09/08/07 it slices it dices! abel's Story [#97]

Started by Turnsky, September 07, 2007, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: computer nerd on September 08, 2007, 06:39:19 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   'A'
Perhaps I wrote Hennya off some time ago, but to be honest this strip didn't affect me anything like as much as #814.  (Although I think that one touched a nerve)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

Quote from: Turnsky on September 07, 2007, 10:46:41 PM
i reccomend judicious use of duct tape  :P

Ever read Nodwick?

Quote from: Aleolus on September 08, 2007, 03:49:22 AM
Hey!  10 cookies to anyone who can identify where the header line for the main comic today is!  In case it changes, I'll put it in below.

QuoteA, credit card.  B, cash.  C, sneak out in the middle of the night.

one of my favorite movies

thats from the muppet movie's hotel scene

Brunhidden

Very popular choice.

hmmm, i just had a thought when i saw her name this last time.... i think ill use my extensive cryptology knowledge to see if anything pops up. gotten a bit rusty lately so i could do with the mental excersize

Archive- Reference- Search- mythos, serpent, sever

*processing processing processing processing BING!*

five matches....hmmm.... am i the only one who suddenly wonders what this fight would be like if Hennya had a couple EXTRA heads? really, the name is only a few letters off and it does explain this part...

Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 07, 2007, 10:59:27 PM
maybe he's pissed because hennya was venomous  :zombiekun2

In the original legends the blood of the hydra was a potent toxin, specifically with the ability to melt flesh. The bite of the hydra was also poisonous, but comparable to scorpion venom, in some versions the severed heads continued to bite at the legs of those who sliced them off
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Naldru

The main reason that I would think that Hennya doesn't have a lethal poison is that Amber previously said that Hennya wasn't trying to kill Abel at that point.  However, I do think that she was trying to kill Aniz in the last attack.  Another thing to think about is that the tentacles can move without conscious thought by the cubi.  Remember when they tried to help Dan make coffee.  Could it be that when he said No in the previous scene, he was trying to stop the tentacles.

However, if Aniz dies, it would be closer to one of Shakespeare's tragedies.  The worst case that I can see at this moment would be that Abel completely loses it, attacks Aniz in a Berserker rage, killing Aniz but also accidentally killing May, then finding out that Aniz wasn't really evil.  If you really wanted stressful, you could have Aniz going over to May, holding her and saying with his dying breath "I'm sorry.  I didn't mean for it to happen.  I really did love you."

To go along with the Shakespeare model for tragedies, you would then have Kria or Fa'lina come in, explain everything, and then take the near comatose Abel off to SAIA.

By the way, for those who claim me to be overanalytical or pedantic, I will let you in on a little secret.  Whether you laugh with me or at me, I'll still leave some laughing.

If you can learn to laugh at yourself, you will never be without a source of amusement.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kasarn

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 08, 2007, 07:45:55 AM
Very popular choice.

hmmm, i just had a thought when i saw her name this last time.... i think ill use my extensive cryptology knowledge to see if anything pops up. gotten a bit rusty lately so i could do with the mental excersize

Archive- Reference- Search- mythos, serpent, sever

*processing processing processing processing BING!*

five matches....hmmm.... am i the only one who suddenly wonders what this fight would be like if Hennya had a couple EXTRA heads? really, the name is only a few letters off and it does explain this part...

Quote from: Jack McSlay on September 07, 2007, 10:59:27 PM
maybe he's pissed because hennya was venomous  :zombiekun2

In the original legends the blood of the hydra was a potent toxin, specifically with the ability to melt flesh. The bite of the hydra was also poisonous, but comparable to scorpion venom, in some versions the severed heads continued to bite at the legs of those who sliced them off

I was thinking hydra as well... I was going to make a post along the lines of "I hope she put points into hydra regeneration" but decided against it :B

VioletDusk

Or maybe he just realized Hennya's mom is someone really scary? Though I can only think of few individuals who are possibly or definately scarier than Aniz.

Caswin

Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 08, 2007, 05:37:24 AM
So I guess I'll play devil's advocate.
1) What we have here, before the murder is a domestic violence case. A rather bad one, but not as serious as one might think (given that only minor bloodletting was involved, and it's only one instance) (And yes, I'm counting this as domestic violence instead of breaking an entering, seeing that even though they're for all intents and purposes not married, it's still father, mother and son.
2) Aniz was attacked by Hennya, and acted in self defence. Granted, he was carried away, but it's still self defence.
And is there not a very sound basis for intervening in a case of violence, domestic abuse ("minor" though it may be) and attempted kidnapping?
Quote from: Psaakyrn on September 08, 2007, 05:37:24 AM3) You've to realise the long term repercussions. This could probably start a war/genocide by Hennya's relatives/clan.
I... don't see what this has to do with anything. (I also don't see it as particularly likely to begin with.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

SpottedKitty

Ouch.

