My List of idea
Abel
Dan
biggs
pip
Someone we never saw
Dark Pegasus

Tapewolf

Actually, what's most surprising to me is how this affects things retroactively.  For instance, Mab trying to flirt with Merlitz way back when.
It also makes me wonder who he father is, although Amber has said that in some cases it can happen with only one parent (I used to know the scientific name for that).
Another question it raises is who got recycled into Rose.

DAMN YOU Computer Nerd!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Naldru

Quote from: Kuari on November 02, 2007, 04:41:43 AM
*bumps into Amber, pickpockets the Steamroller keys, and flushes the toilet*

There...  now that solves that...
When you purchase a vehicle, it normally comes with two sets of keys.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kuari

Quote from: Naldru on November 02, 2007, 05:52:03 AM
Quote from: Kuari on November 02, 2007, 04:41:43 AM
*bumps into Amber, pickpockets the Steamroller keys, and flushes the toilet*

There...  now that solves that...
When you purchase a vehicle, it normally comes with two sets of keys.

....frig...  and now she's onto me.  QUICK!!!  Someone get the other set before she takes the Steamroller out on another Carmaggedon style murder spree!!!

Timothy

OMG ... unexpected ! ... but fun ... more plot twisting !  :mowcookie
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

King Of Hearts

*On his knees, talking about his brain*

You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!

Saist

honestly... I don't think I was shocked. I think #836 dropped a less telegraphed bomb. Like TGH, I double taked over the "Kids these days" line but simply wrote it off as Rose being an extremely young fae.

It also was less of a shock for logical reasons. Mab hasn't been in the fae kingdom for a long period of DMFA comic time. There is an explicit reference that Mab was exiled from the Fae kingdom...a plot line that was followed up on when we found out Nutmeg's tail wasn't as fluffy as Mab's (or if it might be said, James and RJ as well).

If Mab was in a state of non-communication... why was she able to get a handle on Rose all of a sudden? And why would Rose suddenly fill in for Mab's place? Ergo, Rose is either close friend, or... something more. The question then, I think, is how the story plays out from here. As I see it, Rose can go into some kind of "well, not really my mom, but close enough" or "hey, I'm really a purple kitten fae that was shape shifted so you wouldn't catchon!"

As to her Dad? ... Well, call me.. um... crazy... but if I recall the Fae background properly, only Fae can deliver Fae. So, that would mean that Mab's "husband" was probably a fae as well.

... Ooooo Mr. Azlan, you wouldn't happen to have a daughter you neglected to tell us about  :mowwink  :mowtongue

Madmann135

When I herd Rose's last line I said the same thin Jyrras said.  Though with a lot of searching there is a bit of family resemblance, like their pendants and eyes.  Rose's has a green (ish) pendant and purple eyes, Mab has purple pendant and green (ish) eyes.  Lets not forget that their fashion sense is a little similar.

Though Mab being a mom was as surprising as her orange super hero costume.  I was surprised that it was orange not that she had a superhero costume.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Anri

Quote from: je.saist on November 02, 2007, 07:18:53 AM
... Ooooo Mr. Azlan, you wouldn't happen to have a daughter you neglected to tell us about  :mowwink  :mowtongue

And that's the last time he lets Neni suggest swinging? (Oh, I think I hear the handbasket express warming up for me)

thegayhare

Quote from: Amber Williams on November 02, 2007, 01:39:02 AM

Sorry!  Perhaps if you actually fed me and gave me a blanket down here in this cold basement... :U

But I have fed you... maybe I should have put an afghan in with the cookies and cake

E-Jade

And once again, my mind goes ...zah?  :erk

Feather Dancer

You know I do remember thinking with the antanae, hey those are similar but dismissed it as nothing. Looking again, not only that but the gem in shape is similar also. Spooky.

I took the kids these days comment from the fact Mab said Rose was younger :(  DAMN YOU SUBTLE CLUES. This certainly popped outta nowhere though,
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Aisha deCabre

...My reaction when I saw this:  "Whaaaaaaaaa...?"  :erk

So Mab's a mommy.  And the first question that pops into my mind: I wonder if Rose is gonna get her own profile now that kinda-sorta-maybe-integral fact has been revealed.

That is unless she's a mommy from another time.  It's now gotten hard to tell with Fae.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

superluser

I'm not getting how this is supposed to be a twist.  We hardly know Rose, and she certainly didn't have time to explain that she was Mab's daughter (or...yeah, I'm not going there).  So I assume from Jyrras' reaction that I'm supposed to be shocked, but it really doesn't seem to be anything but normal exposition to me.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sid

Quote from: superluser on November 02, 2007, 11:06:53 AM
I'm not getting how this is supposed to be a twist.  We hardly know Rose, and she certainly didn't have time to explain that she was Mab's daughter (or...yeah, I'm not going there).  So I assume from Jyrras' reaction that I'm supposed to be shocked, but it really doesn't seem to be anything but normal exposition to me.

