Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

Izria has fans?

That's the exact opposite of what I've been trying to achieve! Oh nooooooooo! D:

Seriously though, thank you. :) I should probably draw Izria at some point...

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

CC bowed out, and is pretending not to know the rest of us.
Cogidubnus is KO.
Arcwelder hasn't joined the fracas yet.
Keats is pretty much out of it at present.
And Salticia hasn't joined our merry band yet.

That leaves 12 left attacking, and that's split between Izzy, the three Khmer Rouge associates, and the Green Shirt.

I think, between them, the CR is possibly several levels above what we can manage. We might get a couple of the guys in the red ties, but that'd be about it. That mage is looking pretty tough, and Miss Izzy pulling magic out of the hat is making this much much harder than it first appeared.

Not that that's going to stop Witt from flying back into the fray, of course. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lushin

Don't mind Sheabus. He's more than likely gonna get himself killed trying to take on the musician.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Cogidubnus

Just to avoid confusion - the mage and the musician are different people. One is a melanistic jaguar - one is a white fox. And believe me when I say that the musician is just a musician.

Honest. :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yah. And able to bounce away a random fireball? Yeah, right.

The RP page is updated, by the way. Styg is now on it, and I -think- I'm up to date. There's also a fight summary at the bottom.

Edit:
Oh, yes. I also tagged genders on the list. Let me know if I screwed any up.

techmaster-glitch

I notice you didn't tag Arcwelder...Not that I'm upset, if anything, I might prefer it this way :3 but what made you decide that? That he's part zombified machine, or that I haven't posted with him yet? Or something else?

Cogidubnus

Marcone,

In your profile there is not any mention of a mutant healing factor - and although in your post you state that "it wasn't nearly as fast as myth would have you believe", that sounds dangerously close to giving your character a power or strength you did not mention. As far as his character sheet reflects, he heals just as fast as everyone else.
I don't mind him healing a little faster than most, but I do mind if it's something that's going to benefit him moments after being shot. Which brings me to my second point.

If he did just get shot multiple times with a large-caliber submachine gun, I'm wondering how he's standing at this point. To quote, "Many bullets simply went through him while a few embedded themselves in the muscles in his chest and his bones."
I don't mind having characters being tough sunsaguns. But really now. It's a tough bastard indeed who takes 'many' .45cal shots to the body and keeps on truckin'. Even conservatively estimating five shots in total, that is a lot of damage to simply soak, especially for an old man (your character sheet indicates that Dani is 67, and Were's don't live any longer than most beings, even in this continuity).

You may want to consider revising your post, or clarifying.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 13, 2008, 02:04:15 AM
I notice you didn't tag Arcwelder...Not that I'm upset, if anything, I might prefer it this way :3 but what made you decide that? That he's part zombified machine, or that I haven't posted with him yet? Or something else?

A little of column A, a little of column B. ;-]

Also I kinda overlooked him a little bit. Sorry about that.

Tapewolf

I have a bit of a problem with the physics in Keaton's post:

A deafening gunshot alerted her to the presence of the bullet roaring in her direction, which she flung her forearm towards

...the problem with that is that bullets travel supersonic (the gunshot being the sonic boom), so she'd only hear it after it hit.  If she's not going to be hit, you really need to pick another reason.  Or at least, another way for her to detect it  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 05:45:25 PM
Who isn't really all that short, comparatively. I'm pondering doing a retcon, with manglement's permission, and shaving another 6 inches off his height...

Nah... 5'2" is already pretty short for a guy of that bulk, even though we have a few shrimps who are even shorter. At 4'8", you'd be wide open to big-belted dwarf jokes. >:] He's nearly a head shorter than Tez's base form, which is enough for Edge to think of him as "short".

Hmm... I just realized that all the other big boys are over 6' tall, which puts Tez at the bottom of the pack, too. :dface Ah, well... dark and handsome are two out of three, at least. Maybe I'll compensate with an extra long sword or something. :3

So... hmm... Tez's fighting style is all about smoke and mirrors--mind games that rely as much on showmanship and misdirection as magic or shapeshifting. The prestidigitatory tricks are supposed to deceive enemies, but I suppose I run the risk of confusing the players/GMs as well. :animesweat

In case it wasn't clear: Edge (who had been in control of the jaguar body all this time) went invisible after landing and dove for cover. His replacement (who's currently showing off a ridiculous ability to dodge and parry bullets) is Mask--or more specifically Mask's illusionary form. That's slightly different from his normal (and not so normal :3) illusionary magic. Since it isn't obvious how guitar guy "sees", here's a more detailed description of the ability:

