TinMan

Started by thegayhare, December 01, 2007, 10:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Well SciFi channel's new mini seris Tinman starts tomarrow

It's a retelling of the Wizard of Oz,  It's been getting alot of good buzz and I must admit I'm looking forward to it.

What do you folks think?
Anyone else going to watch?

http://www.scifi.com/tinman/

GabrielsThoughts

I'm going to watch it, I've never seen the original, and have only seen "return to OZ" and "the Wiz" ... Both of which only got worse with age. I read the book when I was nine, and it was way better.

Unfortunately the LAS VEGAS WEEKLY Not only  gave it an unfavorable review, It reveled spoilers because the Reviewer felt series was so awful. In the article it is revealed that Dorthy Gale is D.G.  a small town waitress with a heart of gold,  the wizard is a master of prestidigitation and only becomes interesting after he dies, the tin man is really a cowboy that was cryogenically frozen in a tin coffin and the scare crow is now the Zipper man...who apperently had his brain removed by a wicked sorceress of the west.  the flying monkeys are magical tattoos and most of the movie was filmed in front of a green screen like Sky Captian & the world of over explanation.

don't take my word for it read the review yourself...

http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/content/nc/a-e/tv/single-story/article/not-so-wonderful/

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

thegayhare

well thats not much for spoilers realy the Scifi's own commercials reveal that much.. well not about the tattoos, or the wizard

But the scarecrow is now glitch, a Brilliant inventor who had his brain stolen, Tinman is the title given to to police in the OZ (sorta a wild west marshal)  and the cowardly lion is now called Raw

I'll check the reveiw though

Toric

Yeah, Sci-Fi's own previews revealed that much, with the edits that TGH pointed out. I really wish I could see it, but works are getting in the way and I don't have a Tivo.
Yap by Silver.