Dead thread.

Started by Don, October 15, 2007, 05:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Bah, 29 hours is nothing!  On some of my intense lab weeks, I've been awake for 36-40!

The 40-hour one was cool.  I was hallucinating a bit by the end of it.  But I had chest pains and caught a virus the next day and decided that wasn't a good idea to do again.   :<

Oh, and my evil nemesis Charline de Lyon will devour your soul if you venture into the DMFA portion of the forum.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on October 15, 2007, 11:09:36 PM
Bah, 29 hours is nothing!  On some of my intense lab weeks, I've been awake for 36-40!

The 40-hour one was cool.  I was hallucinating a bit by the end of it.  But I had chest pains and caught a virus the next day and decided that wasn't a good idea to do again.   :<

Oh, and my evil nemesis Charline de Lyon will devour your soul if you venture into the DMFA portion of the forum.   >:3
He doesnt need to know egghead...

Don

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 15, 2007, 11:02:56 PM
Your numbers are wrong.  :<

Nope, I puposly put them as "96" Symbol of break up. I'm not a big fan of love/relationship. Besides everyone who's tried to get close to me has failed miserably by making themselves unworthy of my trust.

xHaZxMaTx

Don

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 16, 2007, 05:27:19 PM
You sound emo. :/

Alot of people say that but I'm against the whole slitting of the wrists and what not. I'm just dark, people who actually get to know me say I'm "nice".

And people also keep saying that I'm cute...It's a curse, A curse I tell you!.

Daoswarrior2033

A curse is that someone confusing you with Shaft, no not the dective the evil wizard who works with Drac.

Don

Quote from: SpikeSinistralofSacredness on October 16, 2007, 06:54:36 PM
A curse is that someone confusing you with Shaft, no not the dective the evil wizard who works with Drac.

...Okay, I have no idea what your talking about but that does sound bad from my uneducated standing point.

Damaris

He's referring to CVRPG, which is one of the several comics that have discussion areas on the forum.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 16, 2007, 06:45:23 PM

Alot of people say that but I'm against the whole slitting of the wrists and what not. I'm just dark, people who actually get to know me say I'm "nice".

Alright, you sound pessimistic, then.  But that's not much better. :U

(Does anyone else see the irony in this post?)

Gabi

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on October 17, 2007, 01:29:22 AM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 16, 2007, 06:45:23 PM

Alright, you sound pessimistic, then.  But that's not much better. :U

(Does anyone else see the irony in this post?)
I do. I also feel sorry for the poster, but I don't think there's much I can do about it.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

Jim Halisstrad

andsparklesandloveandhugsandkittiesandfireand
bloodandimonvikadenbecauseivegotachestslashthoatinfectionanddontbeemozack
behappydon'tworrycheerupemokidDanecooksaysjesuswasripped.  Justfyi.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! 

xHaZxMaTx

What's a thoat infection?

Jim Halisstrad

Don

Ahg! It has begun!

My friends are smothering me with questions, they do this to me at least once per year. They can't seem to be able to fix their own problems so they keep coming to me for advice.
Why I do not know but they won't leave me alone...It's like I'm the only one they can trust, We have a counsellor in our town but no they have to come to me.

I seriously don't know how much longer I can keep answering them without snapping...

techmaster-glitch

What kind of questions, if you don't mind me asking?

lucas marcone

<.<  >.> is it bout.....personal gooy gooy love junk?

Don

Quote from: lucas marcone on October 25, 2007, 12:19:17 PM
<.<  >.> is it bout.....personal gooy gooy love junk?

Some of it yes, most is about them themselves though.

So far I havn't been asked anything big just little things, Hopefully I won't get asked anything major this time, I don't like those situations with life choices an whatnot...

Gabi

Ah, I know the feeling. You must know that it's not your obligation to answer them. And they must know it too. They must know that you choose to help them because you care about them, not because you have to. And that no matter what you do, you can't sort out their lives for them.

And, just as importantly, that you're a person just like they are and have your own life and your own problems, so if they're your friends, they ought to respect you when you need a break.

Don

Quote from: Gabi on October 27, 2007, 08:36:02 AM
Ah, I know the feeling. You must know that it's not your obligation to answer them. And they must know it too. They must know that you choose to help them because you care about them, not because you have to. And that no matter what you do, you can't sort out their lives for them.

And, just as importantly, that you're a person just like they are and have your own life and your own problems, so if they're your friends, they ought to respect you when you need a break.

They don't do it to me very often, it's usually once during an extended period of time, just thought it was something to discuss here to further this thread.

As for my own problems...well living in one place for 15 years any problems I had have been long ago dealt with.