Anyone else think this is one of the things Abel is still bottling up and not entirely recovered from nearly 300 years later? I agree with the mention upthread about Abel's panic attack in the paint incident, it's just the sort of thing that would jump up and bite someone even if they've managed to mostly forget the original event.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

sanasawa

About Anizs strange reaction to his latest slaying...maybe he differs betwean killing beings and creatures, just like most of us differes betwean killing cattle and humans?

DarkAudit

Quote from: SpottedKitty on September 08, 2007, 09:00:30 AM
   Ouch.

Anyone else think this is one of the things Abel is still bottling up and not entirely recovered from nearly 300 years later?

Bottled up? I think he's got a whole wine cellar stashed away.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Zedd

Hey Tape do you think this compared equalness,the tormentness and mental scarring like when Zedds father disowning of his existence and Abels loss of friends and blood splatter?

Alondro

*Charline thinks of all the deaths in this arc...*  You know, I think I know the REAL reason for all this.  Amber was probably getting buried with requests for people's characters in the story... so she included them all!  And now they're all going to die horrible horrible deaths.  Who are these people?  We'll never really know, because what's happening to their characters is probably alluding to what Amber has done to them in reality.

Amber is pure ebil.   >:3

Ok, there's that or Amber has been watching "Claymore" recently, where a whole bunch of the characters got shredded in seconds.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Angel

(wide-eyed and panting)

Huh...huh...heh....

Hennya?

(slumps and shakes her head) Oh God.

I have nothing to say.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Black_angel on September 08, 2007, 10:52:23 AM
(wide-eyed and panting)

Huh...huh...heh....

Hennya?

(slumps and shakes her head) Oh God.

I have nothing to say.

I knew you were going to show up sooner or later...
I was just as speechless as you are.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: RJ on September 08, 2007, 12:49:41 AM
;_;

Amber scares me.

And now I'm having flashbacks to that Ghost Ship scene with the wire...

you know what hapopened in that movie couldn't happen in real life, people have bones and the wire would have slammed into them like a dull bladed sword, at the most only a third of those people would have died realistically.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Janus Whitefurr

~o/ Heeeeeeenyaaaaaaa, oh Heeeeeeeeeeeenya.... where the giraffes aaaaaaaare, and the zebraaaaaaa.... /o~

...wait...
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

MaskedRetriever

My initial reaction was "Oooo, it's not NICE to piss off someone who regenerates, is it?"

All these other theories make sense, but I'm still holding out hope that the next comic is going to be Aniz beset by ten slithering, vicious ankle-bitey mini-Hennyas.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 08, 2007, 11:42:12 AM
~o/ Heeeeeeenyaaaaaaa, oh Heeeeeeeeeeeenya.... where the giraffes aaaaaaaare, and the zebraaaaaaa.... /o~

...wait...
Darn you linky ferret boy...

thegayhare

...wait...

out of curiosity Janus hon.  Ever hear of the viscous and deadly Giraffes of Un Lun Dun?

rabid_fox

Mercy me, I'm confused but excited. It's like "Total Recall" all over again.

Oh dear.

Aleolus

Quote from: thegayhare on September 08, 2007, 07:11:40 AM
Quote from: Aleolus on September 08, 2007, 03:49:22 AM
Hey!  10 cookies to anyone who can identify where the header line for the main comic today is!  In case it changes, I'll put it in below.

QuoteA, credit card.  B, cash.  C, sneak out in the middle of the night.

one of my favorite movies

thats from the muppet movie's hotel scene

Right idea, wrong name.  No cookies for you!

thegayhare

oh damn your right thats from the great muppet caper

the muppet movie was when the try to make it into the movies.  and the muppets take manhatten was when kermit writes a broadway show.

Wageslave

Talk about a chilling image.

Thanks, Amber, I'm probably going to have that in my head for weeks!!  Gaaaaahhhhhh!

But...

...you did give us fair warning a month or two ago that this story was going to get dark, depressing, and icky.  So we can't say we weren't warned about this coming.

On a totally different topic, though... Hen may not have been trying to 'kill' but what could be worse to a shapeshifting being than suddenly not having that capability, a poison that paralyzes such capabilities?

