Doctor Who: The Weeping Angels

Started by Darkmoon, September 15, 2007, 01:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakshep3

i found a problem in this:

when the weeping angels are shaking around the TARDIS when the light flashes on and off, they aren't being looked at, nor are they looking at each other- so why is it when the light turns on, they freeze??
thanks, jakshep3

Arcalane

1) Don't bump old threads

2) Because the light's on, genius. Note that not only do they freeze when a character looks at them, but they often freeze when the audience are looking at them. It's a neat little touch.

RJ

Quote from: jakshep3 on October 11, 2007, 12:59:30 PM
i found a problem in this:

when the weeping angels are shaking around the TARDIS when the light flashes on and off, they aren't being looked at, nor are they looking at each other- so why is it when the light turns on, they freeze??
thanks, jakshep3

The director probably thought it'd be a good touch to break the fourth wall there and make it seem like they existed when the audience wasn't looking at them too.

Alondro

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 16, 2007, 10:57:55 PM
Yeah, ther've been some shows that I was into and they canceled. Bastards.

I will never forgive you for killing Angel. You jerks.

I saw the last episode of Angel.  At least they could have wrapped up the series more intelligently.  Ooooo... the whole thing is humanity.  You can't beat the bad guys cuz they somehow just poof into existance cuz humans are all bad.

Not to mention that after all the lies and betrayals and whatnot, Angel just decides he believes that half-assed explanation without question?  From a group whose entire purpose is destruction and is founded on evil and falsehood?  If he had been that stupid the whole time, he'd have been taken out after the first episode.

And then everybody died. 

I guess that was the writers giving everyone the finger.  Yeah, that's how to not alienate your fans from ever giving you another chance.

Fail.  Utter fail.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Damaris

In all actuality, that was the way they had planned on ending that particular season of Angel.  They didn't really change much.

They're putting out a comic book eventually of Angel: Season 6- they've already got Buffy: Season 8 out.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Alondro

Quote from: Damaris on October 12, 2007, 02:16:36 PM
In all actuality, that was the way they had planned on ending that particular season of Angel.  They didn't really change much.

They're putting out a comic book eventually of Angel: Season 6- they've already got Buffy: Season 8 out.

They planned it that way?

You know, that only makes it worse.   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Damaris

I know.  From what I recall though, they didn't have any time to really tweak much once they found out that they were canceled.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

Only a matter of weeks, and by that point the plotline had already been put into place.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...