The question answering isn't all that bad, it's just something random that they do to me. I apparently know more than I should at my age. I've had people 18+ looking for my advice, I'm trusted by most people because they know whatever they tell me won't be repeated. In that sense It's something I'm good at, really I should be thanking them for giving me the oppurtunity to further my ability...

Gabi

Ah. No problem, then, as long as you're ok with it. :)

It's good to know you're happy with your life right now, but don't be surprised next time you have a problem. We all have things to learn and problems to deal with for as long as we live.

I guess it's ironic for me to be the one to say so after I called myself optimistic, but I'm optimistic in the sense that I believe most problems we come across in life can be dealt with, and I try to find solutions rather than sit and complain about how unfair life is or things like that.

Don

Quote from: Gabi on October 28, 2007, 09:23:11 PM
Ah. No problem, then, as long as you're ok with it. :)

It's good to know you're happy with your life right now, but don't be surprised next time you have a problem. We all have things to learn and problems to deal with for as long as we live.

I guess it's ironic for me to be the one to say so after I called myself optimistic, but I'm optimistic in the sense that I believe most problems we come across in life can be dealt with, and I try to find solutions rather than sit and complain about how unfair life is or things like that.

Heh, everyone has positive and negative moments now and then. Personally I don't take the pessimistic/optimistic thing seriously, I don't think it's possible to be completely positive or completely negative, thus the words are flawed and useless in my vocabulary.

You sound like a nice person.

I don't see or hear many nice people these days. Especially with me sticking out where-ever I go, I'm generally the most known person in my town it's not fun but through it I've devolped a unique personality in my mind, being known by a town there's many people who like and dislike you. I've pretty much grown not to care about either group, if I get a complement I say thanks, If someone has a problem with me I find them and discuss it.

I've always got people saying I have problems or I have issues, but that's only because they all live in the same box, they can't seem to develop their own opinions about things. If someone says somethings bad everyone thinks it's bad. If they say it's good then most will accept it.

Gabi

Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 29, 2007, 10:32:44 PM
Thanks. :)
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 29, 2007, 10:32:44 PMI've always got people saying I have problems or I have issues, but that's only because they all live in the same box, they can't seem to develop their own opinions about things. If someone says somethings bad everyone thinks it's bad. If they say it's good then most will accept it.
Ah. I know a lot of people ho are that way. It seems they just can't think for themselves. Either they never learnt or they're afraid to do it, I don't know. Luckily, not everyone is like that.

Alondro

People have learned not to ask me to help them with their problems...

My answer is always "Find the tallest structure around and jump off the top of it."   >:3

Either that, or they actually followed my advice and I've run out of people.   Just like lemmings they are!   :mwaha

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sounds like a win-win situation, Alondro. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Don

Quote from: Gabi on October 30, 2007, 06:21:59 AM
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 29, 2007, 10:32:44 PM
Thanks. :)
Quote from: 96Zack96 on October 29, 2007, 10:32:44 PMI've always got people saying I have problems or I have issues, but that's only because they all live in the same box, they can't seem to develop their own opinions about things. If someone says somethings bad everyone thinks it's bad. If they say it's good then most will accept it.
Ah. I know a lot of people ho are that way. It seems they just can't think for themselves. Either they never learnt or they're afraid to do it, I don't know. Luckily, not everyone is like that.

Luckily yes, unfortunatly they are scarce in my town.

Exellent, I have my haloween costume for this year. Though I don't really trick or treat, I just get one of them to collect for me so I don't have to carry any bags. I always have one of my wooden swords with me walking around on haloween mainly because I like swords, they usually go with my costume, and anyone who tries to mess with my group is in biiig trouble.

There's apparently a couger been wandering around my town at night...hopefully we won't come across it, if it picks a fight then the only choices we'd really have is find a house or overpower it, wich still leaves us with a very high we're all gonna die chance. Hopefully it won't come out with all the people around but on the chance it does lets hope it's not lookin for foodz.

Oh and I did manage to get a couple pics of me in my costume. I might put them on a profile somewhere, facebook if I get one...possibly.

Gabi

A cougar? What can lead a cougar to enter a town?

In any case, I hope no one gets hurt.

Don

Quote from: Gabi on October 31, 2007, 07:23:06 AM
A cougar? What can lead a cougar to enter a town?

In any case, I hope no one gets hurt.

I don't really know but it's been spotted eight times, I'm guessing it's after something...all I have is a four foot long, two inch wide, black oak katana to defend my group with if it does come after us. Hopefully it won't enter public while cars and people are running around but on the chance it does I'm partially ready...though I don't want to hurt it I may have no choice in the end, if it doesn't get me first that is.

Scary thought, get my neck broke by a heavy weight kitty...ow's.