

But... but... we could feel each other's pain and write angsty poetry together... :3

Oh, and you're giving off some pretty strong 'I feel pretty' vibes right now, just so you know. XD

I believe that was intentional. To heck with winning--combat is just a stage for looking cool! :kittycool

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

lucas marcone

Quote from: Stygian on January 16, 2008, 10:30:43 PM

I don't know why I'm writing this, really, other than a feeling that I am somehow obliged to as you all seem to be spewing out comments here at machinegun pace. I just hope that my last post didn't screw up too many plans and at the same time doesn't get ignored in the commotion. If needed, I can revise it, as usual.

that and Dani would get annoyed so fast he'd break the gitaur over both your heads  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on January 16, 2008, 10:36:55 PM
I believe that was intentional. To heck with winning--combat is just a stage for looking cool! :kittycool
Yes, but pretty corpses make Jakob cry :<

Quote from: Tezkat on January 16, 2008, 10:26:29 PM
I might also add that putting on a show like that in public is somewhat out of character for him, and certainly a bit surprising to Edge and Fang. Of course, that would get them worried that he has an ulterior motive they don't know about... >:]
You have multiple personalities that conspire against each other?  Awesome!

QuoteLinos is too cool to kill. We should hire him and take over the world together. :kittydevious
He seems he might be a bit too powerful to take whole, which would be a shame.  I wonder if we could simply make him a better offer...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 05:39:42 AM

He said that already. Didn't you read the initial profile he put in? ;-]

He seems he might be a bit too powerful to take whole, which would be a shame.  I wonder if we could simply make him a better offer...

I'm not sure we could, and I suspect that he'd refuse it. After all, what's the use of money if you're not around to spend it? And you can bet that Don Sabanethei would be a dab hand at making sure you're not around to spend it.

After all - even if Keats was his pet sasswot, he had Bizzy Izzy and Guitar Hero around as well. What's to say he doesn't have more of them - enough to take even all three of these out? Well... two. I don't think Bizzy Izzy will want to team up with Keats - she seemed to take enough pleasure in hammering Keaton into a pulp...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 17, 2008, 07:02:20 AM
He said that already. Didn't you read the initial profile he put in? ;-]
Of course.  Now remembering it is a different matter  >:3

e_voyager

as he says we all have human limitations . as such i need to point out that my post was flawed. i wrote "curving arc in the on crashing the rat to the ground." i meant to write "curving arc intent on crashing the rat to the ground. "  and i can't tell you how many fine details i've forgotten about the races and other players characters by now.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

Quote from: Tezkat on January 16, 2008, 10:36:55 PM

Huh. I really hope that doesn't implicitly mean that you actively strive toward making it so that Tez never looks bad or seems in the wrong. Because if you ask me that misses the point of realism, no matter how romantic it may be.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 07:10:23 AM
Of course.  Now remembering it is a different matter  >:3

How are we supposed to play if we keep forgetting people? I realize that thirteen players might be hard to keep check on, and that this battle seems to have messed things up, but we can't ignore certain things.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on January 17, 2008, 07:33:13 PM
How are we supposed to play if we keep forgetting people?
Where did you get that from?  I forgot one of the details of one the many characters (Tezkat alone effectively having several).

QuoteI realize that thirteen players might be hard to keep check on, and that this battle seems to have messed things up, but we can't ignore certain things.
If you can remember, on tap, the minutae of every single character, I'd like you to teach me how sometime.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 17, 2008, 07:45:09 PM
If you can remember, on tap, the minutae of every single character, I'd like you to teach me how sometime.

OCD. ;-]

lucas marcone

damn llearch ya beat me to the punch

Stygian

If it would not be so difficult and inconvenient, I might. Not to mention that certain things can't be taught.

Now, excuse me. I need to smack myself a good bit for sounding so critical and as if I'm bragging.

Where did you get that from?  I forgot one of the details of one the many characters (Tezkat alone effectively having several).
I got that from the recent posts where people seemed to completely ignore Sal's web-stringing maneuver. The one that I executed hoping that it would be convenient to you all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on January 17, 2008, 07:55:59 PM
If it would not be so difficult and inconvenient, I might. Not to mention that certain things can't be taught.
Now, excuse me. I need to smack myself a good bit for sounding so critical and as if I'm bragging.
Apology accepted  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 17, 2008, 07:52:46 PM
damn llearch ya beat me to the punch

That would be sitting here hitting refresh. ;-]

Tapewolf

Question: How much of Keaton's acid trip is real?  Is she really in a sidestreet hallucinating an owl, or just lying on the floor and frothing?

lucas marcone

If you can remember, on tap, the minutiae of every single character, I'd like you to teach me how sometime.

I got that from the recent posts where people seemed to completely ignore Sal's web-stringing maneuver. The one that I executed hoping that it would be convenient to you all.

i can guarantee that when Sal makes herself known to him Dani won't be able to ignore her.

Lushin

One thing Keaton, Sheabus has never actually killed anyone. He's injured many and almost killed people, but he's never actually killed anyone. He didn't even killed the men that killed his parents. He put them in the hospital but didn't kill them.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Tapewolf

Nothing to do with forgetting that Tezkat's multiple personalities infight, then...

