800 comics! Can I hear a "W00t W00t"?

Started by techmaster-glitch, June 27, 2007, 02:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Way to go Amber!
Thread celebrating Amber's 800'th comic!
Congrats!

Zedd

Azlan

*Lights up the water pipe*

For blowing bubbles of course.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

xHaZxMaTx

Cemalidor

Who? The bubbles?  :3

Anyway gratz to Amber.  :mowmeep

Swift-Skink

Wootles...

(I swear I've used that before.)

kaskar

:mowmeep You say 800 comics here. Remember the Abel's story comics too. Makes almost 900 then. Give full praise to Amber ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

RJ

tenlaius

WOO!!! PARTY!! *runs around the inn, and will continue to do so even if interupted by streaking mab's from certain guest comic artist*

Distracting

Woo! Go Amber! 800+ comics and counting! Awesome job.

Aridas

I never saw people making such a big deal about the other 799 comics.

Angel

Congrats, and I'm moving my post to the proper thread.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Nerikull

w00tah, Amber!

Just think, 200 more to the big 1k!  :mowmeep
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Turnsky

Quote from: Nerikull on June 27, 2007, 06:35:25 AM
w00tah, Amber!

but can what remains of her already fragile psyche handle such a feat?!  :mowtongue

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alondro

Quote from: Turnsky on June 27, 2007, 07:01:50 AM
w00tah, Amber!

but can what remains of her already fragile psyche handle such a feat?!  :mowtongue

*shakes his head*  No, I'm afraid it can't.  The Pretty Princess of Aluminum Foil may return permanently after DMFA1K.   :|

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tapewolf

w00tah, Amber!

Indeed.  Congratulations on the milestone.
One thing about the big 1000... the PHP running the site seems to be based on three digits.  Is that going to be a problem?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

Talashar

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2007, 07:53:50 AM
One thing about the big 1000... the PHP running the site seems to be based on three digits.  Is that going to be a problem?

She can always convert to Hexa, in which case 1000 becomes 3E8   :erk

Naldru

Quote from: Talashar on June 27, 2007, 08:27:38 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2007, 07:53:50 AM

She can always convert to Hexa, in which case 1000 becomes 3E8   :erk
PHP allows if statements, so the modification shouldn't be too hard.  (One block of statements for 999 and below, another for 1000 and above.)  They also have over a year to make any required changes.

Besides, if you switched to hexadecimal, 1000 hexadecimal would be over one million in decimal.  People like to see round numbers, and that one would take an awfullly long time to reach.

Sometimes, I'm not sure if the people on this forum are serious.  Sometimes, I'm not even sure if I'm serious.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Damaris

There's a code modification in the works, actually, so it won't be a problem.  Most users won't see a big difference, although the look may change slightly, but it won't be a visual redesign.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

rt

More Wooty Woot Wootness from this direction  :mowhappy

;) also  :giggle they are already busy fighting the 1k bug .. make sure all those mow filled missles stay in the silos guys  :boogie

Now someone sprinkle Jyrras with fae dust, or give the poor roo-rat a jet pack

ShiningShadow

YEAH!!!!!!!!  *shoots 50 cal up in the air* Amber you rock with the 800th  strip I can't wait for the 1000th and TRIPLE WOOT.

GabrielsThoughts

I'm sure Jyrras has prepared for this eventuality, maybe he has a patch or something that will give him wings.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Miaka

Hell. 800 comics is a lot of work, huh?

Congratulations to Amber, and I, one of the many many lazy folks who could never get themselves ti di that, salute you.

AnizInDisguise

Quote from: kaskar on June 27, 2007, 03:03:11 AM
:mowmeep You say 800 comics here. Remember the Abel's story comics too. Makes almost 900 then. Give full praise to Amber ...

And don't forget bonus comics, they count. So it should be 900 or more!

techmaster-glitch

But that is all for a different count. We are counting the main story comics. If we were counting everything, Amber would be hitting soon, or already have broken, 1K comics.

GabrielsThoughts

divide by three assuming you were to have a layout of  three, with a small commentary per page... meaning if you were to you were to publish the 800 strips as a book you'd have close to 266 pages... nice job
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Psychogirl

Woah! 800 strips already? *goes back to check*
Yup. 800. That went pretty fast... I still remember when she placed the 500 mark for the comic:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_500.php

She has so much to do, she probably won't be able to do something super-ultra special for the big 1k.

But anywyas, I congrat Amber on her stunning work.

Aisha deCabre

W00t W00t!   :3

Dang, 800 comics.  My congrats!  It's been said before, but it bears repeating, it's quite a milestone.  Considering such a large number, I bet that waiting for the big 1K won't take very long at all.   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

RushFox

Remember kiddies, when you wish for BIG things for 1,000 comics, be prepared for a big delay, usually having something to do with living up to big expectations without the risk of alienating the audience! It happens all the time with these web-comicky thingies...

Personally, I think 1,000 strips would be the perfect time for Amber to release that Special Edition CD she's been planning for the longest time. Would make darn good sense given what she could do with it in the timeframe between now and 1,000 and would probably be easier than a 1000th anniversary comic/wallpaper thing, IMO.  :)