Eternal Rains (OOC) [M] - Closed

Started by Sunblink, December 22, 2007, 10:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

I'm already to haul the wounded wolf  away from the battle but i don't know the severity of the wound given his poor health yet and while i'm kneeling  down beside him in a fairly bad spot or would be without Dani covering me. i know more about Cogi then i did a moment before i looked at him. this includes that he's not a normal being. his true nature is hidden or rather divided and in all honestly i don't want to get shot or Cogi going berserk on either. i'll react as soon as i know what  the wolf is doing / going to do.   
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

"made more difficult by the hedgehog?"

He's 5'2", she's 7'6", or 28 inches taller. Since he's not reaching up, at least not full stretch, how, exactly, is he obscuring her head? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 10:59:27 AM
"made more difficult by the hedgehog?"

He's 5'2", she's 7'6", or 28 inches taller. Since he's not reaching up, at least not full stretch, how, exactly, is he obscuring her head? ;-]

Maybe she's crouching down?  (Actually she might not be built in a way that allows that)   Either way, I have reverted to the earlier plan which was to ignore you character utterly.  So there  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

lucas marcone

Snuggles

Tapewolf

Quote from: Snuggles on January 11, 2008, 11:45:36 AM
Anton was quick but not that quick. The moment the large bug appeared he shielded himself quickly but wasn't quick enough to shield the one she was after. He had a half a mind to blast the thing back but was too concerned with getting the jackal out of the way. His next movements were quick. He planted his staff into the ground and pulled the jackal out of combat, with magic. Next another shield went up against the wasp's hand trapping her to go no further after the jackal. He then pull up his staff and brought the jackal over to himself to make sure she was ok.

Snuggles - you might want to amend that.  One of the things you should generally do in an RP like this is attempt operations, not perform them outright, otherwise it tends to make your character too powerful.  IIRC the technical term is 'powergaming'.

e.g. with Cross, he's going to shoot the wasp in the eye.  There are several possible outcomes:
He might kill it outright.  If insectis aren't built that way, he might simply blind it in that eye.  Or the wasp might move at the last minute and dodge it entirely.  There are even nasty things that could happen like the gun misfiring or hitting someone else.
While it would be fun to take the wasp out with a single bullet, the final decision is up to Keaton, and/or Cog.

bill

You all are really bad at covert ops  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 11, 2008, 12:13:47 PM
I thought vanishing was a pretty decent stealth tactic  :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: BillBuckner on January 11, 2008, 12:13:47 PM

... Was Witt ever even remotely apparently -good- at covert ops? I think not.

e_voyager

i'm  not even here to fight i just want to raid the magical artifacts and spell stores looking for a cure that's easier with people to do the fighting for me even if i have to patch them up now and again and if the kill the target well for my fee i simply request / steal any handy spell books or curse wards
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stygian

I've decided that I should go with another of my characters right now. I hope you enjoy... >:3

Name: Salticia Nonus
Nickname(s): Sal, Blood Widow
Race: Mythos
Species: Spider
Family: None

Hair: Blood red
Eyes: Black with a red tinge
Fur Coloration: None

Appearance: Tall for a woman (5'11"), athletically built and shapely. With mostly black, smooth skin that turns hard and chitinous with a few pointy bumps and ridges in just a few places, and red markings and idealized curves, Salticia could as well be a statue dedicated to some strange spider-goddess. With a heavy abdomen hanging down from her rump, and six strong arms, two normal and four larger ones situated on her back, she has a very particular need for specialized clothing. A head full of somewhat short, spiky hair so red it seems unnatural extends in a sharp sort of mane down her neck, and two large fangs protrude from the corners of her pretty mouth. Her eyes, eight of them, two large and central and six tiny surrounding ones, are black at the edges and grow more red closer to the center. Her neck has several 'gills' that are actually the openings to a variation of trachea and lungs in combination, as does her back, between her ribs.

Combat Abilities: Disproportionately strong, extremely agile and athletic, and with impeccable senses of balance and motion, Salticia is a born fighter. Extremely dextrous, she is capable of feats of coordination and maneuvering that are remarkable, especially concerning the amount of limbs she sports. She also has a very, very sensitive and well-attuned tactile sense, in addition to her excellent vision. Inherently venomous, with a bite that may both paralyze and kill depending on the dosage of her venom, she is resistant against most sorts of poison and toxin, and can generally survive much more hazardous environments than any normal creature. She also heals rapidly, and can fully regenerate both damaged organs and lost limbs. And being a spider, she can, of course, climb walls and spin webs of silk of remarkable tensile strength, of both varying thickness and adhesiveness. In addition, she is a physician, a somewhat good mage and a very good alchemist, and has shown a large degree of magical resistance in addition to a number of tricks and skills.

Strengths: With supernatural strength, coordination and reaction speed, and a large number of limbs, Sal was made for close combat. While not one who enjoys simply fighting more than anyone else, she is clever and has a great array of skills and attacks to choose from, being able to go all out like a slugger, poison her foes, or set traps using stealth and silence and her nets. She can spin impressive amounts of silk, and produce more on quick notice, though she must eat accordingly to be able to keep creating the substance. She is also apparently resistant to a lot of magic, and employs some sort of protection against mind-invasive abilities.

Weaknesses: Any sort of hypersensitive sense always brings weaknesses with it, and when Sal is bombarded with too strong or numerous vibrations she gets confused and experiences pain. She is an expert at fighting with limited footing, but without solid support or something to string a web to, she is as helpless as anything that falls, no matter how acrobatic. She is also a very poor swimmer. And like any soft creature without fur she is sensitive to extreme cold, something that is worsened by her respiratory system. Lastly, having no vocal chords she's a mute, something that never really served anyone.

Weapon(s): Usually none. She uses hands and feet, claws and teeth. At the worst of times, she may use knives or guns, though nothing particular.

History: Objections against creating new races or artificial beings are a relatively new phenomenon. And many simply do not care about ethics. Such as the people who created Salticia. Created as the ninth and only truly successful specimen in a series of experiments, Sal was made from various strands of genome, mostly arthropod and particularly arachnid such, and intended to be a serving and research creature to her Angel masters. Their fall from power though, aided by her absence, set this once enslaved creature on the loose. Ever since, she has slowly realized the full meaning of her freedom, and grown out of her formerly reticent ways. Still, the prospect of being captured and used again frightens her, and much of her life has therefore been spent living undercover.

Disposition: Clever, collected, a bit reclusive sometimes but generally more pleasant than her predatory looks would suggest. She is sly and smart enough to outwit most, but generally opts to be more straightforward. Has a deserved tough-girl attitude that she manages to convey despite being unable to talk, and is quick to step up and slow to back down from a challenge, whatever its nature.

Trivia:
- Quite aware of her own appearance, species and origins, Salticia is somewhat prickly about racial belonging and such. She tends to be suspicious or judgmental of other Creatures, with the exception of Mythos, while she likes beings.
- Educated and a woman of the world, Sal is far brighter than most take her for when they learn she cannot speak, something she is equally sensitive about.
- With her natural dexterity and keen sense for vibrations, Sal is quite the musician. She plays various string instruments and the piano and organ.
- Sal seems to be able to communicate with other arthropods, sentient or not, through other means than vocal or somative ones. Probably, she uses vibrations and chemical signals for this.
- Sal is sensitive and somewhat allergic to certain strong perfumes.
- For some reason, Sal is quite aversive and somewhat phobic toward bats. She also seems to dislike lizards, though not nearly to the same extent.
- Despite a long history of struggle and fighting, Sal has no scars whatsoever. This is thanks to her extensive healing ability, and the fact that she molts with regular intervals.

Quote: 'If you make any comment about "needing a hand", I swear I'll break your jaw'.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. -Must- comment about needing a hand, broken jaw or not. Repeatedly. ;-]

(Witt doesn't learn fast, in some cases...)

e_voyager

it's a wonder Witt's not dead like me (or undead as the case may  be)

bill

If ur hurtin, come chill out on the kool kidz bench with me  8)

e_voyager

er no thank you i think there's a vacancy in the zoo that's safer then being within ten feet of you.

bill

I'm the only sane character in the RP  :U

Aisha deCabre

Riiiight...it's sane to not duck when magic and bullets are flying around.   :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

lucas marcone

that arrow is going to catch dani by surprise. he isn't used to your superior ninja foo.

e_voyager

i can't help but wonder what a dead guy like me is doing with so many that seem intent to join the ranks of the dead.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Collecting company for later? ;-]

e_voyager

me want company? dead company even considering my pathlogical fear of the undead despite being one? not a very sane thing if you ask me. maybe the curse is still working on me or  drawing me towards tragedy? who knows. but i tell you this i'm in no hurry to see what it takes to had a crowd of others like me

Cogidubnus

Stygian, after serious discussion that lasted late into the night and also involve Chinese take-out and rousing renditions of "What Shall We Do With the Drunken Sailor", etc etc, your profile is approved.

Hooray!

Also, seriously Bill. Navarro is totally getting a smaller share now. :C

bill

Hey, he didn't start the mess, why should he clean it up?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks, Tez. Foul thoughts my foot. ;-]

Stygian

I very much appreciate the approval, Cog. I shall get to implementing my character immediately.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 05:32:14 PM
Thanks, Tez. Foul thoughts my foot. ;-]

Tez?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tezkat. Whose entry post just mentioned foul thoughts matching the foul words emanating from the short hedgehog.

Who isn't really all that short, comparatively. I'm pondering doing a retcon, with manglement's permission, and shaving another 6 inches off his height...

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 05:45:25 PM
Tezkat. Whose entry post just mentioned foul thoughts matching the foul words emanating from the short hedgehog.

Who isn't really all that short, comparatively. I'm pondering doing a retcon, with manglement's permission, and shaving another 6 inches off his height...

What has any of those things to do with anything else here and now?

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Stygian on January 11, 2008, 05:49:15 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 11, 2008, 05:45:25 PM

What has any of those things to do with anything else here and now?

He's thanking Tez for the insult. For it 'twas, indeed, a good insult. Witt is known to have somewhat a foul mouth, and well, a foul mind only follows.  :3

techmaster-glitch

Wow, Izria is a veritable powerhouse. Then again, she has to be, if she wants to even have the slightest chance against sixteen players simultaneously ;)

I just said that mainly to express how cool I think Izria is :3