Rules for this sub-forum

Started by Stig Hemmer, October 28, 2007, 09:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stig Hemmer

The advertised rules for this sub-forum is "Anything goes, more or less".

It seems I have overstepped those unwritten "more or less" boundaries.  Would be possible to get a more explicit set of rules posted?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

bill

Use the official rules found at the clockworkmansion.com base site.

QuoteSection B: No advertising in threads or PMs. You may, however, advertise in your signature (that includes a tasteful -- i.e. 150 px or less in height, non-glaring, non-obnoxiously animated -- image). Please note that there is a fine line between posting up a cool link you found and posting up an ad for your own site or advertising to join another site. This will be up to moderation to decide.

Posting a link and an entire first chapter of a story, without further comment, was advertisement in my book.

RJ

You called it a shameless promotion, and the way you set it out was as such. Bill is right to say it was an advertisement. Perhaps if you had done it in a different way, it would have been acceptable, but you didn't.

Also, the site mentions it may include some explicit sexual scenes. I'm not going to look into it myself, but if it's potentially NSFW, you should give a warning.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on October 28, 2007, 10:17:03 AM
Also, the site mentions it may include some explicit sexual scenes. I'm not going to look into it myself, but if it's potentially NSFW, you should give a warning.

It's not NSFW, at least as far as the link goes. The story itself is another matter, since the page he linked to warns "this is set in college, and as such, there will be adult discussions and themes" (I paraphrase, but you get the idea)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

It's plainly obvious it was improperly posted, and being angsty about it doesn't help your case at all.

If you read the rules, we clear say within there many different things (most of which are mentioned) that cover why your post is wrong. Trying to use a forum description to over-ride a clearly written rule is, frankly, asinine.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...