Something I've noticed about these here forums.

Started by Dannysaysnoo, December 08, 2007, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Quote from: Zina on December 09, 2007, 04:19:48 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on December 09, 2007, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on December 09, 2007, 02:40:50 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on December 09, 2007, 10:48:04 AM
I'm Canadian and find the assumption that I might be American highly offencive :<

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 09, 2007, 10:52:11 AM
Same goes for us Scots.

You're offended at being considered Canadian?

I'm an american citizen, and I find this offensive too.  After all, all americans are supposed to mortally offended by just about anything, including the implication that any other country exists. :3

Wait wait wait. Back up.
There are other countries besides America? That sounds like witch-talk to me. >:[

Burn them! Burn the witches!
:rm
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 09, 2007, 04:34:15 PM
Quote from: Zina on December 09, 2007, 04:19:48 PM
Wait wait wait. Back up.
There are other countries besides America? That sounds like witch-talk to me. >:[

STOP! Don't burn us! We give you Haggis and Scotch Eggs!

Valynth

The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Valynth on December 09, 2007, 04:47:36 PM
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 09, 2007, 04:45:19 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on December 09, 2007, 04:34:15 PM

STOP! Don't burn us! We give you Haggis and Scotch Eggs!

give the scotch, drop the eggs.

I CAN'T!! THEY'RE MIXED OR SOME SHIT!!!!

Brunhidden

Quote from: Valynth on December 09, 2007, 04:26:58 PM
Quote from: Reese Tora on December 09, 2007, 03:29:34 PM
I'm an american citizen, and I find this offensive too.  After all, all americans are supposed to mortally offended by just about anything, including the implication that any other country exists. :3

Since when did America convert to Islam?

According to Ossama the faithful will continue to blow shit up until every single American citizen has converted to Islam... i seriously doubt the 'faith' of the survivors or that this could ever be achieved seeing as how he will go up against southern bible belt fundies, but hey, everyone needs a hobby

which points out another fun one- not only do americans make fun of america, they take perverse pleasure in making fun out of parts of america that are particularly stupid. usually southerners, which are what the rest of the world think all of america is.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dannysaysnoo

On a similar tone, very few Scottish folk wear kilts, eat haggis and drink Whiskey.

In reality, Kilts are very formal wear(weddings and such), haggis is vomit in disguise and whiskey is nasty, yo.

superluser

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on December 09, 2007, 05:03:10 PMwhiskey is nasty, yo.

Eh, I guess everyone's entitled to one opinion that flies in the face of all reason.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: superluser on December 09, 2007, 05:27:36 PM

Eh, I guess everyone's entitled to one opinion that flies in the face of all reason.

That's deep. You should send that to Reader's Digest. They have a column for people for you.

Alondro

Having recently tasted whisky, I can agree that it's incredibly nasty stuff.  I took one sip and was gagging for at least 5 straight minutes.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

Quote from: Brunhidden on December 09, 2007, 04:59:44 PM
which points out another fun one- not only do americans make fun of america, they take perverse pleasure in making fun out of parts of america that are particularly stupid. usually southerners, which are what the rest of the world think all of america is.

That strikes me a little too close to home Brun and it only hurts because it's all true...  (is Alabamian born and raised.)
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Darkmoon

Quoted for truth.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You missed the bit about haggis. It's actually fairly tasty, provided you don't think about what's in it. Sure, it -sounds- nasty, but that's what the whiskey is for - to take your mind off the contents of the haggis. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on December 09, 2007, 06:41:45 PMHaving recently tasted whisky, I can agree that it's incredibly nasty stuff.  I took one sip and was gagging for at least 5 straight minutes.

OK.  I've never tried Irish whisky, and I don't remember if I've ever had bourbon, but if we're discussing Scotch whisky, then I'm not following.  Even bad Scotch is pretty OK, and I've had some pretty bad stuff (Duggan's Dew of Kirkintilloch, for example).

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 09, 2007, 09:28:18 PMYou missed the bit about haggis. It's actually fairly tasty

That may be true, but I've never had it, so I am not in a position to comment.

