Vacation

Started by Brunhidden, August 03, 2007, 08:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brunhidden

Today Eowyn and i leave for a week trip to the wisconsin dells, wifes parents got a time share back when they were dirt cheap in the 80s so we get a free vacation. when we get back there should be pictures of her petting live deer and going to a water park. other then that, not much to report till after the fact.

and if Tapewolf just so happens to walk by here, if i hadn't been given any lines by now they can surely wait a week. i know, its a little presumptuous of me to think myself important but i don't wanna disappear without saying something. any lines that can wait till September, i will be moving into a townhouse where the bedrooms are upstairs and the computer downstairs- so i can do lines without waiting for the wife to be gone (she gives me funny looks and wanted to know why i had audacity) only asleep. unless its a loud line, then i have to wait till shes gone.

QuoteThey don't pay me enough to pull my pants back up
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Tapewolf

Yeah, that's quite alright.  I'm still working on 'Disasters' for now.  Have fun...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

wow, that was quick.

QuoteI need you less then i need my mousepad

Gabi

It was. Have a good time, Brunhidden!
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Angel

The second I saw the title of this post, I wanted to sing that song. I'm trying so hard not to right now...... can't much longer...

Vay-cay-tion, all I ever wanted! Vay-cay-tion had to get away! Vay-cay-tion something something some-thing yeahh!

Have a good time.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

superluser

Quote from: Black_angel on August 03, 2007, 09:52:33 AMThe second I saw the title of this post, I wanted to sing that song. I'm trying so hard not to right now...... can't much longer...

On another forum, we're all singing Summertime right now.

Anyways, enjoy the vacation, and play some Joplin for me (if you want to).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Fuyudenki

have fun, Brun!

and why haven't you told your wife about voicing for the DMFA radio project yet?  Is there a reason she doesn't want you installing stuff on the computer?

Zedd

I hope you have a thrill of a lifetime

Brunhidden

were back, and we appreciate all the concern.

this will be updated as i remember stuff, and pictures will probably go to a thread hosted by eowyn.

first off we went to the lovely Wisconsin dells, or 'lake delton' depending on how persnickety you want to be. one of the biggest vacation hot spots around.

we went to a water park called 'noahs ark', Americas largest water park. Eowyn had a blast, and went on two of the biggest waterslides twice each. these slides were 'congo bongo' and 'dark voyage', i was surprised she liked dark voyage so much as the slide is completely black inside for a good long ride. however she proved to be a cool kid and said 'wheee' and 'again'.

the water park was a new experience for me too, for the first time i wore a black swim shirt with my trunks, i actually looked good. times where i have looked in a mirror and thought "i feel sexy" can be counted on the fingers of one hand, but this was one of them... however the shirt made me extraordinarily conscious of my nipples, like a woman wearing a wet white T shirt- a comparison confirmed when i returned to our room and a top 10 wet T shirt moment show was on....yup, thats what i looked like.

TV was a big thing, for over a year and a half my family has not owned a functioning TV so the few cable channels i caught were interesting to me.

Eowyn saw inuyasha for the first time, she was mildly intrested but fell asleep.

I have been compared by several people to Maes Hughes, but have only seen 3 episodes of FMA.... i saw one more, the episode where he gets killed. to my surprise i find that comparing me to him was quite accurate- everything from how i look and act to how im proud of my daughter and have a fondness for throwing knives. watching an effigy of yourself die is kind of weird.

the wife found a new show 'fooled by nature' to be a challenging personal test. being a complete city girl this 'nature' thing astounds her. also she finds movies on HBO to be hypnotic.

Eowyn did indeed go to a deer park, where over a hundred live deer roam free and visitors can feed and pet them. Eowyn however went a step further, and hugged some of them. sadly during this fantastic experience eowyn had to be strapped to her stroller for fear of her bolting off never to be caught. one adult buck actually caught me in my good eye with his antlers by accident, but theres no hard feelings. eowyn also petted some goats, the only animals other then the deer not to have a 'caution, may bite/peck' sign next to them... or in the case of the lemurs "do not hand lemurs objects, they will use them to escape"

due to my sensitivity to the sun this is normally a very painful vacation. however this year my swim shirt shielded my most sensitive skin and i was able to use sunscreen on my face (not my arms or legs, neither sunscreen or after sun lotion can penetrate my thick fur) so i was only pink for two days with no peeling, a sight some of you may find highly amusing. however i learned that sunscreen does not work quite as i had hoped- a few times i scratched my face and the red marks became semi-permanent burns that look like i was mauled by either a horny wolverine or a rabid fangirl.

on our return to our apartment we found the place to be infested with flies, how they got here i don't know, but eowyn has already started to wave goodbye to them...

QuoteGod is really only another artist, he made the elephat, giraffe and cat. He has no real style but keeps trying new ideas.