My cook book project

Started by thegayhare, December 30, 2007, 05:31:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Well currently I'm waiting on a few last pics for the book
I just paid one artist and the second is waiting for payment

then I should have all the art.

I found a site that allows self publishing how ever there rules forbid any lewd or obscene materials.

I wanted to order one or two show copies to bring to AC

So I was wondering if you folks think my cook book art qualifies.

This is the most mature pic in the book
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/256814/

and of course you've seen my cover
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/492072/

Also I was wondering what sort of binding type should I go for?
I was leaning towards coil binder simply because it's so handy in the kitchen.

I was hoping I could find one similar to my new recipe book,  It's coil bound along the top edge, hardcover, and the cover has a nifty built in easel.

Brunhidden

Obscene, no. Lewd, just a little. and the nipple piercings give me the heebie jeebies to boot.

Are any of your recipes fur themed or renamed as fandom appropriate?

reminds me, i was working on a cookbook myself a while ago, have to work on it again.... i don't know if i should have illustrations, it looks kinda like an eldritch book of power as it is without making it any weirder.

QuoteThey both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

thegayhare

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 31, 2007, 09:10:01 AM
Obscene, no. Lewd, just a little. and the nipple piercings give me the heebie jeebies to boot.

Hmm I wonder if it'll pass muster...
And oddly thats the same complaint Mana has when I use it as my Avi
I have thought of changing the cover since the Title is going to be Baker Bunny's Little Black Cook Book having the brightly colored cover might not work.

I was thinking of using a black cover with a faux leather pattern, white wording and a white outline of a bunny head with a bakers cap

But I'm not sure if that will get enough attention

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 31, 2007, 09:10:01 AM
Are any of your recipes fur themed or renamed as fandom appropriate?

It's been mentioned before but I'm terrible with names

Damaris

bah.  Apparently I am too young to view the mature picture.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kenji

Go with the ringed binder for traditional cookbook style. If not only cause taking up counter space with a fully opened book is pointless and irritating.