Mask's illusion morphing power creates a false sensory field (a kind of reality-warping mirage rather than a mental attack). The innate clan ability is not strictly magical but can be affected by effects that hamper shapeshifting or extradimensional interaction, as well as by magic that explicitly affects illusions or incorporeal entities. It can manifest complete visual, auditory, olfactory, and thermal components but cannot directly interact with the physical world. Thus, he can't damage opponents, and any interactive senses (such as echolocation, radar, or physical contact) will reveal nothing there. He does, however, radiate thoughts, emotions, and aura unless he takes measures (magical and/or telepathic) to shield them. Ironically, Mask has no physical senses of his own in this form and relies on others' eyes to see what he's doing. As with creating physical avatars, Mask needs to draw off a portion of Tezkat's life force to manifest illusionary constructs (which, as usual, can't be healed/restored until he returns it).

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

I missed a chunk from the end of Keaton's post.  Mine is updated to reflect that.

e_voyager

i took a couple of liberties considering the damages mention to the buildings around the battle and the earth spell but i figure it's possible. also Cogi  when i was examining you in the fist post after the attack i needed to move you around before i could ascertain anything concrete and that's also why i was babbling trying to get the wolf who's name epyon has yet to remember to respond. as it i'm guessing that you're knocked out or gone into shock.  if i need to make changes let me know.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lucas marcone

in d&d weres have a healing factor, i kinda thought it was implied if you wish i can go back and state it on the sheet. it will not benefit him within moments. "many" is relative lets say 4. and he's a fit old man, who is only able to hobble after that barrage.

Tezkat

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 13, 2008, 10:09:48 AM
in d&d weres have a healing factor, i kinda thought it was implied if you wish i can go back and state it on the sheet. it will not benefit him within moments. "many" is relative lets say 4. and he's a fit old man, who is only able to hobble after that barrage.

DMFA is not D&D. Amber has had to repeat that point repeatedly. Seriously, a lot.  :mowdizzy

Weres in Furrae don't have any fast healing abilities (that we know about) or vulnerability to silver/wolvesbane/etc. Their claim to fame lies in magical talents and the ability to become immune to all magic. That doesn't seem to have changed in this dystopic version of the setting.

That doesn't mean that your Were can't be special and have a fast healing ability, but it would have to be explicit and relatively unique to your character (and approved by the GMs).

(On the other hand, Cubi in DMFA canon do have some regenerative powers as a result of their shapeshifting abilities--even to the point of being able to regenerate lost limbs over time, so it's not completely unreasonable to hypothesize that shapeshifting Weres might share a similar talent. Regardless, the timeframe for that sort of recovery is supposedly pretty slow, and certainly not on the order of seconds.)

In other news... the edits to my last two IC posts were just minor fixes to wording that I thought could be improved on second reading--no changes to the action at all.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

techmaster-glitch

Heh heh, this is a little bit of a non-sequitor, but I thought of something about Izria's shockwave attack (not the spikes). Shockwaves are actually attacks that can happen often in video games, especially platformers, sooo...I Know Mortal Kombat.

How to avoid a ground-based shockwave attack?
Jump.
Just jump. >:3

EDIT: Oh, it seems that's what Boogeyman just did... :baghead

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. Izzy has people attempting to hack her in half, wrapping her in a 'Cubi tentacle and attempting to crush her,  and, finally, tackling her solidly.

She's a busy girl. I'm sure she'll cope, though.

Oh, and Tez? By the time you mentioned that, I'd already got GM approval and implemented the change. Oh, well. One short, wide ball of spikes. *shrug*

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 13, 2008, 07:48:44 AM
I have a bit of a problem with the physics in Keaton's post:

A deafening gunshot alerted her to the presence of the bullet roaring in her direction, which she flung her forearm towards

...the problem with that is that bullets travel supersonic (the gunshot being the sonic boom), so she'd only hear it after it hit.  If she's not going to be hit, you really need to pick another reason.  Or at least, another way for her to detect it  :3

Well, damn. That goes to show how much I know about physics when it comes to guns. :< *is teh suck*

But seriously, I'll go back and edit the post at some point when I can. As for now, well... DAMN do I ever have a lot to respond to. If Izzy weren't seven feet tall and armored, she would've been thoroughly fucked right now. I should really stop going to sleep. It makes me miss out on lots and lots of posty goodness and then I have to make a bigass catch-up post. XD

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on January 13, 2008, 12:52:32 PM
Heh heh, this is a little bit of a non-sequitor, but I thought of something about Izria's shockwave attack (not the spikes). Shockwaves are actually attacks that can happen often in video games, especially platformers, sooo...I Know Mortal Kombat.

