12/12/07 [DMFA #853] - Unicorns

Started by AndersW, December 11, 2007, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 13, 2007, 12:53:04 AM
It's only a rumour that Cubi came from Angels/Demons.  In many ways that many beliefs have creation stories. 

However, in terms of scale...yes. The average Cubi is going to be much weaker than the average angel or demon.  If one was to go by Abel Story reference, even Kria with much less experience would likely have been able to wipe the floor with Aniz.  However, the most powerful Cubi are stronger than the most powerful Demons/Angels...so it kind of evens out.

i suspect that even then, there'd be something at the top of that proverbial food chain to kick such powerful beings down a notch.   Building worlds is just so fun, innit?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Turnsky on December 13, 2007, 02:04:11 AM
It's only a rumour that Cubi came from Angels/Demons.  In many ways that many beliefs have creation stories. 

However, in terms of scale...yes. The average Cubi is going to be much weaker than the average angel or demon.  If one was to go by Abel Story reference, even Kria with much less experience would likely have been able to wipe the floor with Aniz.  However, the most powerful Cubi are stronger than the most powerful Demons/Angels...so it kind of evens out.

i suspect that even then, there'd be something at the top of that proverbial food chain to kick such powerful beings down a notch.   Building worlds is just so fun, innit?
Isn't that what Fae are?

Completely unkillable by even the most powerful of 'Cubi, and can basically do whatever they want to do.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Turnsky

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on December 13, 2007, 04:22:39 AM

Isn't that what Fae are?

Completely unkillable by even the most powerful of 'Cubi, and can basically do whatever they want to do.

-RobbieThe1st

true, but are they really part of furrae's "Food chain" given their nature.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on December 13, 2007, 05:47:00 AM
Isn't that what Fae are?
-RobbieThe1st

true, but are they really part of furrae's "Food chain" given their nature.  >:3
Dragons might be closer to the mark, since from Abel's reaction to Pyroduck, they can actually die, whereas with Fae it's a bit more optional.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Turnsky on December 13, 2007, 05:47:00 AM
Isn't that what Fae are?

-RobbieThe1st

Exactly, they are the overpowering control, weeding whatever needs weeding, sort of like humans and your garden!
Powerful enough that no plant(humor me) can kill you, and able to do whatever is needed to make your area of the world exactly as you want it, more or less.

Of course, as Fae can travel back and forth through time, they can edit things as needed to prevent things from coming to pass; instead of having to kill a powerful overlord, the Fae could simply go back in time and make sure that the bad guy simply never existed, or influence him/her early on to take whatever path you want this being to go.

However, this doesn't mean that other creatures don't contribute to the food chain, but one of a few Fae could change anything as needed.

-RobbieThe1st

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Alondro

However, the most powerful Cubi are stronger than the most powerful Demons/Angels...so it kind of evens out.

*Charline stumbles in and lolz!*  And I R TEH mostest powerfullest of all!  I has da tetra-wings!  The other pair R grows from mah boobehs!  :B  *tips over... thud!*

*Charles snerks, having given Charline a gallon of catnip-imbued absinthe the night before!*  I am the evilest!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Netrogo on December 12, 2007, 07:16:46 PM
Okay I can't hold it in anymore...

Does anyone else look at today's comic and picture her at a bar with some drunk guy trying to pick her up with the line "Hey baby, feeling horny?" other then me?

Well I do, NOW.

Also, note, Wildy appeared in her underwear at the end of "Get Me To The Church" trying to wash Biggs's sharpie off her face.

e_voyager

i started reading this comic when some one on the freefall forum linked to the comic when Wily-san was in the bath an the photographer was  making his last non panicked movements of life.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AndersW

Where does Dan fit into this then?  He was able to kill Dark Pegasus, not once but twice, and that is before his cubi powers came in.  In addition to that, Dark Pegasus is 760 so I would assume that he is far more experienced than Kria in Abel's story, who is 43.  It just has me confused.

