Video game moments that made you cry

Started by Vidar, July 09, 2007, 12:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunblink

The ending of Final Fantasy X, as well as a few other scenes I cannot immediately recall from that game, made me bawl like a baby girl. Then again, I was pretty young when I first played FFX, and really sensitive, so that isn't really a big achievement. Still, the ending sort of makes me sad when I think about it.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Catffeinated

Let's see, there was one time, I was playing Red Steel for the Wii, Part one, last level, last few minutes of the level. My location: In a glass room about 20 feet above the ground, about thirty five opponents around said room, on ground, with eagle-eye aim, only cover was a tabe (and that was temporary), but a sniper rifle on the other side of the room. Tried to dash for the gun, didn't make it. Dashed to the tabe, flipped it for cover, ducked, waited to heal, then ran over, didn't work. Sniped out people from doorway, I got most of them, got the gun, opened a door to a catwalk, started walking across, got killed by a guy about 50 feet away... WITH AN UZI.  :rant .
Not only that, I went backwards through the level before the room... and found body armor... It was one of those, it's so ironic it's sad moments...

And then another: When I saw Elder Scrolls: Oblivion's graphics.

Azlan

... When they reset my SotNW account back to nothing at the end of the beta, I almost made 60 darn it!
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Forsaken

....When I realized that I had finally beaten system shock 2, only to realize that I was out of good games to play :O

FG

techmaster-glitch

Just remembered. All of the ending cutscenes to the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask make me cry tears of happiness every time I see it. Except for the whole thing with the Deku Butler's Son, unarguably the darkest and most tragic story in that game.

crimson_wolf

Thats one of the few reasons i still play games.I have yet to find a video game that can make me shed a tear I'm more than positive I'm missing my soul. I hope that one day a game or movie will make me shed even a single tear. Hapiness,sadness even anger It's been years since something has forced out my emotions.

Vidar

Quote from: crimson_wolf on August 06, 2007, 01:25:30 AM
Thats one of the few reasons i still play games.I have yet to find a video game that can make me shed a tear I'm more than positive I'm missing my soul. I hope that one day a game or movie will make me shed even a single tear. Hapiness,sadness even anger It's been years since something has forced out my emotions.

Maybe you should turn the difficulty up to "Hard"  (or "Legendary", or "Spartan", or "OMG THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE"). You will fear anger, frustration, sadness, and IF you beat it, joy and happpiness (even if it's from the fact that you won't have to go through that again in this game).

I'm sorry, was that too cynical?  :sweatdrop
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

King Of Hearts

Super Robot Wars, final boss... Deuminas.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Am1tBE4eQ

Deuminas was a sentient Ai, with a self evolving body, shortly after she was "born" her father/creator called her a failure and tried to destroy her, deuminas killed her creator. She then fled her home and used her abilities to create a star spanning empire and three children that she sincerely loved as a mother. She had it all... everything... but her purpose. Its this obsession to find the answer to that question that drove her to conflict with the game's heroes.

Before the final battle, she was duped by the heroes and an engine powered by the Flow of time blew up on her face, mortally wounding her. With the heroes fast approaching, her children approached her and decided to do the ultimate sacrifice... to restore their mother to her glory, in exchange... they would lose their memories and their lives... i like Despinis' dialogue the best... "mama, when you remake me, please give me a more adult body." [they were also constructs with the form of children]

With Deuminas restored and the heroes at the front gates, she would try to talk at the husks of her children hoping that some traces of their consciousness remain, only to be replied with deafening silence. The heroes burst in and the final battle takes place, Deuminas watching on as soul less bodies of her children try to defend her and fall one after the other.

As the last of her children fell, she came to a conclusion of her purpose... it was because of her that her children died, it was because of her that the earth was engulfed in war... therefore, her purpose... was destruction.

*insert final battle*

Deuminas falling down, her last breath she used asking the same quesion that she had when she was born... "What is my purpose?" But in the end, after all has been said and done, the heroes came to another conclusion... she was "human."

another instance, which made me teary was finally beating this guy... the Schtern Reggeseur, which is basically what happens when Lovecraft designs the Death star.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=p-BEjq8kLkA&NR=1

poor poor galaxy. gawd he was such a tiring opponent with his high stats, especially his HP, defense, and a barrier that negates half the damage my troops deal him. I gave him the finger when I finally beat him.

