I'm worried.

Started by GabrielsThoughts, September 02, 2007, 10:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

Abel's story hasn't been updated, and amber's rant thing indicated a saturday update. did something bad/ unexplained happen? Was the rant just posted today(sun 8/2) , but having missed Saturday is it possible I missed another rant in which case she means this Saturday and not the last Saturday?
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Meh.  I'd prefer Amber enjoy her ``day to celebrate workers that's as far from May Day as possible'' in peace.  Sure, I'm anxious to see more of Abel's Story, but nothing can beat the last barbecue of the year.

(not that I'll have a barbecue this year. but still)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sajoli

I've been checking back pretty much once every two or three hours (NO! LIFE!) and nothing's changed since Friday. My guess is that things just got a little bit more hectic in Amber's life, and she's had to delay it a little bit. I don't think its anything serious, but if it is, I hope everything turns out okay for her; I absolutely hate it when horrible things unexpectedly happen to people I know. It makes me feel like a bad person for having done nothing to stop it.  :[
In the meantime, I shall picture Dan wearing Destania's outfit and laugh.

Amber Williams

My apartment is filled with a freakton of people. It's really hard to sit. and draw. and colour. when there are 5+ people conversing in your house and watching videos on a screen right next to you and wanting your attention.

I apologize for the late.  Now go awaaaaaaaay....

Zina

bill

nikename2

bill

Zedd

bill

how bout something that actually would fucking well kill them

Zedd

But its dull..It'll hurt more >:]

bill

how about a god damn knife

xHaZxMaTx

Fuyudenki

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 03, 2007, 12:33:45 AMWoodchipper, anyone?

I prefer nihilists.  Gets the job done faster.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 02, 2007, 11:06:20 PM
My apartment is filled with a freakton of people. It's really hard to sit. and draw. and colour. when there are 5+ people conversing in your house and watching videos on a screen right next to you and wanting your attention.

I apologize for the late.  Now go awaaaaaaaay....

My cat's like that, several people in one, demands attention, noisy, hard to do anything when she demands said attention.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

xHaZxMaTx

superluser

xHaZxMaTx

I've seen Fargo.  That's where I got the woodchipper idea from. :<

BeckyW

Quote from: superluser on September 02, 2007, 10:35:40 PM
Meh.  I'd prefer Amber enjoy her ``day to celebrate workers that's as far from May Day as possible'' in peace. ..

Sorry, they don't have Labor Day in Canada.
They have Labour Day instead.  It's pretty much the same except gas is $4 a gallon. 

superluser

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on September 03, 2007, 01:55:41 AMI've seen Fargo.  That's where I got the woodchipper idea from. :<

Then see The Big Lebowski.  You will like it.

Quote from: BeckyW on September 03, 2007, 01:58:38 AMSorry, they don't have Labor Day in Canada.
They have Labour Day instead.  It's pretty much the same except gas is $4 a gallon.

Oddly enough, I actually looked that up.  In addition, I never used the term Labo(u)r Day in the original message.

xHaZxMaTx

Does that mean they have Arbour Day, in Canada, as well? :P

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Regal

Just forget last week's Abel update and move it to this week's update. Then instead of being behind you are already ahead.   :mowcookie

[insert name]

AMBER IS DEAD!  OH GOD AN UPDATE IS LATE! THIS MEANS THAT AMBER IS DEAD AND THE WORLD IS ENDING AND OH GOD OH GOD WE'RE ALL DOOMED HELP US PLEASE SOMEONE HELP THE COMIC IS LATE AND THIS MEANS AMBER IS DEAD!!!

that is all.
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

bill

Regal

That's okay. Fluffy can bring her back as a zombie.

Again.

Amber Williams

Anywho, the situation was like this...since I now have time to write.

A couple weeks back, one of my friends who live in London recently got into a tight situation.  Basically his parents decided they were going to do a teaching program in China and so were renting their house out to another family while they were away for who knows how long.  He wasn't going because he had college starting in September...but there was a couple week gap between his family moving out(and the new family moving in) and him going to college.  So I volunteered my air-mattress to let him crash.

So the past week+ has been me A)helping him get his entire house packed before the new family would get there. B)having part of my place filled with various things he was going to take to college C)having to shuffle appointments and people hanging out for the time and D)having to drive multi-hours to get said friend to his new place with a car full of stuff

So its been stressful and mostly very time-consuming...which has really been eating all my freetime.

Hopefully things will get better now though.

Naldru

Quote from: [insert name] on September 04, 2007, 07:25:40 PM
AMBER IS DEAD!  OH GOD AN UPDATE IS LATE! THIS MEANS THAT AMBER IS DEAD AND THE WORLD IS ENDING AND OH GOD OH GOD WE'RE ALL DOOMED HELP US PLEASE SOMEONE HELP THE COMIC IS LATE AND THIS MEANS AMBER IS DEAD!!!

that is all.
If Amber is dead, how could she have posted a reply on another of the forums just twenty minutes ago ago?

I personally think a number of the readers on this forum are like cubi in that they feed on the emotions of the other posters and attempt to stir up as much emotional response as possible.  (That may also explain the extravagant use of emoticons by some posters.  It may be an attempt to feed the need for emotions so that they don't get chomped.)

Be nice to Amber.  Let her rest.  If she doesn't get to rest, she might be unable to do items for a week or more, as has happened in the past.  And then we'll all be "Doom, despair, and agony is me."  (I haven't seen any Hee-Haw jokes, and figured I might as well insert something totally different.)

Edit:

While writing this, Amber responed, thus proving that the rumors of her death were greatly exaggerated.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Goatmon

You mean all of the internet trolls are actually Cubi that feed off of annoyance and rage?