Last Resort - A Reality Show To Die For. [New Thread]

Started by Jigsaw Forte, August 25, 2007, 09:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigsaw Forte

http://lastresort.xepher.net

Weekly comic, updates Sundays. Started a new thread 'cause the last one fell off the page.

Zedd

Brunhidden

it really is surprising how fast some threads shoot down to the end of the page while others cling to the top.

I like the art, its very different from what i normally see and goes well with the way the story seems to be leading.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Kenji

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 26, 2007, 12:15:32 AM
it really is surprising how fast some threads shoot down to the end of the page while others cling to the top.

No kidding.

I do admit, sometimes I get lost while reading your pages Jig, but it's still an interesting little comic.

Jigsaw Forte

Another new page - I didn't even show this to my Dad when I first drew it.  >:3

Slight OMG'ness, still SFW though.

superluser

Thought it was good before.  Think it's better now.  This strip is going in the right direction.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Brunhidden

I agree with luser, the characters seem more expressive recently and the story/action portion of the comic seems to be getting into swing

sometime soon Jigsaw needs her own forum where a handful of people can come just for her, instead of a single thread here

Tapewolf

I think it has to have six months of uptime before it is eligible for a section here.
But yes, it's a good episode and the strip itself continues to hold my attention :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2007, 07:28:09 AM
I think it has to have six months of uptime before it is eligible for a section here.

i meant a forum on her website, not a new division of clockwork, although i had not thought of that and it works too

Zedd

GabrielsThoughts

hey, if she gets a section here, I demand one also.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on September 02, 2007, 06:23:23 PM
Well, she requested one - if she gets it, you can ask too :P

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2007, 07:21:31 PM

I did indeed request it. :) Alas, a month to go by my reckoning... unless I just go and get a standalone forum. I've really been waiting for a moment like this (read: when people start asking me to go get one) before attempting to do as much.

Turnsky

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 03, 2007, 02:37:22 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on September 02, 2007, 07:21:31 PM

I did indeed request it. :) Alas, a month to go by my reckoning... unless I just go and get a standalone forum. I've really been waiting for a moment like this (read: when people start asking me to go get one) before attempting to do as much.

it's a hit and miss affair with me, I've had two forums in my comic's lifetime, other than the odd post from the regulars, mine stays dead, mine is also on a collective forum with other comics, and when the main one of that forum went on hiatus, so did the rest of the forums, pretty much  :U  that said, here would be a fairly perfect spot for ya, since it's already a well established community.  :3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, Turnsky. I tried to check the forum that you currently have as the home base for your webcomic, and it seemed difficult to navigate around. Since the comic itself is already very well established, you could also probably get a board here too if the forum you've got now ever konks out on you again.

Jigsaw having here forum board here as well is also an interesting prospect, though, like has been pointed out, her comic itself needs to be a bit more established. It shouldn't take too long, though.

Turnsky

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 03, 2007, 02:42:23 PM
Yeah, Turnsky. I tried to check the forum that you currently have as the home base for your webcomic, and it seemed difficult to navigate around. Since the comic itself is already very well established, you could also probably get a board here too if the forum you've got now ever konks out on you again.

hrm, interesting prospect.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on September 03, 2007, 02:42:23 PMJigsaw having here forum board here as well is also an interesting prospect, though, like has been pointed out, her comic itself needs to be a bit more established. It shouldn't take too long, though.

What can I say, I'm an impatient git.

Can't really get big until you start talking about me more, after all.  ;)

Sienna Maiu - M T

It's interesting, although slightly confusing at times. I suppose I'll keep an eye out.

Jigsaw Forte

New Page!

I've probably ruined the punchline to this one by showing Daisy off too much before now, but of course, nothing's official until it hits comic continuity.

... I hope.

Sienna Maiu - M T

That's always such a cool song.
Horrible.
But hilarious.

Comic was awesome, truly a lark.

Faerie Alex

A new look for the site too, I see. The new header is good, nice and sharp. It seems a bit redundant having 2 sets of nav links, but that's a minor point. My main problem with it is that all the stuff to the right of the comic makes it look rather busy. I realize that not having them there would give you a lot of neutral space, but maybe there would be some compromise between?

Actually, I just looked at the old page (archive.org), and I realize what part of the problem is. The boxes in the new look are white, which draws your eye on the red background. The old boxes were a lighter red, which didn't draw your eye too them as much. Perhaps something like using those boxes with a 20% or 50% white (so as to match with the symbol in the background) might work better.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: modelincard on September 09, 2007, 09:57:16 AM
A new look for the site too, I see. The new header is good, nice and sharp. It seems a bit redundant having 2 sets of nav links, but that's a minor point. My main problem with it is that all the stuff to the right of the comic makes it look rather busy. I realize that not having them there would give you a lot of neutral space, but maybe there would be some compromise between?

Actually, I just looked at the old page (archive.org), and I realize what part of the problem is. The boxes in the new look are white, which draws your eye on the red background. The old boxes were a lighter red, which didn't draw your eye too them as much. Perhaps something like using those boxes with a 20% or 50% white (so as to match with the symbol in the background) might work better.

The color contrast issue makes sense; I'll ask the folks about turning it into a lighter red.

As for the double-nav, the old site had those as well to deal with quick-browse types versus people who read the whole page before clicking onward. That will probably stay as is for the sake of keeping things sane; the next solution is to put it to the side, an orientation I find rather awkward.

Part of the site's problem is that I'm working to a comic-bleed page ratio, whereas most strips are wider than they are tall (and can hence take up the whole page without looking weird). I was hoping the new design would help handle that.

Jigsaw Forte

techmaster-glitch

Jigsaw Forte

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jigsaw Forte

New page, and... SIX MONTH MARK!

You hear me, Mods? Pay up!  >:3

Zedd

Dont think they can here you but heres a muffin from my bakery of chaos....And leave with a question as well

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on September 30, 2007, 12:42:30 AM
New page, and... SIX MONTH MARK!

You hear me, Mods? Pay up!  >:3

We noticed. What were we expecting to pay, again? Abuse is the usual currency, I thought. ;-]

Edit:
I'm also disappointed the little black hairy guy didn't make it. Oh, well...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

They don't really seem to have thought this through, do they?

**EDIT**
Actually this is rather interesting.  Wasn't the cat guy supposed to be a wealthy wastrel who doesn't know one end of a gun from the other?

Even if he does, what's he doing among the executioners?  If he's prey, what would have happened if he'd won?