Need help with my DS/Pokemon Diamond

Started by Nikki, September 28, 2007, 11:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

ok, the DS has wi-fi right? well, my dad got this thing that's supposed to give us wi-fi, so i tried to set up my DS to go wireless so i can get a friend code for diamond, but it won't connect at all! someone please help me =<

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kenji

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kenji

Is it a Nintendo USB adapter, a lan modem, etc, etc? :U

Nikki

uhhh...nooothiiiing to do with Nintendo...i think it's called a router or something...*goes to ask dad*

Kenji

If it's a router, then you need to have your papa set it to a line the DS can connect to. I believe 1 or 11 are the easiest. Its what the Nintendo instructions usually recommend. It also has to be either unlocked or set to where it will accept the DS even when locked. It takes some work to get it that way, sometimes. All depends on the person working on it or the router.

Nikki

aw sheeet. well, i'll have him do that tomorrow...

Castle Pokemetroid

Your problem maybe the fact that you need to register the WFC connection on the DS.

To do this, you must turn off the DS, then on again, then select PK diamond or pearl on the DS menu thing, then wait for the game to load to it's own menu thing.

There, below the "contiue" option (somewere below) there will be something called "Nintendo WFC settings". It should be easy from there on.

Nikki

Kenji

Nikki

Kenji

Ah. Well there's your problem. You have to go to the Nintendo wi-fi site and register your DS there. It's a long process, but its easy.