How to avoid a ground-based shockwave attack?
Jump.
Just jump. >:3

EDIT: Oh, it seems that's what Boogeyman just did... :baghead

Except for the spikes jutting from the ground, I'd have to agree.  >:3

Quote from: lucas marcone on January 13, 2008, 10:09:48 AM

I don't know why you would think it implied. This is not D&D. Pretty much everything Tezkat said on the subject goes.
Many is relative. Just make sure to keep it away from the Godmoding realm.

Also, E - healing Cog is a bit of a device I'm using. If you'd be so kind as to not heal him or move him, it would be appreciated.  :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on January 13, 2008, 03:46:53 PM
But seriously, I'll go back and edit the post at some point when I can. As for now, well...
The easiest fix is probably to have her turn her head or something as Jakob fires.  Either that, or he simply misses...

QuoteDAMN do I ever have a lot to respond to.  I should really stop going to sleep. It makes me miss out on lots and lots of posty goodness and then I have to make a bigass catch-up post. XD
Granted.  I completely missed your spiky-ground thing for that very reason.   :rolleyes

Cogidubnus

Marcone, after conferring with my CO-GM, we had a few objections to your post. If you did, indeed, get bodily hit by four large-calibur rounds, a character who is, in ability, simply a being is going to need a break to compose himself, or at least some sort of healing before he keeps going.
I can understand tough guys, but there is nothing in your character sheet that states he is extraordinarily tough, and there is nothing there that says he could heal fast enough for it not to matter.

I'm not saying he has to sit it out for a second, but you do need to edit your post.

e_voyager

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 13, 2008, 03:53:22 PM

Also, E - healing Cog is a bit of a device I'm using. If you'd be so kind as to not heal him or move him, it would be appreciated.  :3

got you i'll go back and edit my post. ( i was really trying to avoid over stepping but i was getting left behind without feed back)
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

bill

I'm going to have to be inactive for a few days. Will my char be fine, being his coward control-freak self?

Lushin

Having just read Spotted's post I want the GMs to realize Sheabus isn't green. As I stated in the post with the pictures he is colored like the crocodile.
/happiness.exe

Cogidubnus

Quote from: e_voyager on January 13, 2008, 07:58:08 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 13, 2008, 03:53:22 PM

got you i'll go back and edit my post. ( i was really trying to avoid over stepping but i was getting left behind without feed back)

It's alright, E. And I'll try and remedy that.

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 13, 2008, 11:27:14 PM
I'm going to have to be inactive for a few days. Will my char be fine, being his coward control-freak self?

Well, seeing as Navarro is being so central and involved and all... ;)

It'll be fine.

Quote from: Daimien on January 13, 2008, 11:57:53 PM
Having just read Spotted's post I want the GMs to realize Sheabus isn't green. As I stated in the post with the pictures he is colored like the crocodile.

Duly noted. Not green.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... dark murky brownish green? Or am I confusing salties with gators?

Lushin

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 14, 2008, 10:06:41 AM

... dark murky brownish green? Or am I confusing salties with gators?
Gators are more the brownish black. Salties are more mud brown with flecks of dark yellow and black in the scales. Neither really have green in the skin tone.
/happiness.exe

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, right. I can't say I've been close enough to tell. Whilst also having been just as close to a saltie as I really want to get. ;-]

Lushin

Yeah I watch Crocodile Hunter alot so I see what they look like. They did show an albino saltie. I've only really seen a green croc or gator in a cartoon or something.
/happiness.exe

llearch n'n'daCorna

I did hear about one guy in Florida, in a zoo. He had a pool with a croc and a gator in it, and someone handed him a saltie.

So he put it in with the other two, as you do. And, as expected, overnight there was a lot of grunting and growling, which he put down to them establishing the pecking order.

Next morning, there was an extremely full, and smug,  saltie, and the gator was way over on the other side of the pool looking scared. And no croc.

(note: This is all hearsay, so take it with a grain of salt, as it were. And I might have misremembered which one was which, other than the saltie.)

Cogidubnus

I feel like there's been a bit of confusion, as far as where the party is and what the area we're in looks like. So - I've made a map. I'm not exactly an artist, but I think it gets the point across.

I hope this helps clear things up for everyone.

Map of Holiday.