Newgrounds Redesign

Started by techmaster-glitch, July 18, 2007, 12:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

This thread is for anyone who frequents the flash website, newgrounds.com, acclaimed as one of the largest flash communities on the web. Those who do frequent the site have probably........noticed........the recent redesign.

Discuss. What are your thoughts?

My first though when seeing it,
WHAT THE F**K IS THIS S**T?!?!?!?!?
And I think I mean that in a good way...I still don't know...this will take some getting used to.

Fuyudenki

Honestly, I can't see much difference.

I mean aside from the definite, pleasing lack of hentai ads plastered over every free corner of the website.

Can you guess why I never frequent Newgrounds very much?

Ryudo Lee

I like it.  I especially like how they're no longer forcing pop-ups to actually view the flashes.  Now they just superimpose it on top of the current page you're viewing, and they keep the option of making it a pop up.  I like that.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Zedd

Yes so much simpler this way

techmaster-glitch

Really? I hate that. Since it isn't in popup form anymore, you can't just minimize it and go do something else on the same page, like say, when it's loading. You'd actually have to pull up another tab or window to do that. It annoys me.

lucas marcone

you know there are links to the old way of viewing right?

Aridas

Yeah, in other words, you're spazzing over the slightest change.

techmaster-glitch

You obviously are another someone who does not actually frequent Newgrounds if you think this is a slight change.
And I only spazzed initialy, because everything looked so different.

And I do belive I said this thread was made for fellow Newgrounders in the very first line of the first post? Or are there none here?

Aridas

Well then you're a big jackass. Happy?

techmaster-glitch

What exactly are you referring to, in my being a 'jackass'? Please, do tell.

lucas marcone

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on July 18, 2007, 03:11:28 PM
Well then you're a big jackass. Happy?

dude what is your problem?!? the only stuff you've been posting (in the places i actually SEE you posting) YOU'VE been the jackass. i haven't seen you post anything helpful in months.

Edit: by the way, glitch is right for newgrounder that IS a big change. that's why tom kept links to the old style.

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 18, 2007, 03:09:56 PM
You obviously are another someone who does not actually frequent Newgrounds if you think this is a slight change.
And I only spazzed initialy, because everything looked so different.

And I do belive I said this thread was made for fellow Newgrounders in the very first line of the first post? Or are there none here?

I frequent Newgrounds, almost every day.  I happen to like the change.  When I first caught sight of the change I was like, "Wow this is cool.  So much easier on the eyes, and wow they changed how they deliver flash videos.  Newgrounds has really become a Web 2.0 site."

techmaster-glitch

Thank you, Ryudo. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about and has an opinion. I think the redesign looks nice, too. It was just so different from the original that it surprised me originally.

Jim Halisstrad

I dig the new layout so far and I love the NG Bytesize.

Aridas

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 18, 2007, 03:37:53 PM
Thank you, Ryudo. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about and has an opinion. I think the redesign looks nice, too. It was just so different from the original that it surprised me originally.
There you go. There's your example. Hiding insults in your posts.

techmaster-glitch

Ummm, that wasn't an insult, and it wasn't directed at you either.

Aridas

Things never have to be direct. You're still talking about me with what you said. Don't play dumb.

techmaster-glitch

*sigh* You know what, you just aren't worth this.

Back to the discussion. I kind of like how they split the games and movies up on the front page.

lucas marcone

*psst* maybe if we ignore him he'll just go away.

seriously soulfire if you don't have anything helpful to say shut you freaking trap.

Xuzaf D

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 18, 2007, 07:15:51 PM
*sigh* You know what, you just aren't worth this.
...that is also a jab...

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

(drops pants and does the naked Archie dance)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Xuzaf D

Ryudo Lee