Amber Williams

Quote from: AndersW on December 13, 2007, 01:27:34 PM
Where does Dan fit into this then?  He was able to kill Dark Pegasus, not once but twice, and that is before his cubi powers came in.  In addition to that, Dark Pegasus is 760 so I would assume that he is far more experienced than Kria in Abel's story, who is 43.  It just has me confused.

Dan is an adventurer. :U

e_voyager

so train beings with special weapons are where on the class scale? i remember that the psychiatrist was also well trained and could handle demons as well.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kenji

Adventurers are allowed to level up.

AndersW

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 13, 2007, 01:36:22 PM
Quote from: AndersW on December 13, 2007, 01:27:34 PM

Dan is an adventurer. :U

I suspected that was the case.  I just needed to confirm it.  Things fall back into place now.

But since we're on the subject, would Dan beat Aniz in a fight?

Netrogo

You can't classify everything by 'who's stronger'. Special skills and unique situations come into play quite often. Another comic I read had a line about why sometimes the weaker will still come out on top. Rather then describe it here's a link

I think this would more then likely hold true in Amber's world as well.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

AndersW

I read Goblins as well.  Other factors would be if they are trying to kill each other, knock the other out, disable the other person, or if one wants to kill but the other one doesn't.

I was asking who would win in a fair fight.

Netrogo

Quote from: AndersW on December 13, 2007, 02:49:26 PM
I read Goblins as well.  Other factors would be if they are trying to kill each other, knock the other out, disable the other person, or if one wants to kill but the other one doesn't.

I was asking who would win in a fair fight.

Even then it could still come down to variables. You could stick them in a huge white room with nothing what so ever but them and the walls and the fight could hinge on a lucky shot. True in that instance the most powerful would have the advantage, but then other things could still come into play. As Abel's pointed out, alot of cubi tend to be rather over confident and cocky (Aaryanna) underestimating your opponent just because you think you're going to win can throw things in their favor. Heck I've had times in WoW where I've done the same thing. 69 warlock, heavily geared and demonology spec with a branch into affliction. I do serious damage as does my pet, it usually takes something my level or higher to take me down. However there's been a few times where I haven't fought up to my full potential because my enemy was some 63 rogue or the like and as a result they wound up getting the upper hand and beating me before I knew what hit me.

If we're just talking straight power then yeah 'This is stronger then that, this is more powerful then that' but you can't guage who'd win in a fight without actually having the fight.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Manawolf

If dragons went the way of religion, I'm there are some Demon lords and Archangels out there that could tear cubi to shreds.  Having a demon army held together by overwhelming fear and bloodlust also helps.  If there are as many Fae as Amber says there are, I'm sure there are more than a few million demons out there, if not billions.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on December 12, 2007, 07:46:21 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on December 12, 2007, 06:46:00 AM
Quote from: Ink on December 12, 2007, 04:46:08 AM
Natural selection, remember? Vampires went extinct for a reason. I'm sure we can weed out the undesirables.

I'm with ink on this one.  >:3
I agree also, as long as we don't -just- let nature do its work - that is way to slow. We must help said process along! >:3
And, if that doesn't work, remember: Plan B is -always- twice the gunpowder of plan A! :P

-RobbieThe1st

Taking the Mythbusters approach, eh?

Kuari

Heh, you know though, I think Amber is just pissy at vampires because of Darkmoon :p.

I mean, seriously, sure vamps had some major weaknesses, but the really good vamps, like ooooh...  Alucard from Hellsing or D from Vampire Hunter D? (D being half vampire, but you get the idea)

But ehh...  just a universe thing.

In the Mulan universe, dragons are little screwup pansies like Mushu :p

e_voyager

different universe hold different rules. after all according to the DBZ universe you don't need to have all the power of a universe to destroy it and just because you have all the power of a universe does not mean you'll win a fight against some one with more skill and better luck.

thegayhare

and in the DBZ universe taking a minute to charge up can take 2 or 3 half hour episodes

e_voyager

that's the perception warp. besides the manga was better then the show if you ask me. (less filler)