Or... to a being that can feel the emotions of everything around them, suddenly feeling the reaction of all the people to the death it just caused in that brief moment when the 'shields were down'.  That could really put a damper on grand plans and ideas--what if Grand Moff Tarkin, for example, felt the deaths of everyone on Alderaan as if they were the greatest loves of his life?

Still plenty of food for thought and speculation, and now another week or so while we wait in joyful (maybe?) hope for another go at this!

Aleolus

Quote from: thegayhare on September 08, 2007, 01:25:17 PM
oh damn your right thats from the great muppet caper

the muppet movie was when the try to make it into the movies.  and the muppets take manhatten was when kermit writes a broadway show.

Correct!  Ten cookies for you!
:mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie :mowcookie

Falcarthum

My first tought:

:ape NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

My second tought:

Chase the cubi.

My third tougth:

Why is so upset Aniz? Maybe there is a clause of an obscure contract he made that could say : "You can keep the boy only if no there any dead involved. Otherwise, your rights over the boy are revoked." Then, he realized that he broke the pact and made a big mess. Ten, accordly with the last count, not counting the hair.

My fourth tought:

Miller-esque scenes really rules.

My fifth tought:

OMG! Amber is following the Rowling's path.

My last tought:

"Aniz won. Cubilitie."

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

pseudocompulsion

I'm honestly more inclined to believe the regeneration theory than the blind rage theory, simply because something has seriously surprised Aniz, even to the point of stopping him mid-pant ("Haa-UH?"). Notice that, in the fourth panel, he's looking down toward where Hennya's body fell, implying that something about it is NOT how he thinks it should be. If he had just remembered a rule or something about Hennya's status, he would probably have already turned from her, and wouldn't be so transfixed by what should just be a messy pile of snake-Mythos gore.

Also, keep in mind that, were he to completely lose control of himself, he would never have been able to make that little quip about his shirt. He most likely would have just attacked her.

Hennya believe it?  :mowhappy

Cogidubnus

Quote from: pseudocompulsion on September 08, 2007, 03:21:24 PM
I'm honestly more inclined to believe the regeneration theory than the blind rage theory, simply because something has seriously surprised Aniz, even to the point of stopping him mid-pant ("Haa-UH?"). Notice that, in the fourth panel, he's looking down toward where Hennya's body fell, implying that something about it is NOT how he thinks it should be. If he had just remembered a rule or something about Hennya's status, he would probably have already turned from her, and wouldn't be so transfixed by what should just be a messy pile of snake-Mythos gore.

Also, keep in mind that, were he to completely lose control of himself, he would never have been able to make that little quip about his shirt. He most likely would have just attacked her.

Not counting her hair, that's -ten- pieces of Hennya. I was wrong earlier. Ten.
Rumors of her death are not exaggerated. This is not a test. This is a dead snake-girl. She is no more! She has gone to meet her maker! She has ceased, to be! This, is a dead Hennya!
And, again, berserker-esque rage is not required to kill someone. He isn't screaming a battle-cry. He isn't drinking her blood, nor bathing in her intestines. He isn't crushing her skull with a rock, either. He is doing the deed of but a moment - I wager that little scene there took no more than a second to do. It doesn't require him losing his mind, just his better judgment for a moment.
Now, it's true. Come next friday, I could be completely wrong. Pyroduck really could be a banana. But I don't think it's too much to say that Hennya really being alive is wishful thinking.
To paraphrase: "Hennya is dead. Please direct all therapy requests to the psychology ward."

pseudocompulsion

Oh, don't get me wrong; I think she's probably dead. I've also assumed that Aniz would kill her since she first attacked him, and, frankly, I'm not a big enough fan of her character to be all that denial-y about it.  I just don't think that Aniz killed her out of some blind berserker rage, and I think that his barrage of F-bombs comes from something surprising about her corpse.

That said, I do like the hydra theory, if only because that would be awesome, and I have an admitted soft spot for anything that's awesome. And her name is Hennya. And she is a many-headed serpent. Actually, with all that in mind, I should rephrase my first sentence: I have no reason not to think that she's dead, but I won't put anything past Amber. She's a devious one.  :mwaha

EDIT: Fixed a tag bracket.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Cogidubnus on September 08, 2007, 03:47:05 PM
Not counting her hair, that's -ten- pieces of Hennya. I was wrong earlier. Ten.
Yeah, I'm sure that really matters to her right now  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

EspyLacopa

I had thought that an important part about Killing in Self Defense is the fact that the person performing the self defense fears for his/her life.

Can you honestly say Aniz feared for his life from Henya leaping at him?  Or was he just pissed that she ruined his favorite shirt?