Nikki

For Xze..it was in KH2 after Roxas sees Sora in that white room in that egg...and he's gone the next moment.

i had gotten so attached to him D8

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Kenji

Yeah, I like Roxas a lot more than Sora... He just has a better feel to him.

Vidar

Super smash bros melee: homerun contest. I can get just over 300 meters (about 900 feet), and no more. I keep turning into a geek with the monst incredible buttered fat sausagefingers and I keep screwing up while other seem to hit 4000+ with relative ease.  'A'
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

bilbo-sama

Eh, the ending to the first Kingdom Hearts game nearly made me cry when I first saw it. I blame the theme song.

I was ready to cry in .hack//GU vol. 2:Reminisce when Alkaid turns into a Lost One (ie, goes comatose in the real world) in Haseo's arms.  Thinking about it makes me tear up a little.  :cry

(And I'm replaying the game. That cut scene will be back to haunt me soon.  :U)

Darkmoon

(reads thread)

Please don't say Aeris, please don't say Aeris. Everyone always says Aeris...

(three posts in)

Fuck.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

GabrielsThoughts

Final fantasy seven...but I can't place my finger on 'what' made me cry.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Amber Williams

I admit I felt a bit sad during the story of Red 13's dad during FF7.

Other than that, I think the only game that got me close to tearworthy was in Legend of Mana, and the story that involved the Gem-peeps.

Kenji

Quote from: Amber Williams on August 11, 2007, 06:05:55 PM
I admit I felt a bit sad during the story of Red 13's dad during FF7.

Other than that, I think the only game that got me close to tearworthy was in Legend of Mana, and the story that involved the Gem-peeps.

Yes, the Jumi story was rather depressing. As was the dragoneer sibling one.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

xHaZxMaTx

Not necessarily crying, but scared the living shit out of me:

I've been playing Half-Life 2 all night, and I just got to Ravenholm.  First time I heard that howling, I thought, "Uh-uh, no way, fuck that shit!"  Even at 8:30 AM, when it's bright out.  I wonder if I'll ever beat that game. :<

bill

Don't worry, Ravenholm isn't that scary after you get used to the atmosphere. Besides, after Ravenholm is the game's best level!

Zedd

Fatal Frame 1 scared the monkeys outta me

GabrielsThoughts

There was a a moment of frustration in Scooby-doo unmasked where...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

Okays one more...This one will seriously make you go cry and never play this game again...EVER! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNrEJYnx5VI

GabrielsThoughts

I remember this one MSDOS APOGEE game that was a doom rip off...after completing  all 35 levels the finaly was two captions of text basically telling  telling me I did a good job with no regard for wrapping up the storyline. it was like all your effort was wasted and they didn't expect you to ace the final level, there was no sense of completion and I never played the game again.

Turnsky

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 17, 2007, 05:47:10 PM
I remember this one MSDOS APOGEE game that was a doom rip off...after completing  all 35 levels the finaly was two captions of text basically telling  telling me I did a good job with no regard for wrapping up the storyline. it was like all your effort was wasted and they didn't expect you to ace the final level, there was no sense of completion and I never played the game again.
lessee, Blake stone?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netrogo

Quote from: Zedd on August 14, 2007, 08:12:15 PM

Agreed. The first one was the scariest, but the second and third played off emotions in general much better. The second one's ending is hella sad though :cry
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Netrogo on August 21, 2007, 07:13:23 PM

Agreed. The first one was the scariest, but the second and third played off emotions in general much better. The second one's ending is hella sad though :cry

"Crimson.... Butterfly?"
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Zedd

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 22, 2007, 12:10:56 AM
Quote from: Netrogo on August 21, 2007, 07:13:23 PM

"Crimson.... Butterfly?"
Yes...A place where makes you wonder...wheres the raid can?

GabrielsThoughts

there was a game demo, this guy had a horse named arrow and no instructions about what you were supposed to do. I just rode around on the guys horse for an half hour before going back to the castle climbing to the top of a tower and  jumping into a pool of water and drowning.

Suwako

I'm a shooter kind of person..

The end of unreal II the awakening was emotional for me.  :<

(edited: and to end  :U  )