Darkmoon

Wisky certainly doesn't have the GREATEST flavor... however, that is totally balanced out by the delicious burn it has going down.

superluser

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 09, 2007, 11:15:12 PMthat is totally balanced out by the delicious burn it has going down.

While that is one of the best features of Scotch, it will probably not appeal to the uninitiated.

(I tend to prefer Laphroaig)

Feroluce

Wow. jeeze. I was gonna comment on the original topic, but it seems to have drifted way off. I will throw in a couple of points for fun, tho.

I also take offense at being labled as an American. Im on the other side of the fricken pacific! and the first person to mistake me for an Aussie gets clubbed by a meremere.
:p

Having been to a large number of countrys, I can say with some certainty that either they all exist, or I live in a really huge set staffed by billions. since I do nothing worthy of such attention, I can only conclude that the world exists. That said, Burn Goodie Flanders for witchcraft!

Im gonna leave the alcahol talk alone. I havent drunk hard spirits since my 21st. this hasnt stopped me getting drunk, sadly.

finally, on original topic, the reason people are on but topics dont move is because I kill topics. seriously, I am the post touch of death to any discussion, which is probably the reason I dont post here often, lol.

Netrogo

My two cents about whiskey.

It is possibly one of the greatest drinks ever. Much like Hitler is considered one of the greatest men in history.

To those who don't get it, great doesn't always mean good :B
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Darkmoon

Netrogo

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Feroluce on December 10, 2007, 05:36:38 AM
I also take offense at being labled as an American. Im on the other side of the fricken pacific! and the first person to mistake me for an Aussie gets clubbed by a meremere.

Pounamu?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Netrogo on December 10, 2007, 08:27:23 AM
Depends how much you drink.

Is it like a genocidal-hallucinogen, or are we talking some sort of tapping into the genocidal promordial us, something we left behind when we became hunters-gatherers?

Netrogo

I'm leaning towards the promordial thing, given that some of the less evolved humans of today seem bent on random forms of genocide *cough Bush cough*

Kenji

Is it bad that whenever I talk to people here I never think anything about "countries"? I just see "hey, friend!" or in certain cases "oh noes!".
Only time "countries" ever come to mind are when it is actually mentioned, such as usually the case in some form or way with Janus. Cause we like to poke fun at him being in the future. Whooo spooky.
Also, swiss cheese.

Don

Quote from: Netrogo on December 10, 2007, 06:04:45 AM
My two cents about whiskey.

It is possibly one of the greatest drinks ever. Much like Hitler is considered one of the greatest men in history.

To those who don't get it, great doesn't always mean good :B

The only whiskey I like so far is fireball, mainly because It's cinnamin, all the other whiskies I'm not too sure about. I'm sure if I took a day to sit down maby invite some friends to drink, that I could find a few more that I like.

Feroluce

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 10, 2007, 09:49:53 AM

Pounamu?

holy crap, someone knows what I was talking about! Run away!

Netrogo

Quote from: Feroluce on December 10, 2007, 10:53:54 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 10, 2007, 09:49:53 AM

Pounamu?

The box contains knowledge of the most useless sort that you'd never expect.... Also monkies.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on December 11, 2007, 12:02:55 AM

The box contains knowledge of the most useless sort that you'd never expect.... Also monkies.

The box also, despite not being born there, spent most of his formative years growing up in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

And I head back to Aotearoa every so often, when I can afford it, to visit family. So knowing what a meremere is is easy.

Although the best use of one I've seen is in Utu, which I highly recommend be watched. Real interesting film.

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 11, 2007, 06:59:36 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on December 11, 2007, 12:02:55 AM

The box also, despite not being born there, spent most of his formative years growing up in the Land of the Long White Cloud.

And I head back to Aotearoa every so often, when I can afford it, to visit family. So knowing what a meremere is is easy.

Although the best use of one I've seen is in Utu, which I highly recommend be watched. Real interesting film.

How does the box get there I wonder? Air mail?

Brunhidden

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna