[Closed] Secret Santa 2007: FINISHED

Started by Zina, October 23, 2007, 04:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

It's that time of year again. As some of you know, the past two years I've hosted a secret Santa. People really seemed to enjoy it, so I'm doing it again this year. Sign up! Join! Have fun! 'Tis the season.

This is how this works. This is a Secret Santa. If you don't know how this works, you basically pick a name out of a hat, and you get a present for whoever you picked. That person doesn't know you have them until the day they get their gift, and likewise you don't know who has you. This is just like that only art-related.
Comment, note or e-mail me saying you want to join and add a picture or a detailed description of the character you want drawn. If you want anything specific for your character to be doing, be sure to include it. On the 19th of November, I'll note you/e-mail you/IM you who you have, along with their reference pic, and you draw them. On Christmas, I'll post all the pics up. Fun, huh?
This is pretty much an idea to get you to draw for people you either don't know or wouldn't think to draw gift art for, and for you to receive art from people you wouldn't expect.

The Rules-
Anyone can join, regardless of art skill. All I ask is that you put your effort into the piece.
Remember, this is about GIVING not receiving. Please join because you want to do art for others, not because you want art done for you.
Please, once you know who you're drawing for, make sure they don't find out. That'll ruin the surprise.
If you want your gift to be kept under a certain rating, or include/exclude a certain theme,  please let me know.
If you participated last year and DID NOT do your SS gift pic, then you CANNOT join in this years round. I'm sorry, but that's just how it's gonna be this year. HOWEVER, if you get your pic from last year into me before the sign-up deadline(the 16th), then you can participate in this years Secret Santa.

Deadlines-
You have until the 16th of November to join, and the 25th of December to submit your gift. However, I understand that people get busy during this time, and if you can't make the deadline, no problem. Just be sure to let me know and give me a guess of when you'll think it'll be done.

If you finish ahead of time, feel free to send me the pic if you want me to host it. Otherwise, just post the finished work on Christmas.
I will create a livejournal entry for all the finished Secret Santa pics, so everyone can see the pics and leave a comment.

That's it. Have fun. =3

Gabi

Wow, that time already!

Ok, I'm in. Because I like drawing and trading gifts. No Christmas theme for me, though, please. I'm Jewish.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Zedd

Sounds like a crackin good time again

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Gabi on October 23, 2007, 07:24:59 AMBecause I like drawing and trading gifts. No Christmas theme for me, though, please. I'm Jewish.
That's alright, I'm atheist and I still celebrate christmas. Why? Because I see it as a season of peace and giving to others, with a jolly man in a red suit as a mascot :P I ignore the religious overtones.

But as for this Art Secret Santa thing, I don't know if I'll be able to join. One, I don't have a character for someone to draw, two, I've only drawn a single thing myself recently, and three, i won't be getting anything up here if I can't get my @*&%ing scanner working again.

Sunblink

Time already? Awesome--this time I want in as well.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

nikename2

Fuyudenki

sweeet!  Join join join join join join join!  PM is en-route.

I've been waiting for this to resurface since the newest APF thread was started.

Silverfoxr

meant i am in as usual forum is being kaka

Suwako

Sienna Maiu - M T

Sienna is a big stupid head :<
and the sketches for the real present haunt her every time she opens her sketchbook (which admittedly, she lost)
but I have access to a scanner now as well as my sketchbook, so I'll take care of that, before even hazarding to decided whether or not I have time this year. (and then maybe he won't hate me so much anymore...)

Zina

Quote from: Gabi on October 23, 2007, 07:24:59 AM
Wow, that time already!

Ok, I'm in. Because I like drawing and trading gifts. No Christmas theme for me, though, please. I'm Jewish.
I remember, and I'll be sure to tell your SS that. X3

Jigsaw Forte

... You know what, I'm in.

Likewise, I'm going to point out that I'm Jewish, but 'Secular' Christmas stuff is still okay. (so no crosses, mangers, Baby Jesii...)

Faerie Alex

I'm in too. Details are in PM-form.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Zina

Quote from: Aiyno on October 23, 2007, 01:38:44 PM
Quote from: Xeksue on October 23, 2007, 11:50:12 AM
xek in.  >:3

I'll sneak in after the Xek man  :)

Did you ever get your SS pic finished from last year? I don't seem to have it.