No, I've read your post about five times but aside from Keaton's acknowledgement that Izria has been immobilised (which came later), I couldn't see anything relevant to what my character was doing, so I didn't see a need to have Cross respond to it.

Sunblink

Quote from: Daimien on January 17, 2008, 08:28:08 PM
One thing Keaton, Sheabus has never actually killed anyone. He's injured many and almost killed people, but he's never actually killed anyone. He didn't even killed the men that killed his parents. He put them in the hospital but didn't kill them.

Oh, righto then. I'll make the adjustments - sorry for any inconvenience.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stygian,

At this stage, I think we're waiting for Cog and Keats to depict what effect our actions have had. That's Salticia's webs, Paige's shield, the arrow that Aisha fired at Izzy, Edge's attack on the Green Goblin's shield, Epyon's attack on the rat Mook, Sheabus' crazed charge on the Guitar Hero, the gunshots from Dani (sure, those are probably bouncing off the shield, but it's nice to at least acknowledge them), Penny's sneaking off, Fal'taq's last set of bolts, ... I think that's most of the current action, but I might have missed some.

It's not exactly what you might call a clear-cut situation. I expect a certain amount of waffling back and forth in time as we try to explain what everyone is doing all at once. *shrug*

Lushin

You know the Harpist maybe in alittle bit more trouble than he was in before. That moment he was the maddest he has even been in his life. On top of how annoyed he is now, he may now be willing to kill.
Also I'm gonna wait til Cog posts before I post. I may not survive long enough to feel anything.
I should have said he was a Demon or something. That way he could do something totally cool instead of just chargeing with his sword.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

e_voyager

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 17, 2008, 08:41:37 PM
Stygian,

At this stage, I think we're waiting for Cog and Keats to depict what effect our actions have had. (snip) (snip)
It's not exactly what you might call a clear-cut situation. I expect a certain amount of waffling back and forth in time as we try to explain what everyone is doing all at once. *shrug*

indeed that's exactly how i feel and why i'm waiting i have a good ideal where the people are this time and who's trying to do that but i feel frozen in time uncertain as to who succeeds and who gets in who's way. while my pole break the barrier or will it bounce off? that i need to know as it may be enchanted to be incredibly hard  with some flexibility and size change capability(that's how it extends and retract into an 11 inch plow when not in use) but it's not twink edge. it stays a pole and does not become a sword or dagger or gun or anything like that.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

e_voyager

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 18, 2008, 03:08:05 AM
Well played, Cog, well played.

agreed. very well played and now (that i've caught up with the post that were made some while l was reading this thread) i must consider the best way to figure out whats going through his head. probably something concerning his long lost family

Tapewolf

Not to put a damper on it, but I'm kind of lost.  There's a bit too much happening here in the Keaton-Cog posts for me to form a coherent mental image, and indeed I have no idea where Cross is or whether the building he was on or around still exists.  (Or even the street)

To be blunt, some of the descriptions are kind of vague.  From Cog's post I'm assuming that Keaton has actually moved away and isn't just hallucinating, but we have no idea who or what Wilson's weapon is being aimed at.  Has he just destroyed the street and killed three quarters of the players?

So, I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to react to this.  It will take quite a while to digest properly, yet alone come up with a response.  Looking at other people's posts, I don't think I'm alone as everyone who has posted so far seems to have simply ignored most of what's happened  :B

e_voyager

while i'm not certain the direction the weapon is aimed i know it it a line of sight weapon. so it's wither point toes the mainland or out to sea. my guess is out to see. as it this the weasel that was about to  give me a gaping chest cavity i'm guess it's  attack is a circle or sphere  with a one meter radius. judging form the damage i say it was aimed form the ticker  an the only direct  hit was the npc weasel that  and it brushed past almost  everyone else

i made the map click able.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd say pretty much everyone has been blown backwards into the walls, and the shot that Wilson fired has cleared the centre of the street fairly effectively - either by vaporising, or by concussive effects.

The Green Goblin is down, knocked out or knocked over. The Guitar Hero is down. The Mooks have all been accounted for - the first by a mage bolt from Fal'taq, the second by club to the head from Epyon, the third by, well, vaporisation. Izzy is locked down, although her cage may well have been fractured by the BFG.

And the fuzz are here, albeit momentarily distracted. I'd say we all should notice Keats making tracks for the alleyway, and do the Bug-Out Boogie after her.

Pity, really. I don't think there's time to loot the Mook corpses...

(Incidentally, Cog, Witt's head is behind some boxes. Which are promptly going to be hit by a couple of mage bolts, and suffer a total existence failure any moment now... I'm not sure Witt will notice, though.)

e_voyager

the way i see it the battle has reached a turning point  as well things should calm down soon. after all the wasp girl is webbed into place and the wolf is off the the side tended to by a spider woman. too bad she can't speak. i'm sure her venom would maker excellence anti toxin and poison for dipping the bounty hunters arrows.