Last Resort - A Reality Show To Die For. [New Thread]

Started by Jigsaw Forte, August 25, 2007, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 05:59:15 AM
If he's prey, what would have happened if he'd won?

... Jigsaw would have had to re-draw ~13 strips? *hides*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2007, 07:21:28 AM

Would you mind expanding on that?  Unless she's got a buffer of 13 strips which you've somehow seen, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. 

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 07:38:40 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2007, 07:21:28 AM

Would you mind expanding on that?  Unless she's got a buffer of 13 strips which you've somehow seen, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. 

No, I have a buffer of 13 strips, none of which have been seen except by a few people IRL who can't help but see 'em (like my roommate), and a few glimpses of LJ icons. Llearch is just making the (fairly rational) assumption that a) we have a plot, and b) it follows the strips we've been seeing so far. And it does, but I think I would've figured out who I wanted for what roles long before now.

Several side notes:

- No, this really hasn't been thought through, a least not on the Producers' parts for the show itself. As will (probably) be revealed later, since the construction of the station in general implies that at least someone HAD put a decent level of thought into this...

- Slick isn't a crack shot, but it's not hard to imagine where he might've learned to at least pick up a gun and hold it in the right direction. When running an illegal operation, it's probably remiss not to at least teach your son/ the company heir how to defend themselves. This doesn't mean he's a GOOD shot, in this case.

- Much of the Season Premiere was about trying to present a level playing field to start, hence why the volunteers are also wearing prison jumpsuits (among other things), and part of that 'equality' was giving everyone an (on paper) chance to become an Executioner. Slick fit best with the other gunmen, in this case.

Either way, this is far from the end of Slick; we're still a good while away from getting anyone killed. (though it might help if I was a little faster with episodes somehow...)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 30, 2007, 10:31:54 AM
Either way, this is far from the end of Slick; we're still a good while away from getting anyone killed. (though it might help if I was a little faster with episodes somehow...)

Right, so since this is basically a qualifying round, they're still using paintballs or somesuch.  The fact that it was being broadcast made me assume it was live rounds.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 10:37:34 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 30, 2007, 10:31:54 AM

Right, so since this is basically a qualifying round, they're still using paintballs or somesuch.  The fact that it was being broadcast made me assume it was live rounds.

This would've made it a very quick show, wouldn't it?  ;)

The idea is that they have a cast of 16 for the entirety of the season. So like Sudoku said, the odds of anyone dying THIS early are slim and none, if only to conserve what they've got at this point.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 30, 2007, 10:51:47 AM
Only if they've got no additional reserves...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 11:00:50 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 30, 2007, 10:51:47 AM
Only if they've got no additional reserves...

More like "Slow to Replenish". but that's a topic to cover in the comics themselves...

... which at this point means it'll be at least January before I answer. XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 30, 2007, 07:38:40 AM

She said on IRC that she had up to strip, uh, 52, I think. Since she's currently showing strip 39, I simply subtracted the numbers. And then, as she said, I guessed. :-]

No, I haven't seen anything more than you have. I -did- have an archive for a while that I was churning back and forth through at a fair rate of knots, but that was more involved in sorting out the code that handled it, rather than the page contents themselves.

More than that, it was just a dig at Jig. Which it appears worked -extremely- well, since she posted so many responses. ;-]

(ok, now I -really- have to hide :-] )
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: modelincard on September 09, 2007, 09:57:16 AM
Actually, I just looked at the old page (archive.org), and I realize what part of the problem is. The boxes in the new look are white, which draws your eye on the red background. The old boxes were a lighter red, which didn't draw your eye too them as much. Perhaps something like using those boxes with a 20% or 50% white (so as to match with the symbol in the background) might work better.

That's an accessibility issue. Red is harder for colorblind people to see, and the dark text on a red background would blend too much. Make it dark enough for white to easily be seen, and there' not point in having a background color on the boxes at all, unless you make them much darker than the background of the site... and then it's back to the same issue again.

Dark text on white is much easier on the eyes, and easier for people with minor disabilities to read.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...