12/01/07 [#50] - TREEEEEE! Er, CHREEEEE!

Started by stiletto, December 01, 2007, 07:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiletto

Jason may be in temporary trouble, but Jig seems to be in it for the long haul... and boy does that tail look painful. But, as usual, she has Cyprus to comfort her.

And all that text in the background of the first panel, I assume that's hearing people's thoughts. Did half of the room really see it? Or are those just Slick's thoughts?

Reese Tora

I think the top line is slick's thoughts... the second line is the mirror image fo the first line... and I can't really make out the rest through the characters in the foreground.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

techmaster-glitch

No, all of the thought bubbles are Jigsaw's thoughts, it's that one speech bubble to the left that's Slick's.

xHaZxMaTx

They're talking about the text in the background, tech.

llearch n'n'daCorna

What I can't figure out is what the hell is going on in the second panel. Or third, if you include the inset Slick, I guess...

It looks like Adharia is grabbing Jig's arms... but what's going on to cause Jig such pain?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

stiletto

That's all Jig, multiple images of her I think to show her falling over. And she's in pain from hearing all the voices of everyone in the room thinking.

AndersW

Whats the "CHREEEEE!" sound effect being used for in the second panel?  I can figure out what is happening, but I think it could be a little clearer.

stiletto

AndersW

It could be that or it could be something else.  We are not exactly sure here.

Jigsaw Forte

I'd hoped the title at the bottom would be a clue, but oki:

She's clutching her head, falling / screaming, and in pain. Adharia's nowhere nearby at this point (it's happening too fast).

Currently everyone in the room is OMG'ding at once (mentally, at least), and she's bascially... well, in her attempt to keep her eyes shut and have as little outward reaction as possible (because she knows that's caused trouble previously), it's backfired on her because the entire room is blaring mentally. It's like closing your eyes right before a rock concert so you don't have to deal with the flashing lights, but instead the music kicks in and you're already too damn close to the speakers.

In short, she's having a panic attack, and nobody else in the room is clued in to it because they can't hear what she's hearing. For relative terms of 'hearing', of course.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I figured that was likely it...

... and if you hadn't answered, that would have been my guess as to -what- was happening, at least.

Now that you mention it, yes, the second panel -does- look a bit more obvious. d'oh.

Reese Tora

AndersW

I wonder what (can't remember her name right now) is going to say to Jigsaw.  Its sure to be an interesting conversation.

Edit: I think her name is Cypress.  We so need a cast page.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: AndersW on December 02, 2007, 09:46:40 PM
I wonder what (can't remember her name right now) is going to say to Jigsaw.  Its sure to be an interesting conversation.

Edit: I think her name is Cypress.  We so need a cast page.

Well, how'd ya like it done? I keep delaying for lack of ideas on the Cast images...

stiletto

If you don't mind drawing new pictures for it, there's always the ever popular candid photos. Characters doing weird stuff. Jig taking a giant drink from a bottle of something, uh, powerful. Vaeo fixing his hair to stay in that amazing peak it does. Adharia beating the crap out of the camera man for spying on her while she's changing...

Well, that's my two cents anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Jason having his mug shots taken...

Heck, you could mug shot all but the volunteers.

AndersW

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 03, 2007, 11:05:33 AM

*gets an evil grin and wanders off*

stiletto

Mug shots seemed a bit cliche, but then again, these would probably be Last Resort mugshots ("What kind of prison is this?!").

And that evil grin worries me. I'm still haunted by your original cast page concepts...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on December 03, 2007, 05:32:11 PM

Oh, good. Glad I could help. ;-]

... can't wait to see the results.

AndersW

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 03, 2007, 08:38:34 PM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on December 03, 2007, 05:32:11 PM

Oh, good. Glad I could help. ;-]

... can't wait to see the results.

Neither can I

What are you going to do for the ones that don't have mug shots, like Jig and the host.

Jigsaw Forte

Remember, mugshots are taken at time-of-arrest, so this means . . . we're going to end up with some very interesting photos for some of these characters. For a lot of 'em, it'll be the first glimpse into their backstories as well.

As for the other characters, I have plans for 'em too, but I want to do the mugshot series first.

stiletto

Alas, some of these prisons really should invest in more reliable storage methods of their mugshots....

Heheheh...

Reese Tora

Of couse, I have to wonder is anyone's noticed that three mug shots are already up on a certain art site. :)

(nice, BTW, with the mug shot of Kurt being "corrupted" from the neck up. ;) )

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Reese Tora on December 16, 2007, 07:25:13 PM
Of couse, I have to wonder is anyone's noticed that three mug shots are already up on a certain art site. :)

(nice, BTW, with the mug shot of Kurt being "corrupted" from the neck up. ;) )

The fourth is over at DeviantArt. I'm just waiting on Llearch to do some general coding for the profiles while I write up the stuff (deciding how much info should be 'available' is harder than it sounds) before I post any.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... and I'm waiting on finding time to do it, when I'm not hip-deep in other issues.

Like deciding if I'm going to hand in my notice or not.

stiletto

You thinking of quitting you job? What is it that you do?

llearch n'n'daCorna

stiletto

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: stiletto on December 17, 2007, 04:14:12 PM
Yeeg.

What would you do instead?

I assume the answer involves some form of "NOT running 120-odd webservers."