Ah, phew, and here I feared I was the only one who thought so.

This is pretty much a "...so?" case since it's been pretty much established that Fae are pretty much masters of time and space and don't even reproduce the way most other races do.

If today's revelation had come before this arc, it would have been a twist in the "OMG!" category (just imagine Rose walking into Lost Lake, casually asking if anybody had seen Mom), but at the moment, it's more a case of "Ahu."

Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad or underwhelming comic, but the fan reaction here makes me wonder if I'm missing something...
:boogie

zaehlas

I don't see Jyrras as being surprised because of Rose being Mab's daughter.  I think he's more surprised with Mab being a mother, and yet barely ever acting like one, or never mentioning it.  But he should be getting used to Fae peculiarities.  If one can ever get used to them.

"Z"

Dannysaysnoo

i initially thought that albanion was the father because i remembered him having green antennas. But his are white, so darn.

llearch n'n'daCorna

So that's what the beeping sound was. Amber backing up the steamroller over us all again.

And of -course- it's going to have less effect - after all, we're already flat. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Keleth

Or, Maybe she didn't have a husband.

As maybe she just adopted a fae soul that was being reborn?

Eh? Eh?!

Think outside the box here people.. . . as comfy as llearch is. .  >:3
Help! I'm gay!

Alondro

Well, I did actually think of this when Mab said the "Kids these days" line... but I thought there was no way Amber would go there. 

I was wrong.  This is Charline level twistiness.  I mean, at this point having Fa'Lina as the father is the only way to make it more strange.

*Charline erms*  Don't give Amber ideas.  The Fae simply don't resemble their parents because they don't rely on genetic inheritance.  I doubt they even have a proper atomic/molecular structure.  Besides, I'm the father.   >:3

*Charles*   :U  Nuuuu! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Timothy

Amber already stated that there isn't really a need for a mother and father with fea didn't she?

Something along the line of "*poof* there is the baby"  :)
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

Alondro

Quote from: Timothy on November 02, 2007, 12:25:07 PM
Amber already stated that there isn't really a need for a mother and father with fea didn't she?

*Charline attacks!*  NO!  I'm the father!  Me me me!  IR AM HERM NOWS!!

*Charles*   :erk  See, this is why cats shouldn't eat Halloween candy...  Even Cubi cats can't metabolize all that theobromine and theophylline!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Aleolus

I have just one reaction to this comic.

:erk :erk :erk :mowdizzy :mowdizzy My brain hurts now!

thegayhare

Quote from: Alondro on November 02, 2007, 12:31:25 PM
Quote from: Timothy on November 02, 2007, 12:25:07 PM

*Charline attacks!*  NO!  I'm the father!  Me me me!  IR AM HERM NOWS!!

*Charles*   :erk  See, this is why cats shouldn't eat Halloween candy...  Even Cubi cats can't metabolize all that theobromine and theophylline!   ;)

how bout bunnies can we eat candy?

*eyes the several pounds of factory seconds he picked up dirt cheep*

DarkAudit

Quote from: Alondro on November 02, 2007, 12:20:49 PM
I was wrong.  This is Charline level twistiness.  I mean, at this point having Fa'Lina as the father is the only way to make it more strange.

A smite isn't enough here for the all-cubi-all-the-timers.

Here. Hold this.

Now if you excuse me while I retreat to a safe distance. Like Saturn.  :mwaha
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Alondro

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 02, 2007, 01:28:45 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 02, 2007, 12:20:49 PM

A smite isn't enough here for the all-cubi-all-the-timers.

Here. Hold this.

Now if you excuse me while I retreat to a safe distance. Like Saturn.  :mwaha

*Charline sings*  Cubi, cubi, cubi!  All evil everyday!  Cubi, cubi, cubi!  With your organs we will play!

Second verse, same as the first!   :boogie

Falcarthum

Mmmh... seems that the vein of awkward is still profitable...

* calling to the local broker to invest in it *

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Saist

Quote from: Tikki on November 02, 2007, 07:40:14 AM
Quote from: je.saist on November 02, 2007, 07:18:53 AM

And that's the last time he lets Neni suggest swinging? (Oh, I think I hear the handbasket express warming up for me)
* je.saist ponders theorizing that the Neni shown in the wallpaper is Mab shapeshifted.