GabrielsThoughts

what does christmass celebrate again, I lost track of it when I was about 5...I thought It had something to do with christ, but then I saw this program about how if you take the "n" in Santa and move it to the end of word without removing any vowels or consonants it spells Satan... and so upon learning that Santa was the devil I realized Santa only give's children presents  for the great acts of evil that they do...besides that my family Christmases sucked big time.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zina

Ok.
I don't care. :U

This is for this year's Secret Santa. Sign up or don't.

Suwako

Quote from: Zina on October 24, 2007, 02:15:44 PM
Quote from: Aiyno on October 23, 2007, 01:38:44 PM
Quote from: Xeksue on October 23, 2007, 11:50:12 AM
xek in.  >:3

I'll sneak in after the Xek man  :)

Did you ever get your SS pic finished from last year? I don't seem to have it.

Ah, Yes.. The first picture was putten into the topic and I wanted to make another one and even showed the doodle I was going to use, however the one I made the picture for said it was not needed. I did want to finish that picture.. don't know why I never finished the back-up picture, since I wasn't quite as busy as I am currently. Heh, I almost thought it got lost in my computers last /:c drive crash, luckily that was before or during the process of secret santa but not effecting the picture. I found a small backup I kept in a compressed map (I had space issues for quite a while) I hate showing it since it is certainly not up to my current standard (heck, I hated it back then... ) but here is is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/WEO/Other/secretsanatagiftfinalsmall.jpg recommended not to view because of massive amounts of FAIL.

Zina

The first year, or did you do two pics for the same person? I don't remember. D:

GabrielsThoughts

I might kinda sorta maybe will participate, or maybe I won't just to be cool....but then again I might, I'll have to think on it a while...because I might kind of want to but maybe I'm not sure I want too....

What do I get if I do consider participating?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zina

Actually, if I were you, I wouldn't worry about it.
I'm just gonna go ahead and put you on the list of people that aren't allowed to participate this year.
Congrats! :>

Suwako

Quote from: Zina on October 24, 2007, 03:22:35 PM
The first year, or did you do two pics for the same person? I don't remember. D:

Two crappy doodling of my own for a single person. :( Both of them aren't that great.

You didn't remember? Heh, My recall failed too, I thought it had been destroyed but it was merily well hidden on my computer :P The abominations of the past are haunting me D:

edit: darnit, woman! Your to fast  :erk

Zina

Quote from: Aiyno on October 24, 2007, 03:38:21 PM

Two crappy doodling of my own for a single person. :( Both of them aren't that great.

Ok, I believe you. Be sure to get a reference pic or a description of who/what you want drawn for you before the 16th. :3

Suwako

Quote from: Zina on October 24, 2007, 03:39:54 PM
Quote from: Aiyno on October 24, 2007, 03:38:21 PM

Ok, I believe you. Be sure to get a reference pic or a description of who/what you want drawn for you before the 16th. :3

Sure, I will write it down in my agenda :) Thanks Zina, [silly]wait.. you just read my mind to find out of I was speaking the truth didn't you? ...[/silly]

Silverfoxr

Gornemant

Eh, what the hell. I suck at drawing and I can't keep a deadline, but count me in anyway.

I'll put something together asap, or maybe just leave it to whatever the hell (s)he wants to  :U

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Gornemant on October 24, 2007, 09:19:13 PM
Eh, what the hell. I suck at drawing and I can't keep a deadline, but count me in anyway.

That's reason enough for me to join, then (has been debating whether or not to for those reasons). :P

Sienna Maiu - M T

The name of the game is effort m'luvs.
Effort.

Gabi

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on October 25, 2007, 01:44:04 AM
The name of the game is effort m'luvs.
Effort.
I thought it was Secret Santa. But Effort seems to fit.

Rather old reference, but still applicable

Of course, if the artist wants to draw something completely different, s/he is welcome to do so.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

I will sign up too, with any hope it wont be the boobie prize. effort i can do despite my less then stellar artistic history

as far as getting, i would probably like something for my daughter instead of me, and im not sure what religion she is yet.... however it looks like theres a good chance she will worship either Odin, Thor, Yaweh, or possibly even Agnostic
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

King Of Hearts

man, time